Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557135 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter Two: Books, Baubles and Boyfriends!
« Reply #330 on: November 03, 2012, 01:35:56 pm »

Beneath the earth, definitely in a jam...

Leon pays no heed to the whistling masses all around! He keeps attempting to master his limbs!

[Limb mastery roll: 4]

Yeah, he's getting there! However, there's only so much he can learn while being on the ground! He gets up and tries walking while wildly swinging his limbs! Well, he's got walking down, sort of. No falling down in the middle of an afternoon stroll for Leon anymore, no sirree!

[? roll: ?]

The whistling reaches a deafening crescendo!

[Perception roll: 1]

They must be trying to kill him through sonic discharge! Quick, better kill them before they shatter his metal shell when they find the right frequency!

[Leon vs. Captors: 3+1 vs. 3+4+1]

Leon plunges into a crowd of the blasted things, but they evade him handily and lift him up on a great many claws! They carry him, whistling in shrill tones as they do so! They don't seem to be attempting to harm him though. Not yet, anyway.

Within the experimental gardens of the Magical Botany Department...

James, ever the cautious and reasonable one, tries to abduct yet another snail for his merry band!

[Snail abduction roll: 5]

He snags the second snail without a hitch and proceeds to the filing room! Setting down both of the former lovebirds, he resumes the checking of plant information!

[Intelligence roll: 2]

He wants to focus on his task, but vivid images of snail copulation assault his brain continuously! He just can't concentrate!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 03, 2012, 01:37:12 pm »

Samuel is going to curse, then pat his pimpin' cane, make sure his robe and hat are on (And both the amulets), then head off somewhere. I don't know, try and form a magical map, and follow it to a city.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 03, 2012, 01:37:43 pm »

((again no bonus. Why?))
Clear my mind before reading the books.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 03, 2012, 01:42:51 pm »

Enjoy the ride but stay ready to attack the moment I'm in danger, also shout
"I'm the king of the...the...... yea I'm the king!!!!!!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 03, 2012, 02:10:03 pm »

((again no bonus. Why?))

((You are in indirect sunlight. That's the same as being in the shade. Sunlight still comes in through windows and doors, plus it reflects everywhere. If you were, say, where Leon is, then you would get the full bonus.))

Outside the ravaged Divination Department...

Samuel has witnessed the demise of a great many books today. Delighted at a job well done, he makes sure he has donned all the symbols of a wizard's hip lifestyle! Hat, check. Robe, check. Awesome cane, check. Bling, check. With that done he looks at the magic map he stole!

[Magic map completeness roll: 2]

Must be new. Doesn't have a whole lot on it apart from the university grounds. Blast!

Samuel pats his cane, secure in the knowledge that this friend will never fail him. Unlike some non-living companions he could mention! Samuel considers heading off somewhere!

[Local knowledge roll: 5]

There is a pretty large city nearby, Fiverock (home of the completely imaginary Dirk), but it would take about five days of walking to get to. That's a bit of a long way to go.

Meanwhile, within the oddly snail-filled archives...

James needs this information! He cannot allow mentally scarring images to take him off his chosen path!

[James focus roll: 4]

He manages to mostly forget what he saw. Mostly. He tries to get back to his reading material!

[Intelligence roll: 6]

Over a period of approximately two hours, James crams like the devil! He memorizes every bit of plant information contained in the archives, be it the physical, chemical or magical properties of plants, their occurrence in the wild, how best to destroy them... he knows all of it!

James is now a Plant Expert!

Past the exit to Parts Unknown...

Leon is enjoying the attention of the crowd! It feels so great to be loved!

He attempts to speak, but can't, being skeletonized and covered in metal!

Disappointed by this turn of events, he chooses to remain on guard!

After about an hour of getting carried through pitch-blackness, he gets dumped on the ground somewhere new! Somewhere different!

[Perception roll: 6]

They're obviously expecting him to do something, but what? And what does that infernal whistling mean? It's becoming slightly maddening!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 03, 2012, 02:13:00 pm »

Stand up and start stretching and running on the spot, continue adjusting to my new body, stay ready to fight.

(( Hey gimme back my mouth lol. ))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 03, 2012, 02:17:27 pm »

Stand up and start stretching and running on the spot, continue adjusting to my new body, stay ready to fight.

(( Hey gimme back my mouth lol. ))

((Well, the lack of a mouth isn't the real problem. You still have one. Now, the fact that the beast stripped off your throat is a different matter.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 03, 2012, 02:20:59 pm »

(( Hmm I think I need to get out of here and find a mage who can give me a new way to talk. ))

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 03, 2012, 02:22:02 pm »

Wait, so does he still get the zombie bonuses or does he count as a skeleton now?

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 03, 2012, 02:24:17 pm »

((Just the "can't speak" part and the fact that he doesn't smell like a corpse anymore. It's just that his zombie flesh is replaced with metal.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 03, 2012, 02:25:12 pm »

(( So I still have the strength? ))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 03, 2012, 02:27:00 pm »

Get ready to lop some more heads!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 03, 2012, 03:21:24 pm »

Leave the botany building and head to a different part of the university.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 03, 2012, 03:22:33 pm »

Attempt to locate the person who is supposed to be killed and preserved.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 03, 2012, 04:17:51 pm »

Within the halls where illusions rule...

Jordan puts down the corpse he's holding and waits for some more victims to arrive! And they do! The running fellow, a man in extremely extravagant robes that appear to change color all the time and three other illusionists with an air of experience about them!

"What's going on here? Who killed these people?"

"Something nasty, Head Illusionist! A ghost, maybe!"

"A ghost? What?"

"Dear chaps, I assure you that whatever happened here, it most certainly was not a ghost!"

"Who said tha-"

[Jordan vs. Head Illusionist: 3+1 vs. 6-2-1-1+1]

The Head Illusionist is grazed by an axe blade edging perilously close to his neck! Whew, he was almost a goner back there!

"Idiots! It's some invisible creature!"

[Head Illusionist magic roll: 1+1]

The Head Illusionist waves his hands, but nothing happens!

"Damn it all!"

[Jordan vs. Head Illusionist: 5+1 vs. 4-1-1-1]

"Let me help you with those hands, old chap!"

Both of the Head Illusionist's hands are severed at the wrist! Massive amounts of blood spurt out! However, that is nothing compared to the spurt of blood created when the Head Illusionist loses his claim to the first part of his title! He becomes an impromptu fountain of arterial blood and falls to the ground!

[Illusionist morale roll: 5]

"Holy crap, guys! He killed the Head Illusionist! Let's get 'im!"

"But we can't see 'im!"

"Don't worry, I'll take care of that!"

[Illusionist 1 magic roll: 2]

"Now, how did this go again?"

"Let me jog your memory, dear fellow!"

[Jordan vs. Illusionist 1: 4+1 vs. 6-2-1-1]

Jordan swings his axe once more, this time going for the knee to maintain originality! He manages to slice off both the illusionist's legs, sending him to the ground while gushing blood!

[Illusionist morale roll: 3-1]

The less experienced and uninjured illusionists run off, leaving only the more experienced ones still near Jordan!

[Exp. Illusionist 1 magic roll: 2+1]
[Exp. Illusionist 2 magic roll: 3+1]
[Exp. Illusionist 3 magic roll: 4+1]

Through collective straining, the three illusionists manage to make Jordan visible again!

"Good show, chaps! It was getting quite boring, beheading each and every one of you without even giving you a chance to fight back!"

[Jordan vs. Exp. Illusionist 3: 1+1 vs. 6-2-1]

Jordan waits while the three illusionists get ready for gentlemanly combat!

Above the university...

Alaric descends upon the university from up above and begins looking for the fellow in the Metamorphosis Department!

[Searching roll: 5]

He finds the place immediately and goes in! There he is - a strikingly beautiful man that appears to bend the very boundaries of reality with his incomparable beauty!

[Reaction roll: 2]

The man turns to Alaric!

"What the fuck do you want, asshole?"

Inside the Magical Botany Department...

James believes he has gotten everything he needs from the Magical Botany Department! Time to head to greener pastures!

[Building choice roll: 1]

Having exhausted the botanical sciences, he heads over to the Magical Zoology Department!

Deep underground...

Leon is in an odd situation. Oh well, might as well do something.

[Limb mastery roll: 6]

He launches into a fantastic dance routine, his halberd feet clanging against the stone floor of the room! His legs and arms move surprisingly dextrously for a being made of metal! It is indeed an amazing physical feat, and it has an obvious effect on his observers as well!

[? roll: ?+1]

The room once more fills with whistling sounds as the creatures seem to be observing Leon!

[Intelligence roll: 6]

His movements must have some kind of magical influence on the creatures around here! Doubtlessly they know no cave-thing who can move like dat!

He feels a very heavy, lumbering creature rise from somewhere! A spectral, echoing sound, then a blinding flash of white light shines into Leon's eyes! When he comes to, he is not underground at all! Sunlight hits his eyes like a piercing lance to the skull!

He is in a decently furnished room. There are three odd-looking men there with him.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 719