Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556188 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #4650 on: May 14, 2013, 06:53:38 am »

Sigmund's plan was failing, terribly, but maybe there was a way to escape with the book. Maybe he could use his knowledge of was really happened tthat night:

-I have to say that it is a bit weird for a mage to come and throw a stone at the window. And even weirder to kick open a door afterwards.

Sigmund then throws a glance at the guard, and continues:

-I just didn't know that booksellers competed in such a way.

He then sighed:

-Well, as I'm in a hurry, I will pay for it, take the coins.

Sigmund then leaves for the Artiste's house

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: May 14, 2013, 07:58:56 am »

In the kitchen of the Artiste...

Niklas notices the bear trying to escape and tries to give chase, as does Morton!

"You know it's very rude to leave a man's house without trying his cooking first. Luckily I keep some samples handy."

However, before he can properly begin chasing like a true hunter, Scott steps in front of him after waving the bear goodbye!

[Impedance: Scott vs. Niklas: 3 vs. 3]

Niklas stops momentarily in front of Scott, then steps slowly around him and continues on his way!

[Bear escape roll: 1-1]
[Morton pursuit roll: 5-1]
[Niklas pursuit roll: 5-2]

Both of the enthusiastic servants reach the bear, who seems to be currently confounded by the closed door, in no time, Morton priming for another swing with his poker!

[Morton vs. Rude Man-Bear: 1+1 vs. 6+2-1-1]

The bear, cornered by the butler, opts to counterattack before anything it finds unpleasant happens!

[Counterattack: Rude Man-Bear vs. Morton: 6+1-1 vs. 6-1]

Morton is lightly scratched as he dodges back from the bear's frenzied bite! Right on time to dodge Niklas as well, for that matter, who appears to be attempting to utilize halitosis as a weapon. As in, he breathes on the bear.

[Bear will roll: 5]

It seems to have eaten worse, to be honest.

[Bear homewrecking roll: 5]

It forces the kitchen door open and tries to make a run for it, making it to the edge of the Mark-pit, which Mark himself seems to be standing right next to at the moment, presumably wondering what in gods' names is going on here.

In Brenwicke's Books...

Sigmund, since his haggling has backfired, brings up the suspicious occurrences of the night for no particular reason.

"I have to say that it is a bit weird for a mage to come and throw a stone at the window. And even weirder to kick open a door afterwards. I just didn't know that booksellers competed in such a way."

"The reason you don't know that is that they usually don't, and Wallyn is no exception. And yes, he could have indeed burned this place down easily instead, were he a complete maniac with no respect for human decency. You know, someone like my positively enchanting guards here."

"Hey! One of us died today!"

"Due to an ill-advised extortion plan presumably devised by himself."

"Well, that is true."

"Fortunately, as there's one fewer of you, I won't even need to dock you any of your pay to afford to replace the window."

Rather than listen to this enchanting dialogue, Sigmund tries to get out of here as quickly as possible.

"Well, as I'm in a hurry, I will pay for it, take the coins."

He hands over sixty-five copper coins and goes back to the Artiste's house. When he gets there, he notices several things.

Firstly, Mark's back.

Secondly, there is a bear currently escaping in his approximate direction.

Thirdly, the Artiste seems rather amused by this.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: May 14, 2013, 08:33:10 am »

Sigmund felt strange, for some odd reason he wasn't shocled to see this. He asked:

-Do you need some help with this?

He then realized that there was not time to talk, just to act:

-Don't answer, I'll see what I can do.

Sigmund takes out his knife and jumps the bear form the side and stabs it. Preferably in a vital organ.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: May 14, 2013, 08:40:10 am »

Mark upon seeing the bear and the fun times that it meant 
 promised to high five the chief later
before using his fists of steel to beat the bear to death
[also why is everyone having -1 to rolls?]
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: May 14, 2013, 09:41:22 am »

Try and lock up some of the joints in her armor with telekinesis.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4655 on: May 14, 2013, 09:42:05 am »

Kevin finally noticed that something he could participate in was happening and that the others were already happily participating, so he decides an arrow and stabs the bear with it, realizing that his crossbow isn't going to be much good at this range.

((I love how all of us are dogpiling a bear.))
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 11:21:25 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: May 14, 2013, 10:06:25 am »

Niklas, not really seeing the sport in it but still wanting his beast thing for his plan, stabs the bear with his knives. 
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4657 on: May 14, 2013, 12:25:49 pm »

Scott will mend the door,.

Hopefully bear,no, servant proofing it.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: May 14, 2013, 01:04:27 pm »

"Right, well then, third time's the charm then I guess." Morton, instead of opting to take another swing at the bear, instead goes to try and shove it into the hole what with it being near the edge. From behind, if possible.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: May 14, 2013, 01:07:31 pm »

In the home of the Artiste...

Sigmund, noticing the bear running right for him, instinctively takes out his knife and goes for the vitals, attempting to flank the beast!

[Flanking roll: 1]

Sadly, his knowledge of flanking is somewhat insufficient to properly attempt this, so he just swings the knife sideways and hopes for the best.

[Sigmund vs. Bear: 4+2 vs. 1+1]

His knife strikes true, slicing one of the bear's non-necrotic paws right off! The bear is now effectively two-legged!

[Bear endurance roll: 3+1]

Seeing an opportunity, which is to say a wounded, mostly defenseless non-combative opponent, Mark goes for the kill, as the bear doesn't seem willing to die just yet.

[Mark vs. Bear: 5+1 vs. 6]

The bear jumps back from the crazy tree-thing, unwilling to put up with any of its crap. It is at this point that Kevin, wielding a bolt in his hand, jumps from the shadows and attempts to stab the bear!

[Kevin vs. Bear: 5 vs. 6]

It is an attack as ineffective as it is silly, the bear rolling away from Kevin's stab and leaving only the metal floor where it once was. Kevin, seeing this development, shrugs in apathy. He just wanted to be one of the group, you know. He insignificantly steps aside as Niklas silently leaps past him, primed to finish this silly encounter.

[Niklas vs. Bear: 1+2 vs. 5]

The bear, however, trips him up in a devious fashion before he can execute his murder-plan! Niklas careens past the bear, bumping rather unpleasantly into a concrete wall. This creature, it is tricky beyond what its appearance would suggest. As he flies past the bear, Morton finally gets to the bear and, in an unusual maneuver, tries to throw it into the pit. The bear being on its back, it's impossible to attack it from behind in this situation.

[Grapple: Morton vs. Bear: 2+1 vs. 5]

Damn thing's too heavy, though. They don't make bears as light as they used to, obviously.

Scott, wanting no part in this horrid awfulness, tries to do something more constructive instead. Like fix the door, for instance.

[Door repair roll: 5]

He quickly sets the door in place, then, after fetching some available tools, fixes the door! He considers how best to servant-proof this door. Those buggers, while none too sharp, can usually be trusted to open a door. Usually.

In the streets of Emlocke...

Darren, observing the combat happening near him, tries to utilize telekinesis to immobilize the armored lady.

[Telekinesis roll: 3]

Sadly, he is rather inexperienced at this kind of thing. However, he does slow her down a bit! Right on time for that Colin fellow to throw another jar!

[Whip Man water use roll: 2+1]

He tosses a single jar at the woman, this time a bit too lazy to break it mid-air.

[Armored Lady dodge roll: 3-1]

It smacks into her right across the chest, the jar breaking and spilling its contents over the front of her armor!

[Armored Lady endurance roll: 4+1]

This, however, doesn't seem to bother her much, though it does look like it's slowly, but surely eating through the armor. The man takes a few steps back from the woman.

[Master magic roll: 3+1]

The dog barks at the woman, producing a sizable sonic boom.

[Armored Lady dodge roll: 2-1]

The lady fails to dodge this as well, unsurprisingly enough! It's a pretty weak bark compared to what she's withstood, but still.

[Armored Lady endurance roll: 4+1+1]

And it doesn't seem to have even slowed her down much. She swings her hammer once again!

[Armored Lady vs. Whip Man: 4+3 vs. 6+2]

As she does this, the man steps back, dodging easily and retrieving something from his pocket as the hammer sails past him.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: May 14, 2013, 01:12:24 pm »

RRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH

SHUT UP AND SIT DOWN

Intimidate the bear into settling down.
Euthanize it afterward.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: May 14, 2013, 01:32:47 pm »

Morton attempts to aid Niklas in his intimidating act by shaking his fire poker at the beast. "Best do what the chef says if you know what's goo--Why am I talking to a bear."
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 01:42:58 pm by Xanmyral »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4662 on: May 14, 2013, 01:35:46 pm »

((Simply hilarious, I love this game!))

As the other distracted the bear, Sigmund jumped and stabbed it in the spine.

((I sliced a paw from it with a single strike, these knives are really awesome))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: May 14, 2013, 02:04:23 pm »

Kevin jumps on the back of the bear and keeps stabbing!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: May 14, 2013, 02:22:47 pm »

Scott will go to the artiste and ask if he wants to now board the ship.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 719