Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557122 times)

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter Two: Books, Baubles and Boyfriends!
« Reply #375 on: November 04, 2012, 02:00:25 pm »

Search for more loot.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 04, 2012, 02:52:13 pm »

Outside the Magical Zoology Department...

James cannot believe his luck! A suitable replacement snail, just falling from the sky like that! Why, it's almost unfathomable! Abduction time!

[Snail abduction roll: 4]

The snail is somewhat laboriously grabbed and deposited on James' back! It doesn't seem capable of a whole lot of resistance! Now James has an undamaged snail companion once more!

After having performed yet another flawless snailnapping, James feels that he has gained a lot of experience in handling them! He is a Professional-Grade Snailnapper! With that done, he tries something that he's never done before - reason with a barricade!

[James' persuasion roll: 1-2]

James launches into an exhausting oratory session, beautifully punctuated by him adjusting his own misshapen face and scratching his infested body! He feels like he has made his point after an hour of ceaseless speech making!

[Zoology Department awareness roll: 1]

His beautiful speech is answered with...

[Animal attack roll: 6]

...a giant six-winged butterfly flying out of the same window that the snail came out of! It flies at James!

[Butterfly vs. James: 1 vs. 5+1]

James manages to stop the butterfly from doing this with a kind word and a very sharp halberd!

[Butterfly morale roll: 2]

The butterfly is intimidated by James' honeyed words and superior weaponry! It immediately flees, taking to the skies!

Within the halls of illusion...

Blast! Jordan has exhausted all of his tactics - chopping, swinging AND whirling! The time is ripe for originality!

[Search roll: 2]

Drat, foiled again! There's no paint around! That kills that idea! Let's take it from the top, shall we?

[Jordan perception roll: 3-1]

Oh dear. He has no idea where these bastardly illusionists might be hiding! Why must they move around so much?

[Exp. Illusionist 1 perception roll: 1]
[Exp. Illusionist 3 perception roll: 5]
[Exp. Illusionist 1 magic roll: 1+1]
[Exp. Illusionist 3 magic roll: 2+1]

Both of the illusionists do their very best to somehow immobilize Jordan, but none of them really get anywhere! The tiny spark produced by one does give away his position!

[Jordan perception roll: 2-1+1]

Jordan checks the air around him for illusionists! There definitely aren't any! There'd be more screaming if there were!

Somewhere far away...

Vincent, not entirely satisfied with the loot he's got, goes looking for more!

[Search roll: 4]

On the first floor there seems to be a lot of red and yellow robes. And bread. And a nice-looking warhammer! It's set into an altar of some kind!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 02:56:38 pm by Harry Baldman »

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 04, 2012, 02:57:55 pm »

Persuade the zoologists to let me in!
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 04, 2012, 03:22:00 pm »

After his failure at reasoning with the door, James decides to reason with any zoologists that might be nearby!

[Persuasion roll: 4-2]

"Would any zoologists in there be so kind as to open the bloody door? It's not fun standing out here all the time!"

"You're STILL not gone? Hell's bells, have some more friends, then!"

[Animal attack roll: 6]

A friendly-looking giant caterpillar falls out of the window!

[Caterpillar vs. James: 3 vs. 3+1]

James steps aside as it flops to the ground!

[Caterpillar fall damage: 3]

It looks confused at being here, at hitting the ground at a not inconsiderable speed and probably at being handled by some crazy zoologist!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 04, 2012, 03:25:57 pm »

Make friends with the caterpillar.
Work out how to get into the building
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 04, 2012, 03:32:23 pm »

James can't help it! He loves invertebrates! He attempts to make friends with the caterpillar!

[Making friends roll: 3-2]

The caterpillar doesn't seem thrilled at the sight of James! Not very thrilled at all! It leaps at him as well as a caterpillar can!

[Caterpillar vs. James: 5 vs. 2+1]

The caterpillar pins James to the ground with its bulk and attempts to mutilate his chest!

[Insect reaction roll: 1]

The insects begin to panic and start horribly mutilating James as well! The pain is quite spectacular, if James may say so himself.

[Intelligence roll: 2-1]

Maybe he could AAGH, THE PAIN! THE HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE PAIN!

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 04, 2012, 03:49:41 pm »

Search for anything that might reveal them! Then KEEL THEM.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 04, 2012, 03:49:55 pm »

Samuel's going to wrestle control from those feathers! Dominate! If it doesn't work, cane 'em.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 04, 2012, 03:56:53 pm »

Destroy the creature with my halberd.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 04, 2012, 04:33:59 pm »

(( She's going to use lightning on a metal zombie? That's going to go so well for her lol. ))

Charge!!!!!!!!!!!!! incapacitate her without killing her.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 04, 2012, 05:05:22 pm »

Inside the Illusion Department...

Jordan is getting annoyed at the constant missing that's been happening around here! All this invisibility nonsense must be stopped!

[Search roll: 3]

He finds a mostly empty invisible bottle of water on the ground! That could work!

[Lucky water splash roll: 6]

He manages to hit an illusionist in the eye with it! It turns out that it wasn't water at all! It was lemon juice! One illusionist begins screaming bloody murder and possibly rubbing his eyes!

[Jordan vs. Exp. Illusionist 1: 4+1 vs. 1-1-1]

"I say, let me apply my very own special treatment to this awful malady!"

He swings the axe! The illusionist stops screaming bloody murder! Mostly because he's been bloody murdered! You can't see it, but his hands and head hit the ground with an audible thud, rolling slightly before coming to a stop!

[Exp. Illusionist 3 perception roll: 6]
[Exp. Illusionist 3 morale roll: 4]

The last illusionist understands all too well what has happened! The axe murderer must pay!

[Exp. Illusionist 3 magic roll: 6+1]

Bright blue light shoots throughout the area! Everything is visible once more!

[Jordan will roll: 5]
[Exp. Illusionist 3 will roll: 1]

The last illusionist freezes in place, his face a mask of abject horror, his eyes blank with pupils dilated! His mouth hangs open, and a small trickle of blood is coming from it! Jordan is about to poke him to see if he needs any more killing, but he is too slow!

For the illusionist's head explodes magnificently, showering everything with a fine layer of brain matter and skull shrapnel! The last illusionist collapses!

"Good show, old chap, good show! Those were the finest fireworks I've seen all day! Bloody boring lead-up, though!"

On the road to Fiverock...

Samuel is not some street-trash skeletal hobo to take this kind of treatment from a bunch of feathers! He is a mage! They must submit to his power! He must bring the hammer down!

[Magic roll: 1-2]

Sadly, his cane focus does not allow for such use! He feels himself get lifted off his feet and chucked into the air! Instead, a cane of truly monstrous proportions, about 60 feet in length and 6 feet in thickness, topped off with a skull the size of a house, appears nearby! It strikes the ground!

[Seismic activity roll: 5]

The ground splits and shakes, with a small platform of rock rising up from beneath Samuel! It rises for a while until he can hardly see the feathers anymore! Possibly because the earth has swallowed them up! Eventually, the rising stops. Everything is still. Samuel looks down. Yeesh, he's at least fifty feet in the air! The ground beneath him is covered in perilous pits and holes to what might be the center of the earth! Oh my!

"If you are not with me, you are AGAINST ME! DIE!"

James slashes at the caterpillar with his halberd!

[James vs. Caterpillar: 1 vs. 5]

Or he would have, if the caterpillar hadn't swallowed his halberd whole first! It attempts to mutilate him some more!

[Caterpillar vs. James: 4 vs. 5]

James pushes the caterpillar off himself and gets some distance between himself and it!

Inside the Energy Manipulation Department...

Leon, not really feeling up to practicing his sign language, charges at the woman!

[Energy mage reaction roll: 5]

She immediately reaches for a book in her pocket, quickly opens it on a bookmarked page and reads some words!

[Energy mage magic roll: 6+1]

The heat seems to drain from the room in front of the woman! All of the heat! Leon is completely frozen in place and subjective time!

[Energy mage reaction roll: 1]

The mage sustains severe frost burns just being near the hallway! She clutches at herself in pain and falls backwards!

[Awareness roll: 1]

A lot of energy mages storm into the hallway at the woman's side!

[Other energy mages reaction roll: 2]

Several of them jump backward at the hallway of frost-death, surprised at what's happened!

[Frost-burned woman endurance roll: 5]

The woman who brought Leon into his current state crawls out of the hallway, clearly struggling and suffering, but persevering nonetheless! If Leon were not totally frozen, he would hear rejoiced calls from within, people inquiring as to the state of her health and somebody asking to take her off guard duty!

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 04, 2012, 05:10:02 pm »

Brake free and then use my cool new language to explain that I do not want to fight them but was acting only in self defense.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 04, 2012, 05:16:07 pm »

YAY LOOT! Loot them all. Everything. Everyone. THEY MUST ALL BE STRIPPED OF THEIR BITS AND BAUBLES!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 04, 2012, 05:21:50 pm »

Sam's just...Going to walk to the city. Try and find a good random event along the way as well!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 04, 2012, 05:26:28 pm »

Look for something to use as a weapon, and maul the caterpillar with it.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 719