Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556170 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #4665 on: May 14, 2013, 02:44:40 pm »

In the home of the Artiste...

Niklas tries to intimidate the bear with his sheer presence, loudness and superior armaments!

[Intimidation roll: 2+1]

"RRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH! SHUT UP AND SIT DOWN!"

The bear doesn't seem to be getting what Niklas is trying to say. After all, it is already on its back. Morton, seeing the potential for miscommunication, chimes in!

"Best do what the chef says if you know what's goo--why am I talking to a bear."

Unfortunately, he knows all too well why. All too well.

[Sigmund vs. Bear: 6+2 vs. 3]

As the bear tries to get up and away from these lunatics, its adventures are cut short by Sigmund, who, jumping over to it in a relatively sneaky fashion, severs its spine neatly right above the heart.

[Bear endurance roll: 6+1-2]

And yet it still lives. Quadriplegic, but alive.

[Kevin vs. Bear: 1 vs. 4-2]

And Kevin, striving to imitate Sigmund's stunt, leaps right over the bear and stabs the far wall with his bolt several times, dulling it significantly. He looks over at the completely unmoving and obviously quite harmless bear.

My, how embarrassing.

Meanwhile, Niklas has had enough, and walks up to the bear and goes about euthanizing it before these schmucks defile it any further with further shenanigans.

[Niklas vs. Bear: 1+2 vs. 3-2]

After attempting to euthanize the floor next to the bear for a moment, Niklas realizes that he probably should stop screwing around and just plants his knife in the bear-thing's eye, mercifully ending its prolonged existence.

After watching the strange spectacle, Scott is rather sickened, dismayed and bored at the same time. He turns to the Artiste.

"Can we, like, go? Please?"

The Artiste coughs awkwardly.

"Ahem. Right. Let's go. Morton, Kevin, take us to the makeover ship-and-captain. The rest of you, follow them. Especially Erin and Evelyn. The rest can wait here if they want to. Or come along if they want to see amazing magic and whatnot."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: May 14, 2013, 02:57:31 pm »

Niklas hands the cat to the Artiste.

Here, take this. I have to finish this.

Skin the bear, then follow them to the boat.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: May 14, 2013, 02:57:40 pm »

[Hahahaha, hilarious that.]

Morton tried to compose himself as he straitened and dusted his suit off quickly. "Of course sir, right at once." When the others are ready, he will lead them with Kevin to the galley.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: May 14, 2013, 04:57:32 pm »

Sigmund cleaned the blood of his knife with the fur of the deceased animal, and then walked to the rest of the group. He said in a confident tone:

-I think I could get used to this.

Then followed the rest to wherever they were going.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: May 14, 2013, 06:20:36 pm »

Mark high fived Niklas before he bent down to skin the bear then helped with the skining and also took a few bear limbs for transplants
[I'm a doctor and this is sort of what I do ;D]
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: May 15, 2013, 12:08:06 am »

Inside the home of the Artiste...

Niklas hands over his cat to the Artiste.

"Here, take this. I have to finish this."

"Ooh, a creature."

The Artiste starts to carefully examine the cat. As he does this, Niklas commences with the skinning of the bear.

[Skinning roll: 4]

As Mark, lacking any tools, silently cheers for Niklas, the chef removes the skin of the bear in a rather decent manner. At least there's something gained from all this.

"So then, let's go now."

"Of course sir, right at once," Morton says, straightening out and making himself decent once more. He then takes up a position at the door right next to Sigmund, who seems to be basking in the visceral joy of extreme murder.

"I think I could get used to this."

"That's good! You will presumably have to kill many more things before the day is done."

Sigmund nods and follows Morton and Kevin along with the rest of the group.

"So, I'm going to have to remake a ship?"

"Yep!"

"It should not be a problem with my help."

"Unless she cocks it up as badly as the guy in the bed."

"Well, maybe it'll go better this time. She remade the house rather nicely."

"Exactly. Now she's primed to cock something up really badly."

"I'd probably do better at this if wasn't for yer damn negativism!"

As the group leave for the ship, Mark tries to remove some of the bear's limbs. Without tools.

["Medicine" roll: 4+1-1]

He realizes that there's only two a few - one's a worthless lump of necrotic flesh, another is mutilated to the point of uselessness, leaving two. So he takes two of the bear's skinless hind legs, ripping them off with his metal hands. Sure, these will be difficult to reattach now, but what can you do. He looks over at his leaving compatriots.

The ship-group, under Morton and Kevin's guidance, reach the galley in about an hour.

"It's a rather... old-looking thing."

"Well, it is a ghost ship. Anyway, nothing I can't fix!"

"Unless you cock up badly."

"Unless I cock up badly!"

"A complex thing, this ship. Let us survey it first."

"Right! Morton, go ask the captain for a guided tour. It's needed."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: May 15, 2013, 12:17:44 am »

"As you wish, Master Artiste." Morton nodded as he made his way up the gangplank onto the ghost ship. "Excuse me, captain? I'm here to make good on the deal, we can change the ship's look, and yours too I believe. They request looking the ship over though, a guided tour if you will, so that they may better know how it functions and how to change it better to suit what you wish."

[Random question: Is Artiste still holding the cat?]
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 12:19:58 am by Xanmyral »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: May 15, 2013, 01:45:32 am »

Hey, could I have that cat now?

Take cat.
Wear bearskin as cloak.
Accompany them on tour.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: May 15, 2013, 02:29:48 am »

"but...The ship I picked was enchanted and had it's own crew. I thought the luxury would be perfect for ones such as you master. "

:c
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: May 15, 2013, 06:43:27 am »

Sigmund reacted quickly:

-An enchanted one? And I thought you were hallucinating when you spoke of flying ships. We definitely should go to see that later.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4675 on: May 15, 2013, 07:43:56 am »

At the old shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

"As you wish, Master Artiste," Morton says as he makes his way up the gangplank onto the shrieking ship of ghosts and whatnot. He walks a bit on the deck.

"Excuse me, captain? I'm here to make good on the deal, we can change the ship's look, and yours too I believe. They request looking the ship over though, a guided tour if you will, so that they may better know how it functions and how to change it better to suit what you wish."

"YOU ACTUALLY CAME BACK! THANK YOU! THANK YOU SO MUCH! YOU HAVE FREE REIGN OVER THE SHIP, DO WHAT YOU WILL! Just, for the love of the gods, MAKE IT DIFFERENT! It's been MADDENING it's the SAME DAMNED THING, DAY IN and DAY OUT! HERE, I'll guide you MYSELF!"

Suddenly, a solid black shape with glowing yellow eyes dives out of the bottom of the ship. It appears to be a tad asymmetrical, with three arms and two legs on the left side and five arms and only one leg on the right. In addition, it seems to have three heads.

"COME ABOARD! I'll show you EVERYTHING!"

Well, now Morton knows why the captain speaks so strangely - usually it's just the central head that speaks, but on occasion the other two chime in as well, screaming at the top of their ectoplasmic lungs as the captain speaks.

The call is not unheard by the people on the pier. Particularly Scott, who takes the time to propose the idea that his ship is totally better than this dinghy thing.

"But... the ship I picked was enchanted and had its own crew. I thought the luxury would be perfect for ones such as you, master."

"An enchanted one? And I thought you were hallucinating when you spoke of flying ships. We definitely should go to see that later."

"Actually, no time like the present. Tell you what - I, Art and Bernie will go with you to this enchanted ship. Couldn't hurt to take a look, no? It's not like we need to be here, since it'll all be redone shortly. You can take care of things, right, Erin?"

"Sure, no sweat."

"I will aid her, so you need not necessarily remain."

"Great! Be back soon."

"Sweet! Haven't seen one of those flying ships in more than fifteen years."

"Me neither! Awesome!"

"Take us to this ship, minion! Anyone else want to come along?"

As Erin and Evelyn head up to the ship to join Morton, Niklas asks the Artiste for his cat back. After all, he did obtain it for his own nefarious purposes.

"Hey, could I have that cat now?"

"Aw. I was beginning to like the little furball."

The Artiste reluctantly hands the unconscious cat back to Niklas, who joins in on the guided tour after tying his warm and extremely bloody bearskin around his neck, making a very disturbing-looking cloak (at least the inside part of it). The galley group head on a guided tour. Erin is a tad startled when she notices the captain.

"My. Y'must be a pretty ancient ghost."

"TWO HUNDRED SEVENTY-THREE YEARS and counting, thank you very much."

"That is a rather advanced age for a spectral being. No wonder there have been alterations. You have been largely isolated, I take it?"

"INDEED! The CREW used to talk to me, but THEY have gotten LAZY in the past CENTURY. FIGURE A VOYAGE SHOULD WAKE THEM UP."

"Ghost crew. Sweet!"

The captain's three heads nod, implying that it is indeed pretty sweet.

"NOW, this place is A BIT OF A MESS, to put it MILDLY. LET me SHOW you."

The captain takes the group to the captain's quarters, the door to which looks like it hasn't been opened in a long time.

[Captain telekinesis roll: 4+1]

The captain gestures with his eight arms, causing the door to tear itself out of the frame, yet remain on the hinges.

"LIKE I SAID, a BIT OF A MESS."

The group follows the captain inside. The room is rather disorderly, with the sordid remains of old, moldy books, furniture and bed-things strewn about. There is a picture frame on the wall, though whatever was in it seems to have been reduced to ribbons that now lie on the bed.

"Right, so THIS is WHERE I SLEPT WHEN I STILL NEEDED to sleep. WHEN I LOST that particular NEED, I PRACTICED MOVING THINGS HERE. After TWO HUNDRED OR SO years, I dare say I've GOTTEN PRETTY DAMN good at it."

"Ya did a pretty good job with the door from what I could see."

"THANK you. I try. SO, ON THAT picture frame used to be a MAP OF THE WORLD. NOW it's on the BED! I AM TOO LAZY to put it back together, even with the RELENTLESS BOREDOM AND UNENDING TERROR OF my existence."

"I think we've got the captain's quarters covered. What else?"

"There's THE LOWER DECKS, which contain the crew quarters on the mid-deck, and THE CARGO BAY ON THE LOWER DECK. I have not been to THE CARGO BAY ON THE LOWER DECK for longer than TEN SECONDS in two HUNDRED YEARS. THINGS LIVE THERE."

"That may be problematic."

"Oh yeah. What would these things be?"

"Why, the THINGS THAT LIVE BELOW. They are RESPONSIBLE FOR MY CURRENT CONDITION. THEY KILLED ME AND MY CREW! Their sheer terror is SUCH THAT I HAVE NOT DARED TO TRY AND FIGHT THEM. So I live up here instead."

"Well, anybody want to go down there and check if anything's still there?"

"DOUBTLESSLY THEY STILL LIVE. I hear them move when they THINK I AM NOT LISTENING!"

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4676 on: May 15, 2013, 08:16:15 am »

Sigmund follows Scott and the rest to the enchanted-flying-magical-ship

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: May 15, 2013, 09:04:20 am »

((Goddamn, a hard choice. I'm totally up for a ghost ship, tough. The floating ship smells too much like dead adventurers and a slight railroad. The ghost ship has dead monsters, but probably contains loot. Also, the ghost captain is awesome.))
Kevin notices that Sigmund tries to sneak out, and while he wants to do the same, the smell (if he had a nose) of adventure kept him here. He decided that if the smell wouldn't keep Sigmund here to help out with the monster problem, he would. So he catches Sigmund before he can sneak away and brings him back to the deck.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4678 on: May 15, 2013, 09:32:56 am »

((Goddamn, a hard choice. I'm totally up for a ghost ship, tough. The floating ship smells too much like dead adventurers and a slight railroad. The ghost ship has dead monsters, but probably contains loot. Also, the ghost captain is awesome.))
Kevin notices that Sigmund tries to sneak out, and while he wants to do the same, the smell (if he had a nose) of adventure kept him here. He decided that if the smell wouldn't keep Sigmund here to help out with the monster problem, he would. So he catches Sigmund before he can sneak away and brings him back to the deck.

He isn't trying to sneak out, strictly speaking. He simply didn't go on the ship with Morton, the two mages and Niklas (plus any other ship-tourers, such as Kevin).

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4679 on: May 15, 2013, 09:43:54 am »

[If Kevin tries to make Sigmund stay in the ghost ship]
Sigmund will explain Kevin that he will come back, but he has to go with the Artiste to see if he could find a better ship that this.
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 719