Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557134 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter Two: Books, Baubles and Boyfriends!
« Reply #315 on: November 03, 2012, 11:06:46 am »

HEEEADS! DECAAAAAPITATED HEEEEADS!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 03, 2012, 11:26:33 am »

In the archives of the Magical Botany Department...

James, considering himself more of an intellectual than a barbaric mercenary, decides to take advantage of the intellectual bounty provided to him! He reads the archived information, beginning with the special university species!

[James intelligence roll: 3]

Well, there's stuff here about several works in progress. Skimming over the information, since reading it would be bloody boring and would take forever, James is somewhat disturbed at certain word combinations, such as 'exploding plums', 'predatory roses' and 'martial oaks'. Perhaps encountering those wouldn't be the best idea!

[Snail awareness roll: 3]

The snail seems to be getting slightly anxious about something, waving its eyestalks in the air.

Within the halls of the Illusion Department...

Since Jordan is still invisible, he figures he might take advantage of it!

"I say, chaps, don't you want any soup?"

"I wouldn't touch that stuff with a ten foot pole. Shit is disgusting."

"Oh my, how rude! You know, a dedicated cook should be respected!"

"Oh, you haven't tasted his soup, it's absolutely-"

[Jordan vs. Illusionists: 4+1 vs. 3-2-1-1]

He can't finish the sentence before his head is separated from his shoulders! The other three look at him in disbelief! This allows Jordan to decapitate all three in quick succession, with the rest of the people being none the wiser!

Below the reach of man...

[Acclimatization roll: 4]

Leon, still riding on a high of freedom, decides to try and get used to walking!

[Limb mastery roll: 1]

One of his halberd legs gets caught on the other and he tumbles backward, hitting the ground with an excruciatingly loud CLANK!

[Commotion roll: 1]

He hears massive amounts of footsteps approaching, clicking and clacking and whistling all the way! In but a few seconds, his captors have surrounded him! There is a loud clicking and clacking coming from several creatures near him!

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 03, 2012, 11:27:51 am »

Search their bodies! Maybe they have something useful!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 03, 2012, 11:32:51 am »

"Whirlwind of death!!!!!!"
Spin round as fast as I can and keep my limbs extended to cut down everyone around me.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 03, 2012, 11:42:27 am »

Look to see what the snail's worried about
((what happened to +1 INT? I'm not in sunlight.))
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 03, 2012, 11:49:00 am »

Sammy will just start looting things, dammit. Freakin' books man. Freakin' books.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 03, 2012, 12:17:03 pm »

Near one of the distressingly common piles of decapitated corpses in the Illusion Department...

Jordan decides that some gentlemanly trophy claiming is in order! All this killing cannot go unrewarded!

[Corpse looting roll: 1]

Jordan mills about indecisively a little bit before going for a bit of looting! As he lifts up the corpse to search its pockets, he hears somebody approach.

"Dammit, guys, soup's not ready yet! Must have been something else that smelled like-"

He notices the corpse of one of his friends floating around!

[Illusionist intelligence roll: 3]

"Oh bloody hell, there's some kind of supernatural force at work here! Hey guys, get over here! Look at this!"

Three other illusionists approach!

"Damn, that really is something!"

"Oh yes, it certainly is!"

"Get the Head Illusionist over here!"

One of them runs off!

Inside the archives of the Magical Botany Department...

James is most distressed to find that his snail is anxious about something! He tries to gauge what the problem might be!

[Intelligence roll: ?+1-1]

It appears to sense a mate and wishes to find it, its hermaphrodite snail brain having gotten the idea that getting its genitals bitten off is somehow a good idea! Silly snail.

Within the now apparently vacant Divination Department...

Samuel is not one to waste his time reading books, especially not ones written by that miserable bastard of a Head Diviner! Better to just begin stealing everything in sight.

[Looting roll: 4]

He heads downstairs and begins a sweep of the second floor! He finds a robe of sufficient pimpness to suit his hat and a cool-looking small skull made of silver that would fit neatly on his cane! The rest is either junk or BOOKS. Samuel wants nothing to do with those, thank you very much!

Deep down and far away...

Leon is down! But he will not compromise on the noble ideal of freedom! He attempts to spin around!

[Agility roll: 3-2]

He tries to propel himself from his prone position, but his limbs move too slowly to achieve an effective speed, so he just feebly rotates on his back! He hears a whistling come from all around him! He is once more seized by no fewer than ten sets of claws and carried back to the room he was last in! Then he is set down on the ground on his back. The room is completely silent.

[Perception roll: 3]

They seem to want something of him, but Leon isn't sure what exactly!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 12:19:21 pm by Harry Baldman »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 03, 2012, 12:19:06 pm »

Samuel will attach the skull to his cane, AND PUT ON THE ROBE, and then light all the books on fire. With magic. Skeletal fire magic. BOOOOOOOKS!!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 12:59:29 pm by Caerwyn »

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 03, 2012, 12:20:26 pm »

Well, Samuel now has a pimp cane, a pimp hat and a robe of sufficient pimpness.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 03, 2012, 12:21:39 pm »

slowly begin flexing my arms and legs ( or whatever they are now. ) to get used to them, if anything comes close go wolverine on it's ass and slice and dice it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 03, 2012, 12:23:12 pm »

Well, Samuel now has a pimp cane, a pimp hat and a robe of sufficient pimpness.

((Indeed. If he puts the robe on, he'll be hustlin' in style.))

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 03, 2012, 12:30:09 pm »

Attempt to find the snail's mate with it (more snail pets)
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 03, 2012, 01:05:02 pm »

Inside the halls of the Divination Department...

Samuel, in an action that will definitely work out in his favor, sticks the small silver skull on his cane!

[Skull effects: 6]

Wow. Not only does the skull look pretty cool, it actually improves the cane's magical focusing ability as well as its ability to bash in skulls! Feeling pretty good about himself, Samuel knows what he must do: wage war on the written word!

These books. They must die. Die screaming.

[Samuel magic roll: 1-1+1]

He raises his cane and calls upon magical flames to set these bastardly books on fire! Magical flaming canes appear! They set the books on fire! They set the floor on fire! They set the floor below this one on fire! They also set the two books that Samuel is carrying around on fire! Finally, they set everything around except for Samuel and his belongings on fire. Including the ceiling. Samuel is forced to bolt through the window to avoid losing his robe of sufficient pimpness and hat!

[Samuel agility roll: 3+1]

He does a valiant leap out of the window and lands nicely, stopping to extinguish a tiny flame on his hat!

[Fire roll: 6-1]

As soon as Samuel has dived out of the window, the fire suddenly stops, almost as though his presence was required to sustain it. The inside of the building is still largely obliterated, but at least the building itself still stands securely!

Within the Magical Botany Department...

James considers the snail to be his friend despite their initial differences, and decides to help his pet pick up some beautiful snail... some beautiful other snails.

[Snail mate hunt roll: 6]

He picks up the snail and runs into the garden area! There's bound to be snails there. And there are! Many giant snails on a giant willow tree, chowing down on giant leaves like there was no tomorrow!

He puts the snail on another snail and tells them to get down to business!

[Snail business roll: 4]

They're a bit shy at first, but they warm up to one another soon enough and get down and dirty with each other!

An hour later, James can consider himself educated on matters of mollusc copulation! Well, you learn something new every day. Although James feels he might have done without this particular bit of information just fine!

His snail companion looks a bit sad, though. Well, he knew the risks.

Below the surface of the earth, where darkness rules...

Leon, mystified at what his purpose here might be, decides to take the time to get used to his limbs some more!

[Limb mastery roll: 5]

He flexes! He stretches! He moves his legs in all manner of directions! He manages to even flex his body a bit! He's starting to get used to this metal surrogate of a body he's in!

[? roll: ?]

He hears lots of whistling! There is one especially low whistle coming from one end of the room.

[Perception roll: 2]

He has no idea what any of this might mean. Perhaps they mean to kill him now? He decides to keep swinging with all of his limbs just in case! The whistling intensifies!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 03, 2012, 01:09:08 pm »

Keep working my body until I'm certain I know how to use it properly, continue to work my limbs to prevent anybody from getting close.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 03, 2012, 01:17:45 pm »

Head back to the filing room with my pet/s and read up on the flora.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 719