Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556765 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #4260 on: April 23, 2013, 11:36:52 am »

Kevin remembers one of the few advantages of being a skeleton: your finger-bones can be used to pry stuff open. So he tries to pry the nails off the crate and take what's inside, be it a solid gold helmet or a dusty rag.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4261 on: April 23, 2013, 11:42:54 am »

Scott will saunter up to this magnificent ship and look for someone with an air of authority. He will then demand a price, or rent, for the ship.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4262 on: April 23, 2013, 12:16:48 pm »

Since the tree-headed skeleton, this had been the wierdest thing Sigmund had seen. But this time it inspired his curiosity. On the other hand, the giant dog could be an imposing threat should it be agressive.

Sigumnd tries to stay hidden and watch how the bunny and the dog play.

((Now I'll try to post actions in bold to make them easier to read))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: April 23, 2013, 12:19:34 pm »

Mages.

Walk forward, greet the old people. Ask what they're doing.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4264 on: April 23, 2013, 02:05:46 pm »

At the docks of Shriekpot...

Kevin tries to utilize the skeleton's main weapon against the cold, hostile world - adaptable finger bones! He sets about prying the nails right out of the box.

[Prying roll: 4]

Remarkably enough, he does rather well at this, prying the lid open eventually like some kind of infernal undead claw hammer. Tossing the lid aside, he looks within.

Huh. It appears to contain a crossbow, though it is certainly more newfangled than any other one Kevin has ever laid eyes upon. For one, it actually has some sort of looking-glass style sight at the top of it. And the mechanism for launching the bolt looks rather machined and... improved, one might say. It might not be a repeating crossbow, but it is an impressive contraption, that's for sure. Kevin grabs it and a quiver of 50 bolts that is also in the crate along with it.

Scott walks toward the gleaming metal ship and looks for somebody with an air of authority. And there is indeed a person standing next to the steel gangplank of the ship dressed in the garb of a dignified captain and looking off at the horizon, all the while stroking his luxurious black beard. A pipe in the shape of an octopus hangs loosely from his mouth, and the man inhales from it intermittently, blowing a satisfied puff of smoke from his nostrils immediately afterwards. Scott walks up to the man.

"I find this ship to be most exquisite, and I simply must know how much you demand for it."

The captain laughs heartily, but in a generally good-natured manner.

"I'm afraid it's not for sale, good fellow. Tell you what, though, if you want to ride it, you can come along as passengers. We'll take you anywhere at 30 copper coins per head, 15 if you suggest an interesting, adventure-filled destination. How's that sound?"

Next to a strange house with old people...

Sigmund opts to stay back from the strange area. Niklas, however, sees no such need. He walks right past the dog and bunny, greeting the old people.

"Greetings."

The old people turn to him, looking rather surprised at his appearance. One of the old men looks at him with a shocked expression.

"Gods, man, you're bloody naked!"

"That he is, indeed!"

"What are you doing?"

"Not a whole lot, why do you ask?"

"We had a spot of trouble, but that seems to have resolved itself quickly enough," says an old man the size of a three-story building in a booming voice.

"We were having a party before that," an old woman adds.

Sigmund watches the happenings with a good dose of amazement. The dog and the bunny aren't playing, really. They are just standing around and looking in all kinds of directions. Sigmund also notices that Rubun appears to be agitated most severely, growling at the old people over by the house, his hackles straightening out. This sound is not ignored by the two giant creatures, who immediately charge at the dog, getting into quite the scuffle! Sigmund takes a few steps back to avoid any misunderstandings with the two giant metal things.

Niklas looks back and notices that Rubun seems to be doing okay against them, avoiding their metal teeth rather skillfully.

"Oh dear, what's that?"

"Is that thing back again? Bloody thing's rather tenacious, I must say. Not to mention stubborn."
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 02:29:52 pm by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4265 on: April 23, 2013, 02:11:21 pm »

I've just adopted him. What was he doing?
On another note, would you mind if I killed that rabbit of yours to cook a meal? It looks nice and plump.
Sig! Onol

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4266 on: April 23, 2013, 02:14:57 pm »

((You wanna cook a METAL rabbit?))

If it is morning, go to the ship where the captain was having fun, if not, keep watching, like the bastard I am Sigmund is.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4267 on: April 23, 2013, 02:24:57 pm »

[I think he can do it, he's sufficiently viking enough.]

The voice took Morton off guard. "Oh, ah, pardon me but I don't believe I can see you good sir or madam." He takes a better look at the deck of the ship, trying to see if he can spot where the voice is coming from. Giving a slight cough to compose himself, he speaks up again. "Yes, well, thank you for the greetings, a good day to you as well. I was wondering if this ship was possibly up for a voyage with a few passengers? Oh..." Carter pauses for a moment, mentally tallying up everyone. "...Ah, about, hm... Eleven or so people? Around there. I was sent by my master to seek a ship to voyage to... to... Ah by all that is tea, he didn't tell me where he wanted to go." Morton sighed. "Apologies for the interruption, but could I get a general price range if you're accepting passengers? I'm afraid I know not where we're to head, but I believe it must be a good distances if we're not simply walking, or going by horse."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4268 on: April 23, 2013, 02:28:06 pm »

((Also, damn Scott and his luck, it's just too much, even for a 6, to have such luck))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4269 on: April 23, 2013, 02:52:36 pm »

Niklas, rather than do anything rash, asks the mages some questions.

"I've just adopted him. What was he doing?"

"Near as we can tell, the thing is some kind of bloody magic werewolf."

"Came to us as a weird, hairy, mangy man and tried to bite our faces off, but we fended him off and hit him with some magic."

"Was pretty weird, though - we hit him with magic, but it just didn't seem to work right on occasion. Not like a werewolf at all."

"Used illusions against us as well - made some kind of gimped abomination out of the blue to scare us off, but it was pretty easy to see through."

"Not for all of us, though."

"Yes, not for you."

"Way to get him with magic is to not target him directly, we've found. For instance, make minions to kill him."

"Or stab and kick him, forgoing magic at all. A pretty funny weakness, that. I kicked him in the face and broke his bloody jaw. Best I've felt since retirement."

"Wait, what did he call himself? 'I'm a bloody fey', I think he said."

"But then he turned into a giant dog all of a sudden. That's a strange thing for a fey to do, I think. Don't they usually frolic in the woods or something?"

"Though that, in retrospect, might also have been an illusion."

"On another note, would you mind if I killed that rabbit of yours to cook a meal? It looks nice and plump."

"We'd really rather you didn't."

"It's made entirely of silver, after all. Would be a bit difficult to cut."

Sigmund, meanwhile, watches the dog and bunny free-for-all, since the night is still young and he's got nothing better to do. Rubun's doing pretty good - hasn't taken a scratch yet!

On the deck of a strange ship...

Morton takes a careful look around to see where the voice is coming from.

"Oh, ah, pardon me, but I don't believe I can see you, good sir or madam."

~Actually, you are not supposed to see me. I am conversing with you on a purely telepathic basis on my part.~

"Yes, well, thank you for the greetings, a good day to you as well. I was wondering if this ship was possibly up for a voyage with a few passengers? Oh..." Carter pauses for a moment, mentally tallying up everyone. "...Ah, about, hm... Eleven or so people? Around there. I was sent by my master to seek a ship to voyage to... to... Ah, by all that is tea, he didn't tell me where he wanted to go. Apologies for the interruption, but could I get a general price range if you're accepting passengers? I'm afraid I know not where we're to head, but I believe it must be a good distances if we're not simply walking, or going by horse."

~I can take passengers to a variety of destinations, and I have adequate supplies and lodgings for up to 20 passengers. I will set sail in three days' time when all of my cargo has been reappropriated, and will accept passengers until that time. The rate depends on how far you need to go, with short length coastal trips costing 1 gold coin, trips over the nearby Sea of Approaching Gloom costing 2 gold coins, trips to anywhere farther costing 3 gold coins. Trips beyond the Doom Strait and into the Sea of Death go at a special rate of 4 gold coins due to the inherent dangers of such travel and must have at least six passengers to be considered a valid destination.~

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4270 on: April 23, 2013, 02:59:55 pm »

((Silver bunny= money))

Sigmund felt more secure now that the animals were occupied in other matters, so he approached the mages:
-Greetings, I see that you have already met Chef Niklas. Let me introduce myself, I'm Sigmund, Sigmund GrimDrake, I served a noble family until recent events froced me to leave. May I ask what were you talking about? Also, I'm intrigued by these two shiny animals, how did you manage to get them?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4271 on: April 23, 2013, 03:49:26 pm »

"Hm, thank you kind sir or madam, I shall inform my master of such fees, he may find them fitting to his budget. I wish you clear skies and calm seas, as they say." Morton excuses himself and heads back to try and find Kevin, to see where he wondered off too. "So then, onward to new vessels of the sea? I'm sure we can find one reasonably priced."

[What's the exchange rate on bronze, silver, and gold? One hundreds? If so, the flying ship guy is offering take us all for thirty silver and thirty bronze if we go with him, or fifteen silver and fifteen bronze if our place is exciting. Although... Eh, I'm leery of such an offer. Too good to be true, sounds shifty.]

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4272 on: April 23, 2013, 09:42:52 pm »

((Sorry about the wait, school.))

A fey? Niklas looks taken aback, then his expression becomes even more gleeful. A FEYHOUND! Those are excellent! EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

Anyhow, do you have a boatship? We need it for the trickster god who's enslaved us.
Sig! Onol

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4273 on: April 24, 2013, 01:43:06 am »

"The price is reasonable, we will probably like to sail either today or tomorrow, and I would like written assurance that we will be your preferred passengers and that none else shall sail."
He will then ride back if his demands are met.
If not...well he is a rather virulent zombie with obvious signs of a mental breakdown.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: April 24, 2013, 05:54:37 am »

Kevin sees that his butler friend is done standing around on the deck and follows him, pointing to the ship and trying to get some sort of explanation.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 719