Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556709 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #4320 on: April 26, 2013, 07:14:30 am »

((Harry, did you forgot that there was one mage looking for that stone?))

Have you ever tried to find something in an elderly person's home?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: April 26, 2013, 07:35:40 am »

((I know, but in the post you said that all the mages were gathered here, so, the mage that was looking for it is back, but he didn't tell us anything. On the other hand, considering that they are old people, he probably forgot about that))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: April 26, 2013, 07:54:53 am »

Scott shall gloriously find a spring or stream to wash his now cuddlified husband in.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 08:21:30 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4323 on: April 26, 2013, 08:15:57 am »

((Totally offtopic and not related to anything the characters are doing, but anybody wants to make a chart showing how the characters paths divide and intersect? Kind of like xkcd: Movie Narrative Charts. For hilarity.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: April 26, 2013, 09:26:42 am »

((I've toyed with the idea of making a map of the LBADiverse, but that may end up hard with all the teleporting.))

Kevin hears commotion on the deck and runs back to the deck, only to see a man climbing out of a hatch. He just lets Morton take the word, as usual.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4325 on: April 26, 2013, 11:58:26 am »

Morton does a bit of a double take when seeing the small man. "Oh dear, if I had known that was blocking your ascent I would of helped assuredly! It must of been terrible trapped down there." He hurried explained as he wished he could of helped, then continued, "But yes, information would be most wonderful to me and my companion. See, we're in the employ of our Master, who wishes to charter a ship to what I would assume to be a far away location. Now, sadly, he has yet to inform me of his heading so I'm afraid I don't know to tell you, but a general price range would be most appreciated! That is, if this wonderfully quaint ship is up to taking passengers on voyages." Morton replied cheerfully.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: April 26, 2013, 03:12:43 pm »

At the home of the Eight Old People...

Sigmund brings up some thoughts on what one could tell a pet to do.

"If the construct that you are going to make can only have a single instinct, can said instinct be to kill whatever Niklas orders it to kill?"

"It would have to be able to process said orders first, and that's quite the tall order."

"Though we could try to use illusions to... augment its perceptions."

Just then, the door to the house bursts open. The eighth mage steps out and hands Sigmund a small chest.

"Levitation stone's in there. Be careful with it."

In the home of the Artiste...

Scott heads out of the home that is no longer his and looks for some kind of river or creek to wash Gary in. Fortunately, there is a not-unclean creek nearby. He gets to washing Gary!

[Laundering roll: 3]

Unfortunately, it looks like he's going to need soap for this. Gary's totally filthy.

On the deck of a ship of some kind...

Morton looks somewhat incredulously at the short man at first, but manages to take control of the situation quickly.

"Oh dear, if I had known that was blocking your ascent I would have helped assuredly! It must of been terrible trapped down there."

"Uh, yeah. I'm sure you sympathize."

"But yes, information would be most wonderful to me and my companion. See, we're in the employ of our Master, who wishes to charter a ship to what I would assume to be a far away location. Now, sadly, he has yet to inform me of his heading so I'm afraid I don't know to tell you, but a general price range would be most appreciated! That is, if this wonderfully quaint ship is up to taking passengers on voyages."

"It isn't as far as I know. You'd have to ask the captain. He's around somewhere, I think. Saw him last... what was it? Two weeks ago, I think?"

Meanwhile, Kevin sneaks back up, hearing the commotion, and observes the proceedings.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4327 on: April 26, 2013, 03:19:28 pm »

At the sight of the levitation stone, Sigmund smiled and asked if he could see it without problem. He then asked about the way it works.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4328 on: April 26, 2013, 03:29:48 pm »

"You haven't seen your captain in two weeks? Is that usual? I'd appreciate it most greatly if you could give me your captain's name, or perhaps what he looks like so I could perhaps track them down for a price barter."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4329 on: April 27, 2013, 01:37:03 am »

Sigmund looks at the offering of the box, and he can't help but feel satisfied.

"Can I see it without suffering dire consequences of the fatal variety?"

"Probably, I believe it's a bit determined to escape at the moment. You'd certainly have to be careful with it. It's been stewing in its own magicality for years."

There is a faint thump from the inside of the box.

"How does it work?"

"Through an application of willpower - the stones are faintly telepathic, I think. That's why you really shouldn't keep them unused for long - allows it to collect its power and with that, its wits as well. And you do not want a sentient anti-gravity artifact around your house for long."

He looks at Sigmund gravely for a moment. Then he smiles earnestly, pressing the box in Sigmund's hands.

"But you have fun with that!"

On the deck of a ship of some sort...

Morton, seeing how the man's story raises more questions than it answers, attempts to be as the humble sleuth, divulging the tiny man's innermost secrets.

"You haven't seen your captain in two weeks? Is that usual? I'd appreciate it most greatly if you could give me your captain's name, or perhaps what he looks like so I could perhaps track them down for a price barter."

"I'd rather not speak of it at this point, to be honest. Right now, I must find the old fellow myself. Hm... this looks to be Shriekpot, I think. Oh well, cheerio!"

He is about to run, but stops midway through.

"By the way, you smell like a beggar who tried to swim the Sea of Death. You might want to fix that."

He then makes a quick run for it, slipping off the ship in no more than three seconds and escaping in the direction of the town.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 01:39:26 am by Harry Baldman »

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4330 on: April 27, 2013, 02:16:34 am »

Head back into the port to see if they have professional laundering facilities.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 06:49:41 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4331 on: April 27, 2013, 02:20:47 am »

Could you tell the wolf to just protect me?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4332 on: April 27, 2013, 09:37:54 am »

At the home of the Artiste...

Scott heads back to his horse and rides to town, searching for someplace to launder Gary!

Surprisingly enough, there does seem to be some kind of laundering facility, or at least that's what Scott guesses the point of this large pond painstakingly dug around a small channel might be. There's even a box labeled "Communal Soap - DO NOT STEAL" lying next to it. And not only are the bars of soap inside not stolen, they appear to be completely untouched! There's more soap than one could ever hope for within!

Niklas interviews the old mages some more.

"Could you tell the wolf to just protect me?"

"It would hardly be useful, as it would be difficult to tell it what to protect you from, exactly. It doesn't gauge threats, so to speak, and it can't properly reason. So you never know what conclusions it might come to. Could be dangerous, to tell the truth. Maybe it'll grab you in its teeth and run from everything, maybe it will just bite anyone who talks to you."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4333 on: April 27, 2013, 10:48:21 am »

Morton gave the strange man a look as he ran off, before sniffing his arm. He supposes he does probably smell rather terrible. He shrugged, looking at Kevin. "So then, grand Jester, where to next? Another ship, or perhaps follow that strange fellow to see if we can find his captain? Something else?" Morton accented 'another ship' with one finger raised, 'follow' with two, and 'something else' with three fingers.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4334 on: April 27, 2013, 11:27:45 am »

Kevin, shrugging, raises three fingers and points in the general direction of their house.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 719