Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557068 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter Two: Books, Baubles and Boyfriends!
« Reply #420 on: November 06, 2012, 10:03:09 am »

On a seemingly recently-made pile of corpses...

Leon, glad at having survived a fall like that, does what he always does in a situation like this: gymnastics! Well, he has to check for limb damage!

[Limb mastery roll: 2-1]

Turns out there's quite a lot of it, his legs having bent at nearly right angles and his arms nearly twisted into knots! Leon attempts to roll to his halberd-feet, but rolls neatly into a nearby ditch instead! Crap, why does everything always have to become worse like this!

Inside the Magical Zoology Department...

The time for words is over! They have availed James nothing! Time for vampire/ape to hare combat!

[James vs. Hare: 4 vs. 3+1]

The hare, still possessing natural agility on top of its possibly undead powers, barely dodges James' competently executed halberd thrust!

[Chimp idea roll: 6]
[Chimp search roll: 5]

The chimpanzee quickly runs into a corridor and disappears! Meanwhile, the hare, feeling that this might be the most important moment of its perhaps-unlife, tries to finish off his maybe-vampire-dad once more!

[Hare vs. James: 1+1 vs. 2]

James stands still as the hare slips on some of his blood, barely keeping on its feet! The hare can hardly afford to wait around! Especially considering that a six-armed chimpanzee with wielding a total of six scalpels is charging right at it!

[Heavily Armed Chimp vs. Hare: 4+3 vs. 3+1-1]

The chimpanzee slices, stabs and dices! The hare does anything in its limited power to stop from dying horribly! The hare is cut in a great many places and is currently losing what would best be described as a humanload of blood! Despite being a hare!

[Hare bleeding roll: 3]

The hare looks very lightheaded and weak right now! Time to finish the job!

[Heavily Armed Chimp vs. Hare: 4+3 vs. 6-1]

While the hare is bleeding heavily, it does not wish to part with its questionable immortality just yet! It tries to dodge six arms of death as well as it can, which is to say not too well, and gets stabbed only a few times!

[Hare will roll: 3-1]

The hare's eyes go glassy, its life weakening! The will to fight appears to slowly leave it along with its blood!

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 10:05:00 am by Harry Baldman »

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 06, 2012, 10:16:38 am »

Watch the chimp finish off this evil villain, congradulate it, then look for zoologists and explain why I'm here.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 06, 2012, 10:44:12 am »

Steal back the goblet and get out of here.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 06, 2012, 10:49:22 am »

Attempt to force limbs back into the proper angles.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 06, 2012, 10:52:03 am »

Continue to bluff my way out. For example, claim Bernie is the "temples" high priest, etc.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 06, 2012, 10:58:16 am »

Keep Flailing! Maybe someone will see my plight and heal me!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 06, 2012, 11:48:21 am »

On the road back to Bernie's place...

The statue would definitely kill both Alaric and his companion if given half the chance! Alaric, utilizing a time-honored strategy, attempts to bluff his way out!

[Bluff roll: 6]

"It is the will of Narcillicus himself that we pass on to the Temple of Beauty to induct this mortal into a higher echelon of being! The high priest of the temple will perform the procedure himself!"

"Ascension, fuck yeah!"

The statue appears to consider these statements.

"SO, YOU ARE A SERVANT OF THE GODS?"

"Indeed I am! You would do well to listen to what I've said!"

"THAT'S WONDERFUL."

He lifts off the ground!

"I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO KILL A GOD. I SUPPOSE I WILL HAVE TO SETTLE FOR A MINION. FOR NOW."

"Kick his fuckin' ass, god-spirit!"

Inside the Magical Zoology Department...

James stands around practicing his smugness while the chimp keeps brutalizing the hare!

[Chimp idea roll: 4]

It goes in for the kill!

[Heavily Armed Chimp vs. Hare: 4+3 vs. 1-2]

The chimp, despite the whole thing being splitting hares by this point, turns the hare into a neatly sliced pile of organs! The hare turns into ash! Still not conclusive proof on whether diablerie works, though. James applauds the chimp's great work!

[Chimp idea roll: 1]

The chimp takes this for a challenge for pack superiority and pounces on James!

[Heavily Armed Chimp vs. James: 5+3 vs. 2]

Maybe it wasn't the best idea to let an ape with barely-restrained instincts keep no fewer than six sharp instruments in its hands! The ape, bolstered by its previous knife-fighting experience, slices at James until the poor fellow's abdominal cavity is entirely hollow! That done, the ape kicks James into a corner! That'll teach him to challenge it!

[James will roll: 6]

James, however, hardly notices the lack of a chest and keeps behaving completely normally! Mostly because he's too busy punching the horrible thoughts of death right out of himself! Admittedly, it works perfectly! James' face is slightly beaten up, though.

James resolves to put this incident behind him and not try to kill the ape, for that might end very badly for him. He looks for some zoologists!

[Search roll: 1]

He manages to trip and fall through a particularly precarious patch in the wooden floor, landing on a soft bale of hay. That pokes at his insides. Ouch.

Outside the Metamorphosis Department...

Jordan has no recourse but a most ungentlemanly action: asking for help!

[Attention attraction roll: 6]

"I SAY, WOULD ANYONE CARE TO HELP A VICTIM OF AN ELEPHANT TRAMPLING WITH FOUR WIVES AND A KID?"

[Attracted people roll: 1]

"I say, what a fascinating individual! There's a sword in his belly, all of his limbs are broken, he has no heart, and yet he lives! Perhaps he will make for a fine test subject!"

He is claimed by a strange-looking man coming out of the Metamorphosis Department! He is carried through some halls, shown to various people and bragged about, then placed on a table!

"Let's see what we can do with you, good chap!"

[Magic roll: 6-1]

Jordan's limbs become unbroken once more! Hooray!

"Oh, how droll. I was expecting something more interesting. Let's try again, shall we?"

[Magic roll: 2-1]

Jordan's left arm reshapes itself into a giant flesh-pretzel of some kind! It is entirely possible that it is salted!

[Magic roll: 1-1]

Jordan's right leg turns into a barking dog, attached to the hip where its two hindlegs should be!

"Hee hee, beautiful! It is not very often that I get willing test subjects! They wouldn't give me any! Said I was senile or something! What foolishness!"

[Magic roll: 4-1]

Jordan's left leg leg turns into a wooden club!

[Magic roll: 6-1]

Jordan's right arm becomes better than ever, covering itself with flexible metal plates!

"There you go, dearie! I hope you enjoyed it half as much as I did!"

[Reaction roll: 4]

The mage puts Jordan in a cart and wheels him out of the building, dumping him on the cobblestones! Before Jordan can say anything, the mage disappears!

In a ditch somewhere...

Leon attempts to straighten out his bent limbs!

[Strength roll: 3+1]

He makes his legs roughly straight once more and bends his arms out of their knotted positions, getting them about halfway there until being unable progress any further! His arms are now only somewhat oddly bent and his legs are mostly straight!

Inside an oddly battle-ready monastery...

Vincent tries to follow the knight out of the room!

[Search roll: 5]

He quickly catches up to her and attempts to filch the goblet!

[Pickpocketing roll: 1]

As soon as he reaches for the goblet, the woman swings at him with a warhammer!

[Knight Sister vs. Vincent: 3+2 vs. 5+1]

Vincent easily dodges the swing, though, and retreats away, the woman following him!

[Escape roll: 1]

However, Vincent takes a wrong turn and is cornered by the knight in a storeroom!

[Alarm roll: 6]

Nobody else seems to be around, though! That's good!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 06, 2012, 11:49:32 am »

Sam's going to head off and find one of those dungeons people keep talking about. Let's explore it!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 06, 2012, 11:51:06 am »

Stand up and look around me, have another go at fully straightening my limbs.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 06, 2012, 11:57:32 am »

Try to walk, and if impossible, call for help once more!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 06, 2012, 12:14:17 pm »

Scream in pain to attract the attention of the zoologists, and tell them my story.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 06, 2012, 12:27:10 pm »

On the road to Fiverock...

Despite all the looting, burning, pillaging and miscellaneous destruction, Samuel still doesn't feel like a proper hero! However, he has a remedy for that in mind: a dungeon! Yeah, a dungeon! Someplace that will have tons of loot to obtain and monsters to genocide! He searches for one immediately!

[Search roll: 2]

Well, there's a slightly suspicious looking village a ways off the road. Maybe there's a dungeon under that.

In a ditch somewhere...

Leon, not in a particular rush to go anywhere, stands up and attempts to straighten his limbs some more!

[Straightening roll: 4+1]

There we go! Good as new! Leon is ready for adventure once more!

Outside the Metamorphosis Department...

Jordan lies on the cobbled ground, contemplating his predicament. Perhaps he should get up? Yes, that would be the wise thing to do right now!

[Dog idea roll: 4]

The dog on his leg is clearly tired of standing around as well, as it helps Jordan stand up and walk around, making up for the loss of mobility in his club-leg! Well, this isn't so bad!

In the basement of the Magical Zoology Department...

James feels that the bale of hay unfairly attacked him! He screams for help!

[Screaming roll: 6]

He hollers like a bull that has chosen to mate with a beehive as he tries to get those mean, mean zoologists to pay attention to him!

[Attention attraction roll: 6]

He sees no fewer than 10 heads poke in from the hole up above!

"Hey, it's that bloke that deflected all of my snails and butterflies!"

"By Pacitarius, it is! Look at him! He doesn't have a bloody chest anymore! How is he screaming like that? Woke up all the seventeen-legged giraffes, I tell you!"

[James storytelling roll: 1-2]

"Have pity on a poor fellow that's landed on a bale of hay!"

"Why should we? Maybe we like the fact that your insides are poked at with sharp hay needles!"

"Inconsiderate bastards! When I get out of here, I'll kill you! I'll kill you, your children and your children's children! I will spit on your graves and dance on the corpses of your entire family when I get out, you mark my words!"

"Sure you will. Now go ahead and die already!"

[Chimp idea roll: 5]
[Chimp search roll: 3]

The heads proceed to disappear one by one!

James' chimp friend/enemy appears not five minutes later, brandishing a rope made of handkerchiefs! It doesn't look too strong, but perhaps it might work?

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 06, 2012, 12:32:07 pm »

Begin walking in a random direction until I find some sign of where I am.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 06, 2012, 12:39:33 pm »

Find some food for my dog-leg to eat! He's such a good boy, isn't he, aww, yes he is! YES HE IS!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 06, 2012, 01:09:17 pm »

((Oh dear god. Did your leg just become a dog and your arm a pretzel? I love this RTD already))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 719