Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557067 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter Two: Books, Baubles and Boyfriends!
« Reply #225 on: November 01, 2012, 04:46:30 pm »

Walk to the university, hoping to miraculously find some form of sun shade lying by the road.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 01, 2012, 04:47:53 pm »

"I say, chap, I have a brilliant idea of how to get past this here barricade!"
Swing my axe of Displacement, teleporting myself past the barricade!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 01, 2012, 04:56:21 pm »

Put on the officers leather armor then look for a shop where I can sell the rest of it.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 01, 2012, 05:00:52 pm »

Samuel will give a clackety nod to Axe-man, and try to find an alternate route in. If only poor Sammy could talk, he could tell about that message with hints he had received...Good luck, Axe-man! *snicker*

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 01, 2012, 08:23:26 pm »

Oh-Boy, this looks fun!  Could I be waitlisted?

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 02, 2012, 01:52:33 am »

((Sure. Just submit a character sheet.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 02, 2012, 03:59:38 am »

At the University of Magic...

Jordan has an idea in that decomposing brain of his! He says so!

"I say, chap, I have a brilliant idea of how to get past this here barricade!"

He will use his Displacement Axe's capabilities to teleport himself past the barricade going into one of the buildings! He stands next to a barricade and swings!

His image does indeed transport itself past the barricade for a short period of time! However, it soon disappears, leaving the real Jordan on the wrong side of the barricade the entire time!

[Mob reaction roll: 1]

"Look over there! It's a walking corpse! And he's got a magical axe of some kind!"

"Should we get 'im?"

"You heard the man! Get 'im!"

The mob descends upon Jordan! While it does so, Samuel searches for an alternate way inside one of the faculty buildings!

[Faculty building choice roll: 5]
[Search roll: 1]

He walks to what he believes is the Divination Department and kicks at the barricade a bit! It doesn't yield!

[Samuel will roll: 2]

Samuel is very angered at this development! He proceeds to begin whacking the barricade with his cane relentlessly to no effect! He hears a voice from up top!

[? roll: ?]

"I have foreseen your coming, skeleton! Come in, and we shall negotiate!"

[? magic roll: 5+1]

Samuel feels himself being lifted into the air! He rises three stories, then gets pulled in through a window! He finds himself in the company of five elderly wizards, all of them dressed in the standard grey robes of the Divination Department! One of the wizards is wearing an interesting-looking amulet!

[Handy exposition roll: 6]

"The visions told me you would come while I was sitting on the toilet yesterday morning, reading my morning book (it was a paper on visceromancy, fascinating stuff, really, I would recommend it to anyone with even a passing interest in divination), but I know not your name and intentions! I am the Head Diviner of this university, and I have the scrying amulet to prove it!" he says, holding up his amulet!

"State your business here or I shall smite you!"

Near the lair of Bernie, the great and magical...

Leon, weighed down by a whole lot of equipment, decides that unloading it somewhere would be the best idea!

[Leon local knowledge roll: 4]

There is a town that's about a three hour walk to the east. And it supposedly has an armorer, unlike Richardsburgh! But first, the best garment has to be put on! He drops everything to the ground and puts the officer's bloody levy leather armor on!

Well, he doesn't smell so bad anymore. Sure, he smells like a victim of a bloody beating and evisceration, but at least he doesn't quite smell like a rank corpse! That's a start.

That being done, he picks up everything again!

[Leon strength roll: 3+1]

Leon struggles a bit, but manages to hold everything on his back! He decides to go for the other town, Kerwood!

[Leon speedy traveling roll: 2-2]

He forgets to turn when he reaches the road and keeps going straight on through the wilderness! He walks for an hour until he realizes that there's no road! And that he's totally lost in the woods!

Vincent, having no idea where the university is, decides to follow the road until he sees a person to ask for directions! In an hour, he has reached Richardsburgh! There used to be many buildings here! There's a person, too. He's naked and dead!

On the road westward...

The approaching dawn does little to give James confidence in his abilities! He decides to look for a sun shade while he's strolling along!

[James search roll: 4-1]

He finds a small narrow-brimmed hat hanging from a tree branch on his way! He grabs it and puts it on!

[Resistance roll: 1-1]

A swarm of insects pours out over his head! It scratches, bites and infests his previously immaculate skin! James is now a breeding ground for insectoid forces of pestilence!

Oh well. At least he has a hat. Just as he thinks so, the hat disintegrates, having lost the insects that held it together!

He keeps going. Dawn breaks on the wilderness. He is about halfway to the university.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 05:10:33 am by Harry Baldman »

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 02, 2012, 05:57:07 am »

Go back to Bernie and ask for directions.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 02, 2012, 06:05:41 am »

Retrace my steps then follow the road to the town and sell all the spare equipment.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 02, 2012, 06:25:52 am »

Deep in the wilderness...

Leon realizes that this would be the time for some clever navigation! He attempts to retrace his steps!

[Leon navigation roll: 1]

He decides that he obviously must have gone south! Easy mistake to make! He heads northward, eager to correct his mistake!

[Leon wilderness traveling roll: 2-2]

He proceeds at a brisk pace, navigating all the obstacles in front of him! However, he neglects to take notice of obstacles under himself! He suddenly loses his footing on some unsteady ground and falls into a deep hole in the ground, plummeting downward for what seems like forever! He loses his grip on his halberds and garments, making them fly everywhere!

[Leon fall damage roll: 1]

He hits a stone floor with a loud crunching impact! His legs are broken! Not a second passes before he is stabbed through the torso by no less than four falling halberds and buried in a rain of bloody garments! What a fantastic way to start a day!

[Commotion roll: 4]

At least nothing else seems to want to kill him. Yet.

At the still smoking ruins of Richardsburgh...

Vincent, surprised at the lack of any sentient life to pester in the ruined town, decides to go back and pester Bernie instead!

[Vincent speedy traveling roll: 5]

He sprints back in no more than 10 minutes and runs up to Bernie! He attempts to ask him where the university is!

[Skeletal communication roll: ?-2]

"Oh, that's easy. Go south a ways until you reach the road, then head east. In about three hours of walking you will be there. Wonder what my sister wants from there, though."

Vincent is delighted at hearing that the university is not far at all and heads there immediately!

[Vincent speedy traveling roll: 2]

It takes him a while to trudge through the forest and reach the road, but he's definitely getting there!

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 06:29:10 am by Harry Baldman »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 02, 2012, 06:29:02 am »

(( Uhm wow I'm kinda doomed already then, since I have no idea where I am I'm cut up and have broken legs I'm pretty much doomed. Btw what is the -2 for? ))

Put my leg bones back in place and will them to heal, then collect my equipment and head to the town again.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 06:35:09 am by mesor »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 02, 2012, 06:54:02 am »

((The -2 comes from the fact that you are a zombie and thus not very good at navigating obstacles and the fact that you thought carrying an arsenal on your back was a good idea. Both of those complicate wilderness travel quite a bit.))

Deep underneath the woods...

Leon feels that he is in terrible danger! This is no time to have both of his legs broken! Having no reasonable alternative, he wills his legs to fix themselves!

[Leon will magic roll: 1-2]

His legs do not fix themselves! They do not fix themselves at all! Well, if they're determined to be that way, let's see how they like this! He bursts from the garment pile while roaring, tearing a halberd from his chest and chopping both of his legs off! There! Now they won't disturb him any longer! He stands up on both his arms, three halberds still sticking out from his belly!

[Commotion roll: 2]

His roar rings out and echoes through wherever he is in, and the sound of rapid footsteps is heard approaching him! Leon cannot see a single thing in the pitch black darkness all around him! He can, however, feel that something is around him.

[Reaction roll: 4]

He feels odd, many-taloned hands search around his body and feel its shape and consistency! There is a slight squeak and a scurrying sound, and Leon feels himself get carried away, unable to resist! After about twenty minutes of rapid motion, he feels cold stone on his back once more. Feeling around with his arms, Leon can tell that he is on a slab of some kind. For what purpose, though, he cannot say. There is an odd reverberating hum in the air, though.

[? roll: 3]

Suddenly a great beast made of what seems to be metal descends on him! It slices, dices and... replaces? What's going on? Whatever it is, it seems that Leon can thank his lucky stars that he's a zombie and thus largely immune to pain, otherwise this would hurt like hell.

Eventually, it rises up from Leon, having done what whatever it was trying to do. Leon feels an unusual absence of halberds in his chest.

((Whoops. Sorry about rushing like that, what with you having edited your action. The result would have been much the same, though. Magic has to be backed with some kind of knowledge unless you roll a 6.))
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 06:56:43 am by Harry Baldman »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 02, 2012, 06:58:02 am »

Assess my new body

(( You could of warned me I'd get a negative roll from it lol in most games it would not have had any effect or I'd have carried less. ))

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 02, 2012, 07:08:54 am »

Keep following Bernie's directions.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 02, 2012, 07:15:06 am »

((Well, it was a total of seven halberds and ten suits of armor. A line has to be drawn somewhere, I think. Besides, you already got it once (horribly encumbered penalty was mentioned one update before you fell down) and you had to roll for strength to pick all of it up. Twice. I would say that you were sufficiently warned.))

Somewhere deep down under...

Leon assesses the state of his body! The lack of halberds in his chest is nice, he has to admit. There is, however a notable surplus of one halberd on each of his limbs!

His missing legs have been replaced with halberds! So have his not-missing arms! The rest seems to be mostly untouched, aside from the holes in his chest, which seem to have been covered up with tiny metal patches!

There is a whirring and clicking, then a sliding sound. Something grabs Leon by the arms and legs and begins to drag him out!

Somewhere less dark and frightening...

Vincent begins to follow the road to the east! After three hours of walking he has reached a walled-in compound of some sort. He hears the pleasant voices of singing maidens coming from beyond the walls!

There is a large oaken gate blocking the way in as well as a raised drawbridge, and there appears to be a deep water-filled moat all around the compound. What is up with this place?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 719