Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556151 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #4620 on: May 12, 2013, 03:18:11 am »

[Hmmm, I honestly do not know how to act at this point in time]

Scott grabs the bone vial and pulls it out, he then tries to siphon the god's residual energy to control the parasitic cells in his body to close the wound...for vanities sake.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 04:37:09 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4621 on: May 12, 2013, 04:21:10 am »

[Hmmm, I honestly do not know how to act at this point in time]

Scott grabs the bone vial and pulls it out, he then tries to siphon the god's energy to control the parasitic cells in his body to close the wound...for vanities sake.
((THERE IS NO WAY THIS COULD GO WRONG.))
Kevin listens to the dicussion attentively, silently cursing his lack of vocal cords, a tongue, a throat and a mouth.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: May 12, 2013, 04:37:40 am »

[Reworded it so it doesn't sound like I am attempting to steal fire from Olympus...]
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: May 12, 2013, 09:55:10 am »

Sigmund then remembered something about a book about the Realm of Dreams. He quickly told the Artiste:

-I think I have means to get information about how to reach the Realm of Dreams. I found a book about that, but, as I didn't know what it was I ignored it. I'd better go to look for that.

[If the Artiste says he need more information about that, Sigmund will go back to the bookshop]

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: May 12, 2013, 10:44:10 am »

In a temple of Narcillicus...

Scott, clearly having gotten the message here, says nothing. Rather, he pulls out the bone vial and quickly tries to pull Velusius' magic out of the propelled vial and use it to fix his grievous injuries!

After gesticulating wildly with the vial for a few moments, Scott comes to several conclusions. Firstly, magic, even divine magic, might not work that way. Secondly, this is Velusius' magic he is trying to mess with, and that particular form of magic isn't known for its healing nature. Thirdly, he doesn't really know what he's doing and may, in fact, be completely batshit insane. Fourthly, if you consider the first three conclusions, it is perhaps best that this did not work in any fashion.

On the top floor of the home of the Artiste...

Kevin considers his lack of speech organs of any kind as he listens to the magical discussions that fill the air.

He decides that this lack of appropriate equipment is, for lack of a better term, a bummer. A major bummer. Oh well. Better keep listening. Oh, look, Sigmund's talking to the boss.

"I think I have means to get information about how to reach the Realm of Dreams. I found a book about that, but, as I didn't know what it was I ignored it. I'd better go to look for that."

"Yes, go right ahead."

He then runs off to parts unknown.

Well, not really. He just goes to the bookshop again. It is still full of books.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4625 on: May 12, 2013, 11:05:58 am »

Sigmund looks for the book about how to reach the Realm of Dreams, then, if there is no shopkeeper, he just picks it and goes back to the Artiste.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: May 12, 2013, 01:46:54 pm »

Scott will frustratedly try to heal himself using half remembered knowledge from his former husbands former study.

Upon completion, he will leave the temple, too worried about the motivations of the god he is praying too.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 01:58:07 pm by Innsmothe »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: May 12, 2013, 02:27:17 pm »

In Brenwicke's Books...

Sigmund quickly runs to the section on the Sea of Death and picks up the book on the Realm of Dreams, then looks for the shopkeeper.

Oh, look, he's just coming in right now! Ah, looks like he's a bit surprised by the broken door and window.

In the temple of Narcillicus...

Scott tries to somehow heal himself!

[Medicine roll: 4-1]

Well, he can sort of push the hole in his throat until it closes. He can sort-of speak then, though it's not at all like his previous voice. Well, it's kinda like his previous voice, only set on fire, its ashes swept into a bag, then poured back where his voice used to be.

Oh well. Better leave. Narcillicus probably doesn't like loiterers. Scott walks out of the temple, thinking about Velusius and what his problem might be.

It seems pretty weird, this whole god thing. Why didn't the gods want to help him much? Only Velusius actually signed up or anything, the others just sort-of rebuked him when he tried to ask them for favors. He's heard of divine disciples and stuff, but this wasn't really what he imagined serving a god would be like.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: May 12, 2013, 02:29:16 pm »

Well, good enough.

Take them both back to the house - the kitchen specifically - and knock them both out.
If they aren't already, that is.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: May 12, 2013, 03:07:39 pm »

Sigmund resorted to act as if nothing had happened:

-Oh, here you are. I've been looking for you. How much is this book?

[If the shopkeeper asks what happened:]

-Didn't your workers told you? Some bastard came here at night and throwed a rock at the window and procedeed to break stuff in here. I was just passing along and I found him doing what I said, so I chased him, but I lost him in an alley. Then I came back here looking for someone to explain what happened and found your workers investigating, so I explained them what I have already told you. I also described how was that man and they said that it must had been another bookeper, Walley I think it was. They went there to reach a payment agreement.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4630 on: May 12, 2013, 05:12:24 pm »

Scott, feeling guilty for not only failing his husband and also assaulting his current master, shall travel back and apologise.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: May 12, 2013, 05:59:03 pm »

"O-oh dear. Well then, what, erm, would you say that we'll get through it fine? If I heard right, mages are powerful yes, so surely there isn't anything to worry about, right?" Morton tried to keep his hopes up as he continued to sip his own tea. He'll also look around to see if anyone has run low on tea by now.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4632 on: May 12, 2013, 10:20:27 pm »

Mark looking for a temple in town he wants to pray to the gods that have helped him before
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4633 on: May 13, 2013, 12:59:16 am »

In the woods outside the Artiste's house...

Niklas picks up the unconscious cat and leads the man back to the house, stopping at the kitchen. Okay, time to knock this fellow out.

[Nonlethal Subdual: Niklas vs. Man: 1 vs. 4+2-1]

Niklas clonks the man on the head! The hairy individual looks slightly confused, then roars!

[Man vs. Niklas: 3+1 vs. 2]

He swipes a mighty claw over Niklas' naked chest, leaving a rather deep gash in it!

In Brenwicke's Books...

Sigmund calmly walks up to the bookseller.

"Oh, here you are. I've been looking for you. How much is this book?"

The shopkeeper looks at Sigmund incredulously.

"What are you doing here? What's happened?"

"Didn't your workers told you? Some bastard came here at night and threw a rock at the window and proceeded to break stuff in here. I was just passing along and I found him doing what I said, so I chased him, but I lost him in an alley. Then I came back here looking for someone to explain what happened and found your workers investigating, so I explained them what I have already told you. I also described how was that man and they said that it must had been another bookseller, Walley I think it was. They went there to reach a payment agreement."

"Damn it all, did they leave the store unguarded in that time? Hang on, have to check the inventory right quick. Give me the book for now."

The shopkeeper outstretches his hand, looking at Sigmund expectantly.

In a temple of Narcillicus...

Scott quickly walks back to the Artiste's house and approaches his master.

"I would like you to know that I am very sorry."

"That's nice! What for?"

There is a roar from the kitchen.

"Hm, that's odd."

On the top floor of the Artiste's home...

Morton is starting to have certain reservations about this whole mission. Better try to keep one's optimism up.

"O-oh dear. Well then, what, erm, would you say that we'll get through it fine? If I heard right, mages are powerful, yes, so surely there isn't anything to worry about, right?"

"Well, ya know, it really depends on the monsters we meet, the quality of the ship and the prevailing winds, among other things. If some sort of God of the Deep comes out and tries to eat us, our trip will be very perilous. But if it's just ravenous seasquirrels, it's less of a bother."

Hearing these rather troubling news, Morton looks and asks if anyone needs more tea. Looks Erin, the Artiste and the other woman have finished theirs, while the two guys aren't even nearly through with their glasses.

Outside the Artiste's house...

Mark, having finally been admitted to the house, shows restraint by running right out and back to the town, looking for a temple!

Fortunately, there is a prominent one right over there. Large, made of stone and covered in ornate reliefs, looks like a prestigious place, he'd say.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: May 13, 2013, 01:25:42 am »

go inside and pray to the gods
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 719