Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557364 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #4905 on: May 25, 2013, 03:25:16 pm »

"Let's see. I can sort of ghost my way in, then look around."
Ghost on in.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 04:10:49 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4906 on: May 25, 2013, 03:51:42 pm »

Master, I beg a quick leave of absence.
Scott will then hugglecrush Sigmund, after asking who the owner is and what he looks like, and will then rush up to the mansion.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4907 on: May 25, 2013, 04:50:06 pm »

Sigmund replied to Scott:

-Well, he is an old person and wears fine clothing. His name is Irwin Gimble, and his butler's name was Thomas, I think. He is a really nice man once you get to know him.

Sigmund looks uncomfortable when Scott hugglecrushes him

After that incident, Sigmund spoke to Erin:

-Is your magic capable of repairing things? Because I broke my knife, and, well, after seeing what I could do with it, and don't want it to become useless...

[If she agrees, hand her the knife]

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4908 on: May 25, 2013, 05:02:26 pm »

"D-died of starvation? Good heavens, what happened? Did you not make it to port in time?" A confused Morton asked the ghostly captain, before then going on a tangent. "So what shall you do now, my good captain? The beasts are dead, your duty done, and you no longer have erroneous limbs. Adventurer out into the sea? Hang around town?"

[...I wanna recruit this captain and take him with us. He amuses me, and who knows, might help us out.]

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4909 on: May 25, 2013, 05:05:08 pm »

The butler is right. Why not come with us and become associates of the Best Chef?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4910 on: May 26, 2013, 02:44:37 am »

At the ruined square of Emlocke...

Darren has an idea. A helpful one, too!

"Let's see. I can sort of ghost my way in, then look around."

The whip man doesn't seem to mind, being busy placing his fingers on his temples and looking intently at the dog, and the dog nods along with what Darren says.

"Reasonably appropriate. Do it."

Darren, figuring he needs no other confirmation, ghosts on in, floating over the pit and to the front door of the house. Immediately he feels something try to worm its way into his mind, something almost unbearably strange. Huh.

At the Bargain of Ages...

Scott, upon hearing of the mansion man, feels rather joyful. He turns to the Artiste.

"Master, I beg a quick leave of absence."

"Oh, sure. Go right ahead."

Scott turns to Sigmund once more.

"Who is the owner, what does he look like?"

"Well, he is an old person and wears fine clothing. His name is Irwin Gimble, and his butler's name was Thomas, I think. He is a really nice man once you get to know him."

Scott nods, then grabs Sigmund, giving him a hug so thoroughly heartfelt, it borders on brutally violent. Then he leaves without a word, rushing over to the mansion. He reaches it within 20 minutes. It's still looking snazzy, he finds.

Back at the ship, Sigmund just looks uncomfortable. As do the others. Better quickly fix that. He strikes up a conversation with Erin.

"Is your magic capable of repairing things? Because I broke my knife, and, well, after seeing what I could do with it, and don't want it to become useless..."

"Oh, sure. Not a prob, buddy."

Sigmund hands Erin his broken knife, and she quickly examines it.

"Looks pretty sharp. Fragile, though."

[Erin magic roll: 1]

The knife glows for a moment, then suddenly seems to twist about, its broken tip wiggling about. Erin looks at it curiously for a moment.

Then the knife violently stabs itself through her hand, making a motion Sigmund wouldn't have thought possible with any normal knife!

"Oh, gods-dammit! That really, really hurts!"

The knife then pulls itself out of her hand, bends itself strangely, resting the tip on the ground, then springs away on its blade, leaving a trail of blood behind it.

"Well, that certainly just happened."

"How helpful of ya to notice!"

At the captain's quarters of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Morton is curious about the whole starvation business, and asks appropriate questions.

"D-died of starvation? Good heavens, what happened? Did you not make it to port in time?"

"YES! The cargo hold had ALL THE FOOD. WE were in the middle of a LONG VOYAGE ALONG THE SEA WHEN THE CLAMS ESCAPED! As I have ELABORATED, WE DID NOT KNOW they could MELT METAL. OUR NAVIGATOR, brave soul that HE UNDOUBTEDLY WAS, was the FIRST TO MAKE THIS DISCOVERY. Then he was PROMPTLY KILLED."

The captain shakes his head sadly.

"CUT DOWN IN HIS PRIME. One of many VICTIMS OF THE PRICELESS DELICACY TRADE. AND the only one who REALLY KNEW HOW TO USE ALL THOSE HANDY NAVIGATIONAL TOOLS as well. WE GOT LOST. THEN WE STARVED. Well, at LEAST we didn't TRY TO EAT EACH OTHER. Then for some reason ALL OF US BECAME GHOSTS, UNRESOLVED BUSINESS OR INCREDIBLE AGONY, or both would be my guesses. Some have WANED OVER TIME, like the CABIN BOY, particularly in the time WE'VE BEEN MOORED HERE, and I AM THE STRONGEST REMNANT. It took ABOUT TEN YEARS, but WE ALSO FOUND the ACTUAL COAST."

"So what shall you do now, my good captain? The beasts are dead, your duty done, and you no longer have erroneous limbs. Adventurer out into the sea? Hang around town?"

"I suppose I'll WANDER AROUND TOWN FOR A WHILE. LOAF around here at first. ENJOY THE SIGHTS AND WHATNOT. After that, WHO KNOWS?"

"The butler is right. Why not come with us and become associates of the Best Chef?"

"IT WOULDN'T BE RIGHT LEAVING THE SHIP. I've got LOTS OF FRIENDS HERE. They'd GET LONELY. And CRAZY. I can KEEP THEM IN LINE."

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4911 on: May 26, 2013, 03:09:26 am »

Scott shall knock at the door.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4912 on: May 26, 2013, 05:56:49 am »

"Well, why not bring them with us? We're still going to the same place, although our mode of transportation is instead a ship of the flying nature. Although I have to ask, where are they? I haven't seen anyone aboard this ship besides you, good captain." Morton asked as he glanced around, as if expecting to see a few pop up out of no where.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4913 on: May 26, 2013, 08:36:04 am »

Timothy sighed with exasperation and fired off a few blasts from his shoulder-mounted firework launchers.

>Try and figure out just what the voices REALLY meant- ask them nicely to repeat themselves and explain!
After all, they ain't going to get sacrifices of ANY description if I don't figure this out...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4914 on: May 26, 2013, 09:29:50 am »

(sorry for leaving for a bit but I had a venturer camp and didnt think to mention it)
Mark kicks the clam and gets his arm back before rejoining the others
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4915 on: May 26, 2013, 09:46:03 am »

((That knife suddenly became sentient or it just bended in an unnatural way?))
Sigmund, surprised to see his knife do that, told to Erin:

-Oh, dear, are you ok? I swear I didn't know it could hurt you. Can I help you with something?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4916 on: May 26, 2013, 10:56:19 am »

At a luxurious mansion in Shriekpot...

Scott, feeling sure of himself, knocks on the door. It is soon opened by the butler - Thomas, according to Sigmund.

"Ah. It is you. Wait here, the master will b-b-b-b-be here s-s-s-soon."

He goes back into the house. Scott hears a far-off click and several clacks. Ten seconds later, the man named Irwin Gimble appears in front of him, holding a box.

"Hello, Mr. Yaleson. I'm Irwin Gimble, and I've been expecting you. Truly sorry for all that ghost nonsense, I really am. Now, how would we go about smoothing this incident over, do you think?"

In the captain's quarters of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Morton, hearing the explanation of the crew's deaths, has a practical solution and a question.

"Well, why not bring them with us? We're still going to the same place, although our mode of transportation is instead a ship of the flying nature. Although I have to ask, where are they? I haven't seen anyone aboard this ship besides you, good captain."

Morton glances around the captain's quarters but alas, no crew members are forthcoming just yet.

"MOST OF THEM have become echoes. Like I said, I am the strongest REMNANT. THE OTHERS HAVE MOSTLY FADED AWAY. The FIRST MATE still LOAFS ABOUT HERE SOMEPLACE, but HE'S SNEAKY. DIFFICULT TO SEE. As for your OFFER, I'LL CONSIDER IT. Sounds FUN!"

In Undefined Space...

Timothy shoots his firework launchers into the surrounding whatever, cheering himself up a bit. However, he gets to business shortly, asking the voices as nicely as he can what they really meant.

"Voices, stops bein' so mystery-like and I helps ya!"

Spoken to plainly and without pretense of any kind, the voices seem rather surprised. They explains that he gotsta make a funny clown or near-substitute, then make him fall down some stairs or near-substitute. Then he hasta laugh for best effect. If he don't laugh, then that's no big deal anyway. But they be happiest if he laughs, too. Then they can laugh and hoot without feelin' too bad themselves. They be considerate like that.

In the cargo hold of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Mark, wishing to recover his arm, kicks the clam!

[Kicking roll: 4]

He takes a step back, then runs at the clam and kicks it about a meter away. This allows him to retrieve his arm rather easily. At this point, he runs over to the ship and takes up a position at the magical gathering there, somehow managing to successfully carry a halberd and his own severed arm in his only remaining hand.

Oh dear, looks like a commotion of some kind.

At the magical gathering at the Bargain of Ages...

Sigmund, rather unused to the vagaries of magic, says the first things that come to his mind.

"Oh, dear, are you okay? I swear, I didn't know it could hurt you. Can I help you with something?"

"Not really, magic can always hurt ya, also not really."

She lifts her hand up.

"Medic!"

Evelyn sighs and pulls out a few bandages from her satchel.

"How unfortunate."

[Evelyn medicine roll: 3]

She ties two bandages across the hand in a crosswise fashion. It seems to help the bleeding a little bit.

"That's not enough, Evelyn!"

Evelyn looks at the bloody bandages on Erin's hand critically, then speaks with a hint of boredom.

"I could certainly fix that better, yes. You could also have bled less. In that way, it is the fault of both of us."
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 10:58:35 am by Harry Baldman »

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4917 on: May 26, 2013, 11:10:55 am »

If it's necessary, Do you have any books on the fine points of making golems? Particularly organic brain cases. Or are you able to reverse botched polymorph spells? In either case I would like to apologise to your butler for attempting to murder him.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4918 on: May 26, 2013, 11:17:48 am »

Sigmund looks for more bandages to fix Erin

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4919 on: May 26, 2013, 03:14:38 pm »

"Very well then, thank you for all your help then good captain. I... I don't believe I caught your name, what was it? Mine would be Carter Morton, but most just call me Morton. Or Butler, in some cases." Morton shrugged. "Either way, I wish you calm seas and clear skies captain, and hope to see you again soon, I think we best be getting back to the ship. The offer still stands, if you can't catch us at the ship I believe our destination is Horizon Isles. Someplace about dreams, I believe."
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 719