Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556796 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #4230 on: April 22, 2013, 08:13:49 am »

Scott goes up to the barkeep and asks for a price for the procurement of the ship.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4231 on: April 22, 2013, 09:39:14 am »

Niklas begins barking at the dog in an attempt to intimidate it. If that doesn't work, he chops it in the face.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: April 22, 2013, 09:42:31 am »

Sigmund tries to attack the dog from the side while Niklas tries to intimidate him, unless the dog is friendly, in that case, he tries to rpevent Niklas from hurting him.

((It seems that we will end up hunting our next dish))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: April 22, 2013, 10:04:57 am »

In a dark alley in Shriekpot...

Sigmund slowly backs away from the giant dog, muttering words of endearment and pacification! The dog turns around, noticing Niklas, who appears to be barking savagely at him in an attempt to intimidate the huge canine!

The dog turns around and begins to wag its tail, running up to Niklas and rubbing its head against the naked zombie's hand. Only one thought runs through the zombie's head. One word, actually.

Kill.

[Sigmund interference roll: 5]

Sigmund, however, catches the zombie's cleaver-holding hand, stopping him from committing unwarranted cruelty toward an animal! Niklas looks sternly at Sigmund, his chef integrity and cred momentarily compromised!

Outside a floating tavern...

Scott walks into the tavern confidently, strutting over to the bar. Despite the fact that he's a rather rank and terrible-looking corpse, nobody seems to pay him any mind. He goes and talks to the barkeep.

"Say, how much for the procurement of this-"

The barkeep looks at Scott and jumps back, yelling with surprise!

"Dog's balls, the dead are walking!"

Despite the barkeep's exclamation, nobody seems to pay any mind to Scott. Huh.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4234 on: April 22, 2013, 10:08:21 am »

Ah! Good dog!

Be friends with dog. Go wherever Sigmund's going.
Sig! Onol

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4235 on: April 22, 2013, 10:10:26 am »

Sigmund told Niklas:

-You shouldn't kill it if you are not going to prepare it, because food is best served warm. Let's see if we can take it alive with us for later.

Sigmund tries to be frindly with the dog and make it follow him.

EDIT: ((damn you, ninja viking chef!))

If we befriend the dog it doesn't try to attack us, wander around the city looking for mansions or places which seem to be whealthy

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4236 on: April 22, 2013, 10:36:18 am »

Scott putts a hand to his knife and repeats his question, thinking if this man continues raving, he may not have to spend any money.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: April 22, 2013, 11:03:57 am »

((You should probably put your blanket-husband around your neck and wear him as a cape.))
Kevin takes Morton with him and looks around the docks for any boats that look like they could survive a long journey and aren't too expensive or well-guarded. He also keeps an eye out for some sort of weapon.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: April 22, 2013, 12:27:28 pm »

"Ah, seems you have a heading sir, I'll just follow you then! Ah, this is already a splendid journey, it made me forget how much I missed nature." Morton shifted the backpack strap on his shoulder before walking behind the jester skeleton, keeping in step. "Oh how I missed the outdoors, even it surprises me sufficient to say! Ah, what I would like nothing more than to brew up some tea and spend all day just watching things around me move. ...Oh right, we've a task at hand from our new master. A ship, yes, a ship. Hm, shouldn't be that hard to find one able, although willing might be another task...."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: April 22, 2013, 12:44:44 pm »

((I just realized. The Path of Dreams... We're going back to the Land of Dreams? Oh fuck. This can only end badly.))

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4240 on: April 22, 2013, 12:45:50 pm »

[I never actually read all of the thread so I'm just going off of knowledge from when I posted my char sheet onwards. No idea what the land of dreams is, just that someone died there.]

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: April 22, 2013, 12:50:08 pm »

((I did. It lets you imagine anything you want, including making yourself into something awesome (in my case, a giant fucking eagle (but shortly thereafter a monstrosity with a failed roll). You can only escape it by pleasing the... 7? guardians and asking the Lord of Dreams to let you go. Of course, you can only ask the Lord of Dreams one thing, and some have asked things different than escape. I also talked to a chair guy. Pretty nice guy.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: April 22, 2013, 01:03:07 pm »

((It's the best place ever.))
Sig! Onol

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: April 22, 2013, 01:34:04 pm »

((Wait, I found a hovering boat in the docks. Maybe it can take us there without problems! On the other hand, I won't metagame anyway.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4244 on: April 22, 2013, 02:17:21 pm »

In a dark, foreboding alley in Shriekpot...

Niklas decides that he probably shouldn't kill this dog. After all, how would he even cook it here? It is just plain impractical. So he will befriend it instead!

"Ah! Good dog!"

"You shouldn't kill it if you are not going to prepare it, because food is best served warm. Let's see if we can take it alive with us for later."

He praises the dog, who responds by bounding around excitedly and wagging its tail. Such a friendly giant monstrosity. Niklas, satisfied with the quality of his relationship, follows Sigmund, who seems to be on the fast track to looking for wealthy people to rob!

[Sigmund will roll: 6]

He is hardly even bothered by all the crossings as he runs along, greedy thoughts on his mind! Eventually, he and Niklas spy a great target - a giant, opulent mansion at least five stories in height, with golden window frames and stained glass mosaics immediately striking the eyes of onlookers in a most peculiar way. It seems to be built with a lot of wrought iron elements in its construction, and the exterior walls are extremely rich in ornamentation, which mostly features depictions of diminutive people in silly hats hunting, crafting things and being generally industrious.

Somebody's certainly hit the jackpot, Sigmund supposes.

In the Festive Pelican...

Scott, not particularly happy about getting interrupted, places his hand on his ritual knife. He asks again.

"How much for the procurement of this vessel?"

"It's a business enterprise, not a proper ship, ya bloody corpse. A local, highly profitable business enterprise. You'd be looking at 400 gold coins at the very least, I would say, if not more. Would have to talk with the owner about that, though."

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Kevin, soliloquizing Morton in tow, heads for a walk through the dock to look for inexpensive, durable, easily stolen ships.

And wouldn't you know it, there's a rather nice-looking (though certainly not extravagant) one with nobody on board right there at the dock! Perfect! Looks like an ideal mark for the ten-fingered ship discount.
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 719