Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556349 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #4515 on: May 06, 2013, 05:20:54 pm »

Morton nodded along with Artiste's explanation of what he was. "Well... If we don't have a name for what you are, what would be your name for what you are?" Its not every day you get to meet someone who's... Whatever Artiste is. Hurrah for second chances in life, you see new stuff every day!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: May 06, 2013, 05:59:11 pm »

((shit))
Sigmund will try to leave the scene without being noticed. If it fails, he will resort to bluffing:

-The one you are looking for went in that direction [point away from the crime scene]. He is a short-haired tall guy. I can't recall the colout of his hair, as it was too dark, and ran when he saw me. I followed him some blocks, but I lost him when he entered an alley. Nevertheless, I feel more comfortable now that this vandalism act is being investigated by someone competent.

((I know beforehand how this will fail))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: May 06, 2013, 06:12:11 pm »

Niklas exits the kitchen momentarily.

Soup? Food? (addressed to the Artiste/Morton, assuming they're by the kitchen.)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: May 06, 2013, 08:09:25 pm »

get out of the sea then go find a bar and wash my tree head in beer letting the mushrooms die
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 09:02:47 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: May 06, 2013, 08:43:06 pm »

"Boo!"
Howl and teleport all around her. Be super duper spooky.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: May 07, 2013, 07:58:44 am »

At Shriekpot's temple...

Scott carefully walks into the temple, glad at not bursting into flames or something. He takes a look through the temple. Looks like a temple of Narcillicus, the Most Fetching of the Five, patron of beauty, art, elaborate crafts and all that is fragile.

Probably not really the best place for one such as him. Though there might be some artisan here to help him with something. Probably no virologists or microbiologists, though. That would be more Pacitarius' or Rysinia's domain. The temple itself looks pretty empty at present, and the main hall seems to be full of dropped food and spilled drink that nobody seems to have bothered to clean up just yet. No priests in sight at the present time.

On the top floor of the Artiste's house...

Morton nods along sagely with the Artiste's long explanation. However, a point to all this must be reached invariably.

"Well... If we don't have a name for what you are, what would be your name for what you are?"

"A visionary. Or an entrepreneur. Or a sneaky, ambitious being. Officially, though, I used to deal with a bit of logistics, strictly hands-off business. A junior logistics officer, if you will. Though I'm not one anymore. It's a bit complicated. You see..."

"Soup? Food?" comes a yell from down below.

"I could go for some food, actually. Hunger certainly is a strange urge."

The Artiste, lured by the chef's call, goes past Morton and heads over to Niklas, who seems to be offering delicious vittles.

"Ah, chef-person... what was your name again? Anyway, do you have any semi-palatable, yet somewhat quaint cuisine to dispense?"

Next to Brenwicke's Books...

Sigmund, noticing the searching individuals, tries to disappear before things reach werewolf levels of hairiness.

"Hey! You there! Did you see any rock-throwing vandals about?" one of the men yells to him. Shit. Well, better act fast. Sigmund quickly points away from the scene.

"The one you are looking for went in that direction [point away from the crime scene]. He is a short-haired tall guy. I can't recall the color of his hair, as it was too dark, and he ran when he saw me. I followed him some blocks, but I lost him when he entered an alley. Nevertheless, I feel more comfortable now that this vandalism act is being investigated by someone competent."

"An alley, you say? It could only have been the Alley of Muffled Screams! It was probably Wallyn the Bookseller, that back-alley trash!"

"Even mentioning his name curdles my blood, yet makes it boil at the same time!"

"Shall we go rough him up and extract payment for the window?"

"And the door as well!"

"But that's not harmed."

One of the guards kicks the door open.

"Now it is!"

"And since Brenwicke's probably going to give us a bonus for this anyway, what say you we save the old fellow any worries and extract that from Wallyn as well?"

"Excellent idea! Let's be off."

The two loud men and their silent partner run off into the direction of the center of the town, discussing their plans to spend the bonus they'll presently obtain.

At the harbor of Shriekpot...

Mark quickly gets out of the water, then looks for a pub to visit.

Well, there certainly aren't any nearby. There is, however, some sort of storefront with a beaker proudly displayed atop a sign.

[Fungus endurance roll: 1-1]
[Tree endurance roll: 5]

And the last bits of mushroom fall off Mark's body. How fortunate for him indeed.

In the streets of Emlocke...

Seeing the female knight, Darren lets go of all inhibitions, all things holding him behind. He begins to howl and teleport around.

[Spooky Howling roll: 1]
[Specter Teleportation roll: 3]

He teleports slightly closer to the female knight, clears his throat and lets out a mighty howl! This lasts all of one second, at which point he lapses into a mighty coughing fit instead. The knight looks a bit unsettled by this.

"What is this trickery, you fiend? Do you wish to make me show mercy to you? I warn you, that is quite an unlikely prospe-"

[Man water use roll: 3+1]
[Armored Lady dodge roll: 5]

She sidesteps a jar of water flying past her.

"Ah, a vile distraction, I see! Well, it shall avail you-"

[Master magic roll: 6+1]

Suddenly, the dog opens its mouth as if in the middle of a sped up yawn, and the air around its maw ripples explosively toward the woman as all sound in the area is canceled out by a boom of incredible power that sweeps the woman off her feet.

[Armored Lady endurance roll: 4+1-1]
[Darren endurance roll: 1]
[Whip Man endurance roll: 6+1]

The man covers his ears with a bored expression on his face as the woman flies off into a nearby stone wall, dropping to the ground immediately. It's a bit stranger for Darren than for the rest - he sees the woman fly into the wall, then hit the ground, and he also sees the dog seemingly comment on the situation. However, he can't hear a thing. It feels very strange. And the ground feels somehow... unsteady. Shifting beneath him.

[Will roll: 6]

He remains floating confusedly in the air, not truly comprehending the situation.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 09:04:27 am by Harry Baldman »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: May 07, 2013, 08:43:23 am »

Morton nodded, then sighed as Artiste left. Probably the best explanation he could get out of him. Morton then moves to talk to one of the awake mages, unless Kevin makes a gesture to him that he wishes to do something else than stand around and chat, in which case he'll follow Kevin.

If (Kevin does not want to do something else...)
"Good morrow mage, I hope you slept well. I figured I should make acquaintances, so introductions are in order I suppose. I am Carter Morton, most just call me Morton however. Your name would be...? Also, would you care for some tea? I'm thinking about brewing some up soon."

If (Kevin does want to do something else...)
Morton made his way to Kevin, adjusting the straps on his backpack again. "Right, were to grand jester, back to town or perhaps somewhere else? I think they'll be fine here for now, so we should have a bit of time before we need to return to show them the galley."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: May 07, 2013, 09:00:40 am »

[thank you RNG]
go find the town well and wash myself down
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: May 07, 2013, 10:00:52 am »

((Well, that went better than what I had expexted, but I wish I could have helped to beat down that poor fellow and get a part of the loot. Anyway, it's too late to look for him))

Sigmund will enter the bookstore and see the kind of books that are there.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: May 07, 2013, 10:05:00 am »

Make a reverse sandwich.* Hand to Artiste.

Spoiler: Reverse Sandwich (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4525 on: May 07, 2013, 10:58:39 am »

Thinking of temples. Scott will wander around for a temple or shrine to a deity related to either disease or death.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: May 07, 2013, 11:32:01 am »

"Well... This is... This is kind of wierd... Never been deaf before... Hey! Dog Master? What's up?"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: May 07, 2013, 11:34:55 am »

((More Artiste backstory? I'm totally up for this.))
Kevin, wanting to get introduced too and figuring that this "Artiste" would probably soon return, ready for the trip, taps Morton on the shoulder then points to himself and moves his lower-jaw-bone up and down.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: May 07, 2013, 11:53:02 am »

On the top floor of the Artiste's house...

Morton, figuring it best not to pester a hungry master, leaves him to his own devices downstairs and goes over to the awake Erin.

"Good morrow mage, I hope you slept well. I figured I should make acquaintances, so introductions are in order I suppose. I am Carter Morton, most just call me Morton however. Your name would be...? Also, would you care for some tea? I'm thinking about brewing some up soon."

"I'm Erin. Pleased to be formally introduced to ya, Morton. And tea would be pretty great, yeah."

He knew it. None can resist a good spot of tea. He'll... wait, why is Kevin tapping him on the shoulder? And jabbering strangely.

"Ooh, looks like he wants something. He... wait, what's his name? Do you know?"

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Mark looks for some kind of well to dip his head into. After all, this is a town of some kind. There's gotta be a water source around. Fortunately, there does seem to be one! Mark gets to washing himself down.

[Washing roll: 6]

He tries to pull up the well mechanism, but then figures that it's just too slow. Time is something he simply does not have! And so he dives down the well headfirst, landing in deep water!

Good news - he's free of salt now! Bad news - he is now stuck upside-down in a well.

At Brenwicke's Books...

Momentarily free from guards by virtue of their need for brutal extortion of presumably innocent men, Sigmund goes into the bookstore and takes a look at the merchandise available.

It appears that the sign outside was no lie - there are books here on all sorts of mundane and supernatural matters - good ones, too. There's lots of variety in here - books on the region itself, books about other places, supernatural creature descriptions (there's even a few books on vampires), books on many matters of magic and more. Not bad.

In the kitchen of the Artiste...

Beckoned by the Artiste, who has little clue on what he has unleashed, Niklas gets to performing culinary magic!

[Culinary Dark Arts roll: 4+1]

He grabs the soup-encrusted lung of the horse, slices it neatly in half, then fetches a stick of butter and a reasonably well-preserved loaf of bread from the smashed multitude of food on the floor. He then weaves his metaphorical magic, making sure to bless this reverse sandwich he's making with a good dose of very nasty-sounding foreign words, and soon afterwards a reverse sandwich - a perversion of nature that includes a slice of bread covered with buttered, soupy horse lung from two sides. Placing it on a handy porcelain plate, he takes it and hands it to the Artiste.

"Ah! Strange cuisine. Very nice."

He takes the reverse sandwich and takes several bites out of it enthusiastically.

"Say, this is rather good despite being made out of raw animal parts. My compliments! This soupy sauce you have in it really adds to the taste."

Soon enough he's finished with the sandwich, looking rather satisfied at the end of it.

"Yeah. Good stuff. You should take that on the road, good fellow," he says, wiping the odd bits of bloody horse lung off his mouth.

In a temple of Narcillicus...

Scott, feeling that perhaps the God of Beauty isn't the god he needs right now, looks for an altar of a deity of disease and death.

Fortunately, there looks to be something of that sort in one of the side chambers - it looks to be feature bones prominently in its decor, not to mention a fair amount of blades and hammers sitting right next to it. It features a large horned skull as its centerpiece, a thing that seems to stare at one even as one stares at it.

In the streets of Emlocke...

Darren considers his new condition for a moment. He speaks, but it feels so strange to not hear his own voice. Like he's not speaking at all. The dog turns to Darren and says something.

[Whip Man water use roll: 6+1]

The man rushes forward toward the woman, hurling three jars up in the air and smashing them with his blade arm, covering the woman in burning water!

[Armored Lady endurance roll: 4+1-1]

It hits her head-on, covering her from head to toe, but she doesn't seem to be particularly bothered by it.

[Master magic roll: 2+1]

The dog barks, but it doesn't look like it has that much of an effect this time. Meanwhile, the lady has kneeled down, Darren can see, and has put her hands together.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: May 07, 2013, 12:08:19 pm »

((There must be some sort of trope that fits the Whip Man.))
Kevin patiently waits for Morton to introduce him.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 719