Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556743 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #4305 on: April 25, 2013, 02:09:38 pm »

Rubun, come back!

Run after Rubun. Dissuade giant beasts from following via barking.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: April 25, 2013, 02:42:03 pm »

Scott shall try to find his new master and complain acidly about the decor.
He will then offer up the written assurance for travel.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: April 25, 2013, 03:23:35 pm »

At the home of the Eight Old People...

Sigmund tries to imagine some conceivable scenario where Niklas might get out of here with Rubun. Ah, perhaps this will work.

"I see. Maybe we can take him away, this werewolf has proved to obey my friend Niklas, but it seems that your pets don't allow him to take him away. Would you mind ordering your pets to stop attacking it so that Niklas can take the werewolf away?"

"We really do not want to, truth be told. After all, it did try to kill us and led you here after it failed the first time. I count that as quite the mark of shiftiness and general awfulness. Really, better off eradicating the thing at this point."

"Though we could probably make them a different pet to make it up, you know. One that's less treacherous, more loyal and such."

"That we could, yes. Also, I'm afraid commanding the beasts is not as easy as one might think. They were created and given animation with their minds firmly locked onto a single objective - the killing of that werewolf thing. Morphing magic is sadly limited on bestowing intellectual gifts, I'm afraid. They wouldn't listen to our orders. In fact, they are incapable of processing most things that don't conform to the 'this we must kill' idea implanted into their general mental makeup."

As Sigmund hears this, he watches Niklas run after the escaping Rubun and the silver bunny.

"So, this werewolf attacked you. When we found him roaming in the city he seemed friendly, well, as friendly as a werewolf can appear to be. Is there any problem if we try to keep him as a pet? I'm not very fond of this bastard, but my friend is, and I would rather not disappoint him, as he has been really excited about his new pet."

"Firstly, it might not actually be a werewolf, but rather just maintaining some sort of elaborate illusion of being one. It might just be a fey or some other kind of strange being."

"Secondly, it, being man-like in many respects from what we've seen, is probably intelligent in addition to being quite savage. So there's that."

"Thirdly, it is quite possible it tricked you into coming here for some reason. Maybe it thought numbers would help it somehow."

As they discuss the magical fey werewolf illusionist thing, Niklas trails it!

[Niklas pursuit roll: 3-1]

He simply cannot move fast enough to catch up to the two beasts running ahead, so he just shuffles forth, barking menacingly at the violence ahead of him. He sees the bunny descend upon Rubun, its head seemingly phasing through the creature's fur and biting off something deeper within. Moments later, the head pulls back - or is it Rubun that moves forward? The bunny's mouth appears to be full of flesh and bones, yet Rubun looks apparently unharmed. However, it is apparent that a whole lot of blood is pooling under the dog, and it looks quite a bit weaker now, though still with some fight left in it.

On the deck of a small merchant ship...

Morton is about to say more, but Kevin stops him, taking one for the team this time and volunteering as the point man for a ship expedition. Morton offers him the fire poker, an elegant weapon from a civilized age, fit for any battling gentleman, but Kevin politely refuses, heading below decks and looking for somebody in charge.

He looks and he looks, but he cannot for the unlife of him find anyone at all down there. The ship looks to be quite inhabited, but it's like the people within have disappeared somewhere or something.

In the new home of the Artiste...

Scott looks for the Artiste in the house, thinking of a good way to phrase his complaint. He finds him on the third floor, lying on a bed in an alcove with his eyes closed.

"The decor in here is terrible, man! What have you done to my beautiful house? It's all lifeless stone now! Where's the warm, inviting wooden paneling? The moldy wallpaper giving off a cozy feel? And where did you put Gary's portrait? Where did you put my portrait? Gosh!"

The Artiste doesn't seem to be listening, really. He turns around on the bed, taking a more comfortable position. Looks like he's fast asleep.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: April 25, 2013, 03:39:54 pm »

Scott physically sinks slightly, and delivers in a flat monotone;
"Oh yay. Sir, there is a ship in the harbor that is willing to carry us. They have given a written guarantee for our privacy. They ask we leave within a week."

[Harry, you are awesome.]
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 04:17:38 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: April 25, 2013, 03:40:15 pm »

Those animals will die if you fellows die, correct?
Sig! Onol

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: April 25, 2013, 03:56:24 pm »

Sigmund felt the need to infrom his friend about the deceiving pet. He thanked the old mages and went to tell Niklas the truth:

Niklas! Wait! There is something important about this, emm, dog of yours. It is, in fact, a mage who tricked us to come here to fight those inoffensive mages. If you pay attention, you will notice that, despite being bleeding, it doesn't show any wounds. It is because it is a human! The mages said that it attacked them previously, and that's why they made these metal constructs in first place. I'm afraid that you will have to let hem kill Rubus. But, don't worry! They said that maybe they can make you a new pet if you want, a deadly metal one! If you feel like, you can ask these good people for a new vicious pet.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: April 25, 2013, 04:00:37 pm »

Niklas' face fell.
A trick?! How cruel this thing must be! But did you say I can get a metal animal if I let the big ones kill Rubun? He thinks for 2 seconds. Sure. Make it a steel wolf! He jumps up and down in glee.
Sig! Onol

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: April 25, 2013, 04:13:18 pm »

With an air of success, Sigmund said to Niklas:

I knew that you were going to be happy about this, come with me to talk to the mages.

He walked to the old mages and said:

I have good news, he agrees in letting that bastard die. On the other side, he would like a new pet, a steel wolf exactly. We don't want to be rude, but he is very exited about the offer.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: April 25, 2013, 08:49:18 pm »

Throw something rather far away. Perhaps a rock, or a rock like object.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: April 26, 2013, 12:01:45 am »

Morton continues to wait for Kevin, but finding everything go silent for a while becomes too nervous to just stand around, and walks towards the way down into the ship. "Hello? Anyone down there? I'd still appreciate some information, it would be most pertinent to me and my master." He tried to pass it off as if he was still waiting for whoever either is still, or used to be down there to say something instead of checking on Kevin.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: April 26, 2013, 12:59:50 am »

In the home of the Artiste...

Scott sees that his complaints have fallen on deaf ears, and the indignation in his voice fades, replaced by a flat monotone.

"Oh yay. Sir, there is a ship in the harbor that is willing to carry us. They have given a written guarantee for our privacy. They ask we leave within a week."

The Artiste stirs a bit.

"Mhm... yes..."

He then turns his back to Scott, wrapping himself up in his blanket more tightly.

Niklas goes on back to the eight old people.

"Those animals will die if you fellows die, correct?"

"Actually-"

However, before the mages can explain, Sigmund interjects once gain.

"Niklas! Wait! There is something important about this, emm, dog of yours. It is, in fact, a mage who tricked us to come here to fight those inoffensive mages. If you pay attention, you will notice that, despite being bleeding, it doesn't show any wounds. It is because it is a human! The mages said that it attacked them previously, and that's why they made these metal constructs in first place. I'm afraid that you will have to let hem kill Rubus. But, don't worry! They said that maybe they can make you a new pet if you want, a deadly metal one! If you feel like, you can ask these good people for a new vicious pet."

Niklas doesn't look terribly happy about the news.

"A trick?! How cruel this thing must be! But did you say I can get a metal animal if I let the big ones kill Rubun?"

He thinks for 2 seconds, his face twisting into a gleeful expression.

"Sure. Make it a steel wolf!" he happily exclaims, jumping up and down.

"I knew that you were going to be happy about this."

Sigmund turns back to the old mages and informs them of the agreement.

"I have good news, he agrees in letting that bastard die. On the other side, he would like a new pet, a steel wolf exactly. We don't want to be rude, but he is very exited about the offer."

"Sure, but you should know that it will be pretty difficult to make it like an actual wolf. It will be guided by a single instinct and all, you know, and it will be only good at a single task. Usually it's murder, but we can try for something else if you want."

Back in Emlocke...

Darren tries to hurl something in a distracting fashion. Fortunately, there's a stick of some kind.

[Telekinesis roll: 6]

He picks it up, then makes it fly off into the distance very quickly, making a sonic boom as it breaks the sound barrier. The stick, interestingly enough, endures such velocities and disappears into the distance. Darren looks down to see if that distracted the man.

It did! Well, in a manner of speaking. Now he's looking up and trying to climb toward Darren! However, the smooth wall seems to be impeding him somewhat.

At a ship of some sort...

Morton, feeling a tad exposed at the moment, looks around, then tries to reaffirm the existence of the man that spoke to him.

"Hello? Anyone down there? I'd still appreciate some information, it would be most pertinent to me and my master."

Just then, a barrel jumps up and rolls away from a certain spot on the deck! Beneath it, a small, very inconspicuous hatch has opened. Out of it steps a very, very short man with a long beard.

"Phew, thought I'd never get out of there. So, whaddaya want? Information, was it?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: April 26, 2013, 01:04:02 am »

Hmm ... do you know anything about the Artiste?
Sig! Onol

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: April 26, 2013, 02:04:24 am »

"Pffffft, Mortals"
Scott will leave the note in an obvious and visable place and will go and wash Gary.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: April 26, 2013, 06:14:27 am »

Since the mages are all gathered here, Niklas asks them if they know stuff about things some more.

"Hmm ... do you know anything about the Artiste?"

"Nope, can't say I have. What kind of artiste are you talking about?"

"Some kind of avant-garde type or something?"

In the home of the Artiste...

Scott, derisively considering the blissful sleep of the mages, leaves his promissory note on the Artiste's nightstand and looks for a good place to wash Gary.

Unfortunately, there seem to be no washbasins in ready availability. Bummer.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: April 26, 2013, 06:55:01 am »

((Harry, did you forgot that there was one mage looking for that stone?))

Sigmund thought about the best order his friend's future pet will be given. He asked to the mages:

If the construct that you are going to make can only have a single instinct, can said instinct be to kill whaterver Niklas orders it to kill?
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 719