Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556790 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #4245 on: April 22, 2013, 02:31:42 pm »

So what are we doing again? Rubun here distracted me.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: April 22, 2013, 02:43:11 pm »

Sugmnd looked slighty confused, and answered:

Who is Rubun? Anyway, this house seems to be a good target. Near midday, we will come back here and test our luck at convincing the person living here to try your wonderful dishes. A person with this fortune would probably be into philanthropy, and wouldn't hesitate to contribute with the work of a foreign chef. We will use this opportunity to steal all the contents of the house, murdering the rich person if we need to do so. That way we are going to pay for the ship our new master wants. Now, we should prepare for tomorrow, and befriend that dog, the main ingredient of your next meal. Well, at least that's the plan I came up with, I'm open to your ideas, Niklas.

EDIT: just a typo

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: April 22, 2013, 02:49:25 pm »

"Is it at least worthy of travel by sea?"
If he keeps trying to offend Scott he will try to scare him into running to his master, or slice him up. Depends on how obstinate he is.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: April 22, 2013, 02:54:07 pm »

What? No, Rubun is my war hound that I just found. I shall slay many does with him! Why are we paying for the ship anyway? We work for a trickster god of some sort, why not just steal it?
Sig! Onol

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: April 22, 2013, 03:24:11 pm »

Sigmund answered, sarcasm in his voice:
-Because we are all experienced sailors and we want to contribute with our sailor comrades.

He then sighed and explained:
-I don't know if you have any experience in sailing, but none of us do, and I doubt that a single man could handle a ship able to transport ten people and their supplies. If you have a better plan to get a ship, or the gold necessary to rent one, just say it. Until now we are up to robbing this man, by either trickery, poisoning, or plain and violent murder.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: April 22, 2013, 03:29:03 pm »

We can kill the guy, but no using the dog.
Sig! Onol

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: April 22, 2013, 03:36:11 pm »

"Ah-hah, a fine ship, a fine ship indeed-y! Shall we go see if the captain is aboard? I'm sure we can come to an arrangement like reasonable gentlemen, why before we know it we'll be sailing off to see the world in no time!" Morton makes his way to the ship, going about half the way up the gangplank/ramp to it. "Hello, anyone here? Captain? Crew?" Carter asked cheerfully.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: April 22, 2013, 03:39:10 pm »

Sigmund shrugged:
-Just get something to cook, we already have the deadly mushroom, but for it to be deadly has to be both raw and without chopping. maybe we can introduce it as a desert, or something like that, or just kill the guy. But one thing is sure, we have to gain access to the mansion, and I recomend a subtle aproach, so that we don't get killed.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: April 22, 2013, 06:49:48 pm »

Ghost up to the roof of the building, look down at our burned arm pursuer.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: April 23, 2013, 07:01:19 am »

Outside an opulent mansion of some kind...

Sigmund and Niklas hold a short planning meeting.

"So what are we doing again? Rubun here distracted me."

"Who is Rubun? Anyway, this house seems to be a good target. Near midday, we will come back here and test our luck at convincing the person living here to try your wonderful dishes. A person with this fortune would probably be into philanthropy, and wouldn't hesitate to contribute with the work of a foreign chef. We will use this opportunity to steal all the contents of the house, murdering the rich person if we need to do so. That way we are going to pay for the ship our new master wants. Now, we should prepare for tomorrow, and befriend that dog, the main ingredient of your next meal. Well, at least that's the plan I came up with, I'm open to your ideas, Niklas."

Oh, dear, such bold insinuations! Cook a dog, and a loyal one at that?

"What? No, Rubun is my war hound that I just found. I shall slay many does with him! Why are we paying for the ship anyway? We work for a trickster god of some sort, why not just steal it?"

"Because we are all experienced sailors and we want to contribute with our sailor comrades. I don't know if you have any experience in sailing, but none of us do, and I doubt that a single man could handle a ship able to transport ten people and their supplies. If you have a better plan to get a ship, or the gold necessary to rent one, just say it. Until now we are up to robbing this man, by either trickery, poisoning, or plain and violent murder."

"We can kill the guy, but no using the dog."

Sigmund shrugs. Okay, no foreign cuisine.

"Just get something to cook, we already have the deadly mushroom, but for it to be deadly has to be both raw and without chopping. maybe we can introduce it as a desert, or something like that, or just kill the guy. But one thing is sure, we have to gain access to the mansion, and I recommend a subtle approach, so that we don't get killed."

They are about to keep deciding on a plan of action, but Rubun seems to be bothered by something, whining and running into a certain direction, then coming back and looking expectantly at the two undead.

In the Festive Pelican...

Scott keeps interviewing the barkeep for some more information.

"Is it at least worthy of travel by sea?"

"Not a clue. Hasn't sunk yet, I can tell ya that much. Nobody's tried to sail it for ten or so years, though."

The barkeep shrugs.

"And even if it was seaworthy, you could probably find at least twenty cheaper and safer boats in the harbor within an hour. Point is, this thing ain't even for sale from what I know."

At the docks of Shriekpot...

Morton, noticing the ship, can't help but be satisfied.

"Ah-hah, a fine ship, a fine ship indeed-y! Shall we go see if the captain is aboard? I'm sure we can come to an arrangement like reasonable gentlemen, why before we know it we'll be sailing off to see the world in no time!"

He steps on the deck of the ship and cheerfully hollers for some crew members.

"Hello, anyone here? Captain? Crew?"

Interestingly enough, nobody comes out of hiding. Only a voice of uncertain gender rings out in Morton's mind.

~Welcome. How can I help you?~

Back in Emlocke...

Darren, feeling that high ground offers many advantages, lifts off and floats up through the three floors of the building, getting up to the rooftop. He looks down.

The man's still there, alright. He appears to be looking at a smoking patch on the wall Darren escaped through. Hah, silly man, everybody knows that brick doesn't burn! At least not easily, Darren hopes.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: April 23, 2013, 07:16:47 am »

Scott lets out another SighTM in the direction of the barkeep, subconsciously hoping that he would start choking to death. If he seems unaffected, he'll order a pint of gin and glug it.
He will then leave (without paying) and try to find something comfortable and luxurious for his new master to travel on.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 07:20:32 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: April 23, 2013, 08:40:36 am »

Sigmund looked curiously at the monstruous dog.

-Hey, it seems that your new pet has found something interesting.

Follow the dog along with Niklas.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: April 23, 2013, 08:57:59 am »

While Morton takes care of the conversation side of things, or at least Kevin assumes that he's about to converse as he's just standing on the deck, Kevin searches for some sort of weapon on the dock.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: April 23, 2013, 10:17:56 am »

Hmm, good plot device dog! Let's go.

Follow the doggy with Sigmund.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: April 23, 2013, 10:26:24 am »

In the Festive Pelican...

Scott lets out a mighty sigh, hoping to destroy the barkeep with the sheer power of his disillusionment. When that doesn't work, he orders some gin. A pint of it, to be exact. The barkeep smiles at his request and pours him one. Scott chugs it rapidly, then puts the mug back on the counter. Man, if only he could get drunk. Then this whole thing wouldn't be half as miserable. With that done, he attempts to leave.

The barkeep doesn't seem to have noticed the fact that he hasn't paid. How wonderful. Scott heads out and looks for a better boat for the Artiste. It isn't too long before he notices the hovering boat hanging slightly above the waves not too far away. Its sails shine with some sort of strange enchantment, and there is a faint hum emanating from its direction. A sweet ride, to be sure.

Next to an opulent mansion...

Sigmund notes Rubun's excitement.

"Hey, it seems that your new pet has found something interesting."

Seeing how a dog's intuition is a rather trustworthy thing, Sigmund follows the dog, joined by a rather enthusiastic Niklas. After a slight bit of walking, they come out in front of a house. It looks fairly ordinary, apart from a silvery bunny the size of a rather large shed leaping around the front yard, joined in this endeavor by a dog that is equally large. On the wooden deck that lines the front of the house stand 8 people, all of them rather old. 4 are men, 4 are women. They look pretty excited.

At the docks of Shriekpot...

Kevin, seeing that Morton is currently standing on the deck with a bit of a dopey expression on his burned face, decides to find himself a weapon before it's too late. It does really seem like he needs it around these parts.

After checking the area and finding no weapons lying around, Kevin decides to look inside one of the crates marked "Property of the Dancing Crow", finding the name cryptic enough to sound promising. However, it seems to be nailed shut. How terrible.
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 719