Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557062 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter Two: Books, Baubles and Boyfriends!
« Reply #465 on: November 07, 2012, 10:56:19 am »

Continue attacking, try to position the men between me and the woman.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 07, 2012, 10:58:04 am »

Persuade the beaver-goat thing to join me! If accepted, head off. If not, kill the thing and then head off.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 07, 2012, 10:58:52 am »

Samuel will wave away any fears, and attempt to mimic writing on paper; - And then hold his hands out expectantly.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 07, 2012, 11:09:23 am »

Grab the shelf of books and run!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 07, 2012, 01:29:47 pm »

Inside the Library...

Jordan feels a sense of urgency all of a sudden! He needs those books! It is his duty to obtain them! He heads to the anatomy shelf, following the directions given, and attempts to steal the entire shelf of books!

[Inventory management roll: 3]

He sticks the books into each and every fold of his mad scientist outfit! They're holding in there, but anything hits you and they're falling right out. Well, that and you have to carry about five in your single hand, disallowing chopping of any sort while you do so!

Inside the Magical Zoology Department...

James is going to try something that's never worked before! He's going to negotiate with an animal!

[James persuasion roll: 4-2]

James exalts himself in a short speech and provides valid reasons for joining him against the zoologists! The beavergoat bleats at this! Damn, James can't counter that! Physical violence time!

[James vs. Beavergoat: 4+1 vs. 2+1]

James slices the beavergoat sufficiently for it to retreat to a safe distance!

[Chimp idea roll: 5]

The chimp, tired of all the cheerleading, joins the fray!

[Chimp vs. Beavergoat: 4+3 vs. 4+1-1]

The beavergoat gets sliced in the back six times, bleating and advancing towards James once more!

[Beavergoat vs. James: 2+1 vs. 5+1]

James, however, fends it off with his halberd and counterattacks!

[Counter attack: James vs. Beavergoat: 5+1 vs. 6+1]

The beavergoat catches James' halberd in its teeth, but lets go soon after!

In a village of some kind...

Samuel doesn't want the villagers to get the wrong idea about him! He attempts to convey his need for written communication!

[Nonverbal communication roll: 5]

The villagers immediately understand and provide him with a piece of parchment and a quill! They seem curious about what he might write! It's not every day that a skeleton wizard comes to your village, after all!

Next to some awfully violent individuals...

Leon attempts to roll to a better place to attack from!

[Rolling roll: 4]

He succeeds at positioning himself so that the woman couldn't hit him without shooting through her friends first! He tries to stab his enemies once more!

[Leon vs. Man 1: 4+1 vs. 2+1]
[Leon vs. Man 2: 4+1 vs. 5+1]

He manages to stab the so far uninjured man in the arm! The other one, however, just smacks Leon's foot to the ground with his axe!

[Man 1 vs. Leon: 1 vs. 5]
[Man 2 vs. Leon: 6+1 vs. 4]

The distraction of having a halberd go through his arm makes one man drop his axe! He clutches his arm in pain! The other one keeps trying to harm Leon, but his axe proves insufficient!

[Counter attack: Leon vs. Man 1: 6+1 vs. 2+1]

Leon stabs the disarmed man through the chest with his feet, using his arms to propel himself in the air in a sort of halberd-dropkick!

[Man 1 endurance roll: 3]

The man seems to have mostly lost his ability to fight! He's not dead yet, though!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 07, 2012, 01:39:10 pm »

kill beavergoat.
Get out and head to library.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 03:15:13 pm by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 07, 2012, 01:43:21 pm »

Continue attacking the man still fighting, land another blow on the man who's down if I get a chance, keep them between me and the woman.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 07, 2012, 02:49:37 pm »

Samuel will write:

"Thank you, good citizens. My name is Samueli Archmanius. I was once a noble wizard, but was turned into an undead abomination by a skeletal Drake. I've been searching these lands for the Drake's resting tomb for centuries, hoping to gain a shred of mortality back. Do you, any of you, know of some sort of dungeon, evil cave or interesting spot in the area? I would greatly appreciate being shown to it, and will gladly accept any volunteers who wish to explore it; - It may be fraught with dangers, but there will be plenty of gold, gems, enchanted artifacts and powerful magic for the taking. All of which will be evenly split, between any, and all, who adventure in there with me.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 07, 2012, 03:14:12 pm »

Attempt to make my way back to Bernie's Lair! For now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 07, 2012, 03:50:14 pm »

Inside the Magical Zoology Department...

James, slightly delirious from all that blood loss, decides to do unto others as has been done upon him!

[Beavergoating: James vs. Beavergoat: 4+1 vs. 3+1-1-1]

He beavergoats the beavergoat! He beavergoats it mightily indeed! He beavergoats it for about ten minutes until the beavergoat dies from extreme pain and blood loss!

[Chimp morale roll: 2]

The chimp, unable to stand the sight of all this... this beavergoating, chooses to run away before the visage shatters whatever apes have that fills in for sanity!

[Zoologist morale roll: 3]

The zoologists merely look on in horror as James completes his dark task! Satisfied at his evil works, James proceeds outside and is accosted by no one, possibly due to fear of further beavergoating of any sort happening!

[Search roll: 6]

James, misshapen teeth bared in a smile most fearsome, finds the library with ease and heads inside!

In a village somewhere...

Samuel attempts to write out what he wishes in an elaborate document mostly consisting of filthy lies and fabrications!

[Literary eloquence roll: 3]

I am a wizard. You must follow me. I am looking for an undead dragon (possibly alive). Do you know of any undead dragons in the area? Do you know of any monster-infested caves or unlooted tombs nearby? If so, point them out to me. I will carefully search them and confiscate things that are too expensive. If you follow me, it is entirely possible and perhaps even likely that you will die extremely horribly. However, you might get a coin or two out of it.

[Villager reaction roll: 5-1]

The villagers seem to love the idea of a coin or two in return for possibly dying horribly! Five somewhat able-looking ones agree to follow Samuel!

[Villager local lore roll: 4]

A wizened old man steps out from the crowd and speaks with a voice that reminds Samuel of dusty furniture!

"There be the tomb of the ancient king, whoever that bastard was. I heard there was some kinda hellmouth in there or somethin'. Nobody's bothered to check in 50-odd years, I reckon. It's to the east, see, and there be nothin' but trouble down there."

In the middle of a battle...

Leon, happy about halberd-dropkicking someone into submission, tries to stab the other one as well!

[Leon vs. Man 2: 2+1 vs. 2+1]

He halfheartedly kicks at the man, but nothing much comes of it as the man blocks equally halfheartedly with his axe!

[Man 2 vs. Leon: 5+1 vs. 3]

He finally manages to get a good hit in and make a pretty deep gash in Leon's torso!

"Uh, guys? Need help?"

She receives no answer!

[Woman quick thinking roll: 2]

Ah, what's the worst that could happen? She fires an arrow into the melee!

[50/50 - Leon/Man 2: Man 2]

[Woman vs. Man 2: 3+1 vs. 4+1-1-1]

The man's forehead is grazed by the speeding arrow!

[Man will roll: 6]

He furiously charges toward Leon!

[Man 2 vs. Leon: 5+1 vs. 2]

He nearly lops off Leon's halberd-arm at the shoulder with a fierce axe chop! What's this shell made of, lead?

Inside the Library...

Jordan attempts to leave the Library!

[Interruption roll: 1]

He steps out whistling when a trunkless, tuskless elephant tries to charge him in a most ungentlemanly manner!

[Jordan agility roll: 1-1]

He hardly notices as the elephant approaches!

[Elephant vs. Jordan: 2+3 vs. 4-1]

The elephant doesn't trample over him, but merely clips him with its foot! It sends Jordan flying to the side, books spilling out from every pocket!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 03:53:53 pm by Harry Baldman »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 07, 2012, 03:56:58 pm »

Okay. Try to tame the elephant for now. Maybe he can be my mighty steed!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 07, 2012, 03:58:45 pm »

Read books. Starting with theatre magical dictionary of some kind, then on to books on soul binding, followed by books on magical healing if there are any.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 04:00:45 pm by TopHat »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 07, 2012, 03:59:57 pm »

Keep attacking him.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 07, 2012, 04:12:34 pm »

Outside the Library...

James passes by the rampaging elephant and attempts to plunder the book-place of its mind-vittles!

[Search roll: 5]

He finds various tomes on theater, on magic and on linguistics! Also, he finds an informative text on magical healing and necromancy!

[Intelligence roll: 2+1]

He begins reading the books, but can't seem to make a whole lot of progress. Must be all that blood that's missing from his body.

Meanwhile, the suddenly bookless Jordan tries a tactic totally alien to himself - a peace offering! It's just crazy and unexpected enough to work!

[Peace talks roll: 3-2]

"I say, would you-"

The elephant charges!

[Elephant vs. Jordan: 4+3 vs. 4-1]

The elephant uses its foot to kick Jordan away!

[Jordan flight roll: 2]

Jordan flies straight up and lands on the roof of the Library!

[Library roof integrity roll: 5]

The roof, however, does not collapse! How surprising!

Near a very angry axe murderer...

Leon tries to go for an original plan of attack!

[Leon vs. Man 2: 4+1 vs. 3+1]

He grazes the man once more! The man attempts to retaliate!

[Man 2 vs. Leon: 2+1 vs. 2]

He hits Leon, but all those grazes must be slowly taking their toll, as he can hardly be bothered to put a halfway decent amount of force in the swing!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 07, 2012, 04:22:48 pm »

Hack and slash the man to death then charge the woman.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 719