Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557337 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #4950 on: May 28, 2013, 09:28:10 am »

I can take it from here, butler man.

Drag clam into the kitchen and prepare to cook!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4951 on: May 28, 2013, 10:43:03 am »

Explore the ship.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4952 on: May 28, 2013, 11:37:25 am »

"What needs to be established?"
Continue to find anything of magical significance, a library or a laboratory.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4953 on: May 28, 2013, 01:29:36 pm »

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Sigmund, incapable of finding a weapon shop, looks for a kitchen store!

Fortunately, there is some form of blacksmith nearby. Looking at his offered goods, Sigmund notices a few reasonably nice kitchen knives on display, as well as several other kitchen implements for potential use. There's even some farming equipment around the place. A sign above his stand says "Gunther Gunnarson, All-Purpose Smith and Hawker".

Elsewhere, Mark attempts to interview a passerby on the location of a nearby surgeon. He finds a rather sick-looking individual and petitions him with an earnest message.

"WHERE SURGEON?" he scrawls on the ground, not wishing to waste any of the fellow's time. The passerby examines the scrawling for a moment, then answers.

"Personally, I think you might be a bit too far gone for a surgeon, buddy. But there certainly is one, just go down the street, take the first left, then head down the way until you reach this big building with a single tower that's got a tree sculpted on it - that's a hospital. There's probably a surgeon there. Happy trails!"

The man heads off, offering no further explanation.

Back on the Bargain of Ages...

Niklas, relieving Morton of the iron grip of the resolute duty thrust upon him, begins dragging the clam on his own toward the inner bits of the ship. He is followed by Kevin, who has gotten into an exploratory mood.

[Mage-Hand 1 magic roll: 2+1]
[Mage-Hand 2 magic roll: 5+1]

Two robed men who up until that point had been minding something on the deck, turn to them and, with a single, synchronous motion of their hands, cause Niklas to be slightly impeded in his progress inside and Kevin to be lifted right off his feet and several meters into the air.

"Listen to the lady! We run a tight ship here."

Scott, looking over at the troubling levitation of his favorite jester, supposes he can make with the establishing.

"What needs to be established?"

"Glad you asked! Firstly, who are you people? Secondly, what are you doing here? This is a rather sensitive piece of engineering, you see, not really the kind of thing you allow just any old stranger on. So I'm a bit curious on your business here, is all."

"It is one of the cooler ships in existence, after all. Kinda natural to be protective of it."

"Thank you. I am glad you understand. Now, judging by the state of your garb, I guess you're the retainer-mouthpiece for somebody more important. Is this correct?"

"What gave it away, the fact that he's got a sheet for a cloak?"

The woman gives Bernie a very stern glare.

"When I wish to hear your insights, I will ask for them. Now, mouthpiece, do your duty and speak. Who are you people and why are you here?"

She looks at Scott with a good dose of impatience in her eyes.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4954 on: May 28, 2013, 01:39:09 pm »

I cannot account for...him? (Quizzical emphasis) *points to Bernie* But I am a soul-bound slave to a man named the Artiste, I have given him funds to use this vessel to get to a destination. Now would you have a library or a laboratory? I need to either reverse a terribly botched polymorph spell *points to sheet* or create a new vessel for the soul.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: May 28, 2013, 01:40:24 pm »

Where is the kitchen?
Sig! Onol

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4956 on: May 28, 2013, 02:36:12 pm »

Sigmund goes inside and looks at the different knives there, lookin for those who could be used for combat. He will also check for sickles and scythes, ((because they are fucking cool, despite not being very practical)).

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: May 28, 2013, 06:19:13 pm »

head to the doctors and get some surgeons gear
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: May 28, 2013, 07:51:32 pm »

Morton looked to his compatriots, realizing that little of what they say really answer the poor mage's questions to what he believes to be proper satisfaction. "Er, excuse my compatriots, they're just hurried from the trials of the day. We've purchased room on this fine vessel for a voyage from the good captain, who was down by the gang plank. He went off to find his navigator in a hurry, so I don't believe he had time to tell his crew, terribly sorry for the confusion my good mage, we mean no harm." Morton explained to the mage.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4959 on: May 29, 2013, 01:45:27 am »

On the Bargain of Ages...

Scott tries to explain this whole deal in satisfactory terms.

"I cannot account for...him?" he says, pointing at Bernie uncertainly. "But I am a soul-bound slave to a man named the Artiste, I have given him funds to use this vessel to get to a destination. Now, would you have a library or a laboratory? I need to either reverse a terribly botched polymorph spell," he points at the sheet, "or create a new vessel for the soul.

As the woman listens, a rather small man in a gray robe next to her whispers something in her ear. She nods.

"Rather interesting. The Artiste, you say?"

"Where is the kitchen?"

"Quiet, you!"

"I'm-"

"You as well."

The Artiste shrugs and stays quiet.

Morton, seeing his companions be as useful and informative as usual, steps up to provide the customary exposition for this situation.

"Er, excuse my compatriots, they're just hurried from the trials of the day. We've purchased room on this fine vessel for a voyage from the good captain, who was down by the gang plank. He went off to find his navigator in a hurry, so I don't believe he had time to tell his crew, terribly sorry for the confusion, my good mage, we mean no harm."

The man once again whispers something in her ear, and the woman's eyes widen.

"Hm."

She turns to Morton.

"Now, you seem like a reasonable fellow. Have you been on this ship before? To be honest, this applies to all of you - have any of you been on the Bargain of Ages before?"

All mages of the group shake their heads. The gray-robed adjutant shakes his head as well, blinking slightly. He whispers something in the woman's ear, who nods.

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Sigmund, feeling that he desperately needs a weapon in these awfully violent times, goes up and browses the wares of Gunther Gunnarson, looking at the knives. There certainly are quite a few around there, many of them rather robust in make. There's even a few cleavers. And a whole rack of axes. No sickles or scythes, though. But there are a few heads for hoes and rakes that even come with their own nails for securing!

"How may I help you today, sir? I have a great many goods both here and deeper within my stores, you need but ask! Unlike other purveyors, I take my 'All-Purpose' title very seriously indeed."

Elsewhere, Mark tries to find the way to the hospital and succeeds most admirably! There it is, a building with a tree on its tower. Mark heads in through the door.

There looks to be quite a large variety of sick, injured and disturbed people around here. And some doctors and nurses, though most of them look terribly busy at the moment.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4960 on: May 29, 2013, 01:53:52 am »

Wait - there's no kitchen?!
Niklas looks distraught.
Sig! Onol

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4961 on: May 29, 2013, 02:29:02 am »

Scott will whisper conspiratorially into the Artistes ear.
"Something just struck me sir. I don't believe that these bunch are the original crew, they are far too questioning and that one about being 'on before' is a little odd. We should act very carefully from here on."
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 04:03:23 am by Innsmothe »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4962 on: May 29, 2013, 05:30:15 am »

Morton shook his head and shrugged. "I'm afraid I can't say I have, while my compatriots were busy pertaining to the purchase of a voyage on this ship, I was off elsewhere chasing other possibilities of conveyance in case this one didn't pan out, but seeing as it did I came back."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4963 on: May 29, 2013, 06:45:23 am »

On the Bargain of Ages...

Niklas is absolutely shocked by the very notion that there might not be a kitchen on the ship. What do you even do on a ship without a kitchen?

"Wait - there's no kitchen?!"

The woman on the ship has nothing to really say to him right now, being busy on other matters, but one of the mages, the one that spoke before, actually, takes the time to lay the horrid truth on him.

"No, there isn't a kitchen."

Niklas gasps at these terrible news. The mage laughs a little.

"There is a galley, though. Run by golems, it is. No people allowed inside. Top culinary secrets and whatnot. Also handy for allowing the captain to spike the crew's food without their knowledge. We're experimental that way."

"Mage-hand! Shut it this instant!"

"Alright, alright..." he says, rolling his eyes.

Scott, meanwhile, tries to be all conspiratorial just like that adjutant guy. He leans in and whispers secretively into the Artiste's ear.

"Something just struck me, sir. I don't believe that these bunch are the original crew, they are far too questioning, and that one about being 'on before' is a little odd. We should act very carefully from here on."

"Well, it's certainly possible. I suppose I will, then."

Meanwhile, Morton explains the facts of the matter to the woman.

"I'm afraid I can't say I have, while my compatriots were busy pertaining to the purchase of a voyage on this ship, I was off elsewhere chasing other possibilities of conveyance in case this one didn't pan out, but seeing as it did I came back."

After the adjutant whispers in her ear once more, the woman nods.

"Thank you for your answers. Now, you there! Mouthpiece!" the woman says, pointing at Scott. "Have you been on this ship before? Answer quickly and truthfully."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4964 on: May 29, 2013, 07:05:09 am »

Mark looks around for some paper and if he finds some writes
"Can I by some surgeon equipment its for a good cause"
then shows it to one of the nurses that dosen't look busy.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 719