Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557327 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #4965 on: May 29, 2013, 07:47:51 am »

Sigmund replied to the shopkeeper:

-I'm looking for a a gift for a friend of mine. He likes cooking, but specifically butchering things rather that cooking them. Do you have something that could fit him?

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4966 on: May 29, 2013, 07:53:43 am »

"May I ask where we will be staying during this voyage? I fear your teasing of my now probably comatose companion will grow quite tiring."

Scott shall examine the people, looking for anything that could insinuate that they were foreign to the surroundings.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4967 on: May 29, 2013, 10:01:10 am »

Niklas shrugs. Well, where would the golem kitchen be? So I can ... look at it.

Try to maintain a neutral expression.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4968 on: May 29, 2013, 10:41:42 am »

Kevin just listens, as he has nothing to contribute nor the tools neccesary to contribute.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4969 on: May 29, 2013, 01:40:48 pm »

In a hospital in Shriekpot...

Mark goes for the direct approach and looks for some paper. Fortunately, there's one right over there! It's, like, some kind of chart, but he guesses it'll do. He takes out his charcoal and begins to write with it.

However, he is interrupted by a custodian! Said custodian attempts to snatch the chart out of his hands, but Mark's a bit too fast, dodging the grab most adequately.

"Hey! Put that back where you found it! That's a vital chart for us!"

Hm. He appears to be rather distraught about the fact Mark's holding the chart.

At the stand of Gunther Gunnarson, All-Purpose Smith and Hawker...

Sigmund asks the amiable smith about certain items of interest.

"I'm looking for a a gift for a friend of mine. He likes cooking, but specifically butchering things rather that cooking them. Do you have something that could fit him?"

"Oh, certainly! For only 12 copper coins, you can have this butcher's knife - wonderful for several uses - skinning, killing animals, preparing meat and so forth, a proper tool for a professional," Gunther says, proudly holding up what is indeed a butcher's knife - it certainly resembles a chef's knife, but the blade is quite a bit heftier, and it doesn't look to have quite the stabbing edge, having a bit of a squarish end. After holding it up for a moment, the smith puts it down in front of him on a white sheet with nothing else on it.

"Also, I have several cleavers, also of great use in butchering animals, and am willing to part with one for about, shall we say, 18 copper coins. They are rather sharp and large, after all," he continues, brandishing a rather impressive-looking meat cleaver and placing it next to the butcher's knife.

"But these are all things I bet your friend already has, if perhaps of lesser quality," the smith says, holding up one finger. "What I bet he doesn't have, however, is these," he says excitedly, pulling out two interesting-looking axes, each of which sports a rather interesting, elongated head.

"You might be asking 'what are those?', but fear not, I will explain - these are called tomahawks by certain smiths, and they are quite the utilitarian tool. In addition to all the pleasant, almost universally useful qualities of a nice axe, these are also rather good for throwing - if your friend likes hunting for his butchery, he would certainly appreciate something like these. Great versatility, high quality, good against both trees and animals!" he shrewdly advertises, displaying the tomahawks in all their splendor. "Now, I'm willing to let one of these go for about 20 copper coins, both of them for 30."

On the Bargain of Ages...

Scott, not terribly bothered by the woman's question, asks his own in return.

"May I ask where we will be staying during this voyage? I fear your teasing of my now probably comatose companion will grow quite tiring."

"You may answer my question and allow things to proceed at a reasonable level of smoothness. Now, have you been on this ship before?"

She seems to be getting a tad impatient, Scott observes.

Niklas, meanwhile, is experiencing a whole new level of personal tragedy. His face betrays more than a slight amount of frustration and bewilderment as he asks his next question.

"Well, where would the golem kitchen be? So I can... look at it."

"Sorry, can't talk to you anymore. Lieutenant will get pissed at me again. She's already kinda peevish."

The woman turns to the mage-hand again.

"Mage-hand, shut your trap or there will be trouble!"

The mage-hand shrugs at Niklas and makes an apologetic motion with his hands.

Kevin, floating above it all, basks in his inability to contribute anything to the ongoing conversation. Best to just accept it and enjoy the feeling of suspension somewhat high above the deck.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4970 on: May 29, 2013, 01:43:35 pm »

Talk to the woman.

Where is the golem kitchen? I want to ... look at it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4971 on: May 29, 2013, 03:05:37 pm »

"Lieutenant (pronounced left-tenant >:[)? That doesn't seem to be a rank assigned to staff of a civilian vessal...Would that be why you are asking us if we have been on this ship before? Some lucky band of mercenaries or an enterprising foreign power that had managed to seize this ship?"
Scott will eye them all for a reaction to this hypothesis.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:08:56 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4972 on: May 29, 2013, 03:11:02 pm »

Morton nodded when the woman thanked him, and listened in on the conversation between her and the group. Hearing Ex-Master Scott's insinuations, he took a rather noticeable step away from Scott, scratching the back of his head awkwardly. Oh dear.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:12:54 pm by Xanmyral »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4973 on: May 29, 2013, 05:49:03 pm »

Sigmund smiled:

-I'm sure he will like these axes. How did you say there were called?

((After the response))
-Well, definitelly I'm buying this. I'd like to have both.

Sigmund then gives the man the gold coin and five copper coins and takes the axes, then goes back to the ship.

((Hooded man with tomahawks, I'm Connor!))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4974 on: May 29, 2013, 06:00:28 pm »

Mark gives nonverbel comunication a go by asking the man where I can get some surgeon tools
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4975 on: May 30, 2013, 07:43:39 am »

Niklas, being given the silent treatment by the mage-hand, tries to get the attention of the lieutenant.

"Where is the golem kitchen? I want to... look at it," he says at a reasonable volume, making sure to keep the suspicious pause in there for the sake of subtext.

The woman looks at him with a mean gaze.

"You can't go there. Entrance is forbidden to all crew except the captain on pain of death to be delivered by the golem chefs. Now shut up about the kitchen already."

She turns to Scott again, expecting some answers. How naive of her.

"Left-tenant? That doesn't seem to be a rank assigned to staff of a civilian vessel... would that be why you are asking us if we have been on this ship before? Some lucky band of mercenaries or an enterprising foreign power that had managed to seize this ship?"

Morton, hearing these insinuations, takes a sizable step away from Scott, scratching his head awkwardly. The woman clenches her teeth for a moment, scowling at Scott, then resumes her default look of annoyance.

"You have one," she says, holding up her index finger, "one more chance. Have you been on this ship before? Now, I want you to think before saying anything more. Just a yes or no. You have a bit of time. Let it simmer a bit. Answer honestly."

As she speaks, she starts to grin a little.

At the stall of Gunther Gunnarson...

Sigmund smiles at Gunther as he sees the throwing axes.

"I'm sure he will like these axes. How did you say there were called?"

"Tomahawks."

"Well, definitely I'm buying this. I'd like to have both."

Sigmund takes out the gold coin he has as well as five copper coins and hands them to the smith.

"Certainly, sir," he says, rather happily removing the cleaver and butcher's knife from the white sheet, placing both tomahawks on it and wrapping the sheet around them in a neat parcel, then handing it to Sigmund and placing a new sheet on his table. Sigmund takes the parcel and bids the man farewell, heading back to the ship. The joy of new stuff, fortunately, distracts him from all the crossroads and he gets back to the ship safely. Hm, looks like all his buddies are still on deck. And being interrogated by robed people. Huh.

In the town hospital of Shriekpot...

Mark tries to somehow express his need for surgical implements to the custodian.

[Nonverbal communication roll: 6]

He drops the chart at his feet, then does an elaborate pantomime of a surgery, starting with a man feeling a pain in his head, then going on to convey that he seems to have brain worms of some kind. Further developments include him going to the hospital and being told that there is little hope, but that there is a surgeon who could help him, oh yes! But he, sadly, lacks the tools to perform the job when the man goes to visit him, and has already descended into alcoholism by the time. The man, having lost all hope, soon expires from brainwormitis. A sad tale, to be sure, but one that can reasonably be avoided! For you see, Mark could be that surgeon that, while brilliant in every way (not to mention handsome), lacks the tools to perform his job and thus experiences a general lack of utility. And the custodian can help him by directing in the right direction!

The custodian, having watched all that elaborate ballet, claps loudly.

"Bravo, sir. I will aid you in your noble quest!"

He fetches a nearby doctor who appears to be loafing about.

"Doctor Johnson, I need some surgical tools to give to this man!"

"What for?"

"He's apparently a surgeon himself."

"Sure, he can have some. There's a few in the west supply closet, you can take those."

"Tree-headed surgeon! Wait here, I'll be right back."

The custodian runs off, then comes back moments later, surgeon's bag in hand. He hands it to Mark.

"Here you go. Do some good with it!"

Oh, he will.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4976 on: May 30, 2013, 08:42:56 am »

Sigmund will go near his partners and ask the mage interrogating them:

-Is there any problem with these fellows?

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4977 on: May 30, 2013, 10:30:48 am »

"Mi'lady the theatrics are not necessary. I can say, without your crude machinations, that I have never seen this ship before in my life nor unlife. Also, I believe threatening a passenger is not good business sense."
Scott will discretely fondle his dagger in case the lieutenant has a screw loose.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 11:16:04 am by Innsmothe »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4978 on: May 30, 2013, 11:41:00 am »

Scott, rather appalled at this reprehensible treatment of perfectly good passengers, retorts rather quickly.

"Milady, the theatrics are not necessary. I can say, without your crude machinations, that I have never seen this ship before in my life nor unlife. Also, I believe threatening a passenger is not good business sense."

The lady nods, the adjutant once more whispering something at her.

"See, was it so hard to answer my question?"

However, before she can continue, Sigmund walks up to the developing scene and poses a new question.

"Is there any problem with these fellows?"

The lieutenant sizes him up for a moment, speaking after a good second or so.

"In a word, yes. But we're getting to that. Speaking of, have you been on this ship before? A simple question, I would think."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4979 on: May 30, 2013, 11:46:36 am »

Sigmund replied quickly:

-No, it's my first time in this fine vessel.
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 719