Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557319 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #4980 on: May 30, 2013, 11:57:25 am »

I have not seen the ship before. Can I see where the kitchen is?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: May 30, 2013, 12:05:27 pm »

"So, is this normal business or was my appraisal correct? Perhaps you are even slavers..."
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4982 on: May 30, 2013, 01:44:26 pm »

On the Bargain of Ages...

Sigmund is quick to answer the question, not wasting a moment of time.

"No, it's my first time in this fine vessel."

After yet another adjutant's whisper, the lady looks at Sigmund doubtfully for a moment.

"I have not seen the ship before. Can I see where the kitchen is?"

The adjutant nods and the lieutenant replies with the same, then looks at Niklas in a rather annoyed fashion.

"Place him somewhere else, mage-hands."

"Will do."

[Mage-Hand 1 magic roll: 2+1]

The mage-hand looks at Niklas intently, and Niklas floats about a foot up, then gently descends as the mage lets out a long sigh of exertion.

"Help me out here, buddy!" he says to his compatriot currently busy holding Kevin. The other mage-hand doesn't seem to pay him any mind, though.

"Well, screw you too, then!" he says after a moment, then turns to Niklas again.

"Alright, guess I can show you where the kitchen is, I suppose. At least it'll get you out of the lieutenant's way. Me as well, to a lesser degree. Come with me, now."

He walks over to a steel door and makes it open with a motion of his hand, then beckons Niklas to come in.

Back over at the more popular corner of the ship, Scott keeps asking more questions.

"So, is this normal business or was my appraisal correct? Perhaps you are even slavers..."

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Now, when you first came on this ship, and this most certainly wasn't just now, did you by any chance take anything?"

Again with the questions!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4983 on: May 30, 2013, 01:54:11 pm »

Kevin, finally seeing something he could help somebody with, and some adventure, tries to follow Niklas and whoever took him.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4984 on: May 30, 2013, 02:11:26 pm »

"In what context do you mean 'take anything'?" Scott starts waving his hands whilst he begins an inane rant.
"Did I imbibe something? No, I cannot process food and drink. Did I take offence to something? Sure, all these questions. Was I assaulted and did I withstand it? Both yes and no, but not on this ship. Was I sexually convened upon? Was I given a hand out? Did I retrieve my money? Did I use magical arts to create a picture? Did I purloin some bawbles...Speak girl!"
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4985 on: May 30, 2013, 02:14:18 pm »

Follow the guy.
Sig! Onol

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4986 on: May 30, 2013, 03:23:58 pm »

Sigmund tried to calm things down:

-Has something happened here before we arrived? Because we just came here and payed for a trip.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4987 on: May 30, 2013, 03:57:34 pm »

Morton could only look at the scene in confusion, not entirely sure the reason for all the fuss. Well, beyond what he assumes to be Scott aggravating the ranking officer on deck. He hung back with the other mages in his group, messing around with the straps on the backpack some.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: May 30, 2013, 06:38:39 pm »

Thinking quickly, Darren tries to grab debris. After collecting all the debris he can find, he forms it into a vaguely human shape and tries to animate it.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4989 on: May 30, 2013, 09:17:30 pm »

take the bag and give a bow to the helper before heading to the boat and rejoining the group
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4990 on: May 31, 2013, 01:08:01 am »

On the Bargain of Ages...

Kevin, seeing an opportunity, tries to get down from his terrible position!

[Kevin fidgeting vs. Mage-Hand 2 telekinesis: 1 vs. 6+1]

As soon as he attempts to get free, the mage-hand gestures slightly, instantly straightening him out and keeping him completely still! Dang.

At the same time, Scott appears to be executing some sort of conversational strategy based entirely around being completely inane and such, making Morton feel a tad awkward. Oh, that Master Scott, he tries, bless his soul, he certainly tries. But Morton will get out of the way just in case.

"In what context do you mean 'take anything'? Did I imbibe something? No, I cannot process food and drink. Did I take offense to something? Sure, all these questions. Was I assaulted and did I withstand it? Both yes and no, but not on this ship. Was I sexually convened upon? Was I given a hand out? Did I retrieve my money? Did I use magical arts to create a picture? Did I purloin some baubles... speak, girl!"

"Did you remove anything from its location on this ship when you were first here? Yes or no."

"Has something happened here before we arrived? Because we just came here and paid for a trip."

The adjutant nods silently once more, something not lost on the lady.

"We will get to that soon. Wait a moment. I must resolve certain matters."

Niklas decides to take the chance to blow this popsicle stand while he still can, going into the now-open ship door and following the guy.

The interior of the ship is pretty elaborate, he'd say. Lots of wall carvings, murals, exquisite furniture and such, though it does seem a bit... empty. Something's missing from it all, Niklas can tell. Oh well. Kitchen time! He follows the guy through several hallways and down a ladder, then comes to a large steel door with a small slot in it. The door has no visible opening mechanism.

"Right, so here's the kitchen. It's got a whole lot of golems in it, and you can even hear them if you listen in," he says, putting his ear to the door. then withdrawing it in short order.

"Golems are rather nice, not to mention very meticulous and precise. Though if you infringe on the kitchen, they tend to get extremely violent. And since they're made of steel, this is somewhat of a problem for most. You can take a look through the slot to see them at work if you want to."

Back in Emlocke...

Darren, supposing that there's no reason he can't make precautions in case something terrible happens, tries to animate a debris golem!

[Animate Construct roll: 6]

Since they're trying to destroy the house anyway, he supposes he can take some of that debris! He pulls a whole lot of large bits of debris from the crumbling facade, essentially dismantling it entirely and managing to get a good look at the inside of the house - fairly nice interior, filled with rather old, though also rather splendid furnishings. Anyway, though, after performing such renovation, he takes the debris and forms it into a man! A ten foot man made of swirling stones and sharp, jagged bits of glass flying about in a rather dangerous-looking fashion!

"Interesting construct. Looks effective," the dog says as it and the whip man get ready for something. The whip man seems to prepare his whip, his jars, his pentacles and even some axes, not to mention some odd marbles. Darren can sort of hear something now. It sounds a bit like wheezing, a bit like giggling. And it's very close.

The dog looks in a certain direction and barks in it!

[Master magic roll: 5+1]

The blast tears along the street, upturning the already badly abused cobblestones! The response is a bit of giggling from an entirely different direction, the alley in this case. Nothing there that Darren can see, but he's sure that there is actually something.

In the town hospital of Shriekpot...

Mark bows to the custodian and Doctor Johnson, then heads back to the boat. Oh, look. More mages. He certainly hasn't seen enough of those, no sir! A peevish lady in a dark red robe appears to be questioning the group, paying special attention to that Scott guy for some reason. She looks at Mark as he comes upon the deck.

"Wonderful. More strange people. You wouldn't, by any chance, be able to speak?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4991 on: May 31, 2013, 01:23:25 am »

Look through the slot.
Sig! Onol

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4992 on: May 31, 2013, 02:03:20 am »

"No, the very fact that you have the audacity to even think.." Scott shakes his head and looks to his master in bewilderment.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4993 on: May 31, 2013, 04:28:46 am »

Mark shakes his head then shows the lady his medical bag so she understands he is a doctor
(I wander how badly this could go)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 04:32:27 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4994 on: May 31, 2013, 06:50:30 am »

At the kitchen of the Bargain of Ages...

Niklas, standing up on his tiptoes, looks through the slot in the door. What he sees on the other side is quite fascinating - at least four men made of steel, each of them possessing six arms and four legs, are busy either cleaning the kitchen, slaughtering and preparing various creatures that Niklas doesn't recall seeing in the surrounding area - they're too strangely-colored and multi-limbed, not to mention quite exotic-looking, managing magical fires on strange stoves, watching over a multitude of boiling pots and filling up bottles with various liquids. Looks like food is not the only thing they prepare here. The golems work quickly, their movements almost a blur in the constant hubbub of the room.

Also, they are all singing as they work. Well, sort of - it's more like the sound of a hundred wind chimes playing melodically at once. Despite the fact that the kitchen looks extremely busy, there is a certain look of serenity. Also, considering the fact that it's working to what Niklas assumes is full capacity, it is surprisingly neat in there - why, you'd be hard-pressed to find a single spot on the wall you could complain about, let alone a single mess.

While he gazes, another metal man approaches the slot and looks at him with colorless crystalline eyes that appear to lack pupils. After a moment, it speaks in a lilting, high-pitched, metallic voice.

"You have a request?"

"Go ahead, ask 'em for something."

On the main deck of the Bargain of Ages...

Mark, prompted by the woman, shakes his tree in a sort of negative way, then presents his surgeon's kit to her.

"Ah, so you are some kind of doctor, I assume? A rather strange-looking one, admittedly, but what can you do."

Scott is shocked that these people would accuse him so! He may be a wanton murderer, yes, but never, never a thief! And now she's talking to treeface! What gall!

"No, the very fact that you have the audacity to even think..."

A whisper from the gray-robed man later, the lieutenant looks a bit perplexed.

"If you did not steal anything on your first time here, do you know of anyone who could have, then? Furthermore, why did you lie about not having been here before?"

Scott looks at the Artiste in bewilderment. The Artiste looks right back somewhat uncertainly, as if unsure what's happening right now.
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 719