Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 709 710 [711] 712 713 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 558355 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #10650 on: July 14, 2015, 07:08:26 am »

Calm down, you are undead, act like it! Be stoic about this, I'll have you out before your bones rot away.

Scott will use his singular dimensionality to slide under the rocks and lift them one by one...or get completely bored and attempt to crush them in his grasp. Which ever works.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 03:37:21 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10651 on: July 14, 2015, 07:53:58 am »

Mark pauses a moment as a very quiet voice echos out of his mind. Recognizing the voice as his common sense he quickly ignores it and pushes the button that the shadow did before leaving the controls.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #10652 on: July 14, 2015, 09:40:42 am »

Finished reading the whole thread right now (started some time ago, though had a long break with beginning of July), and I must say that it's both awesome and crazy. If the waitlist is still open, I'm posting a character sheet.

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10653 on: July 14, 2015, 10:13:58 am »

Finish breaking it and inspect the other side!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #10654 on: July 15, 2015, 05:01:06 pm »

Morton shuffles to himself and gives an instinctual "yes sir, sorry sir." to the strange being as his mind wonders elsewhere now. Seems they aren't aware of Morton's bodily predicament (too dark to see him, perhaps), and decided it was best to probably keep it that way. A few ideas flitted through Morton's mind as what to do, ranging from assaulting the man (unthinkable), conversation (improbable), and discretion (plausible). A goal though, is the best of motivators: he must find good surgeon Mark and good mage Wilma.

The desk floated away from the hatch and inspected the door once more. It was the way he came, but also leads to where he and Wilma got separated. Perhaps its worth another look and a bit more effort... Once his strange captor is away.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10655 on: July 16, 2015, 12:16:12 pm »

"Oh. I'll take that as a 'You've been cursed to kill anyone you speak with.'"
Leave.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10656 on: July 22, 2015, 03:06:29 am »

"I wonder if there are any villages in this country that don't suffer from some eerie phenomenon..."
Cautiously approach the village.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10657 on: July 23, 2015, 07:34:35 am »

In the ruins of the fallen Black Tower of Eckledun...

Scott urges calm in this distressing situation.

~Calm down, you are undead, act like it! Be stoic about this, I'll have you out before your bones rot away,~ he thinks at the rubble, and the shrieking immediately stops. Now in a much better state of mind, Scott slides into the rubble easily, starting to lift out bits of rubble.

[Telekinesis roll: 4]

He hefts a bit of wall off the rubble, sending it sliding down the side of the ruins. This proves to be quite an undertaking, taking quite a bit out of the poor ghost, but it does clear a reasonable amount of the rubble atop the area the shriek seems to have been indicating. Picking several more bits of architecture out, Scott is making considerable headway on the rubble, getting about halfway down. Fortunately quite a bit of the rubble is in smaller chunks than the other bits, but soon enough he comes upon what he suspects to be the remnants of Francine's chambers - these seem to be in a considerably larger set of pieces than the other rubble.

[Telekinesis roll: 2]

Indeed, these pieces seem a bit too heavy to lift with any degree of success. Perhaps a new method is in order.

~You're getting very close,~ the voice of Francine suddenly pipes up in his head. ~Keep at it! Sorry about shrieking in your brain earlier, by the way. That was more of a distress call than specifically addressed to you.~

In the control room of a giant void eel...

Mark considers briefly why it might be that his efforts are not producing much in the way of results. He's pushed all the buttons, after all. Well, there's one he didn't push, or rather it was a switch - the one the shadow fellow flipped before his untimely demise. Ignoring his common sense and failing to thank his lucky stars for the lack of catastrophes thus far, he flicks that very same switch. The panels full of widgets and whatsits light up, indicating that something was definitely just done, but the void eel continues on its course unimpeded and unbothered.

Question is, does Mark feel lucky enough to bother it further?

In an improperly sealed stone chamber...

Sigmund, his efforts finally meeting some success, tries to pierce a larger hole in the wall.

[Magic roll: 2]

He keeps slamming that fist of presence into the wall, but the crack fails to widen any further. Damn it. A different approach is probably required.

In captivity inside a great void beast...

Morton, instinctively issuing a quiet apology to the shadowy figure, floats away from the hatch and checks out the door. His captor, after laughing for a minute or so, finally goes away to attend to his own business. This is what Morton has been waiting for, of course. He works his tentacular appendages under the door and gives it his best.

[Strength roll: 3]

He manages to widen the crack he's already made some further - probably enough to be able to slide on under it with a minimum of crumpling incurred on his demonology handbook. Beyond the door, of course, there seems to be only darkness, but it does happen to be the likely path to good mage Wilma, so the darkness he may very well need to brave to find her.

In a newly ownerless store...

Darren begins to understand his predicament.

"Oh. I'll take that as a 'You've been cursed to kill anyone you speak with.'"

The dead storekeeper implies consent with his silence, and Darren takes that as his cue to leave. Would be disrespectful to loot his store while he's dead, of course. Moving back out into the streets, he takes a look around. No people wandering the streets, fortunately for them. Must not be a very busy time of day.

Outside an eerily phenomenated village...

Kevin moves toward the village, carefully looking about, but finding very little that is outright threatening rather than merely highly ominous - approaching closer, the only thing properly noticeable is the deathly stillness of the place, all of it slightly intensified by the odd sound of the wind. Crossing over a half-broken bridge running over one of the creeks, Kevin comes into the village proper, which remains as lifeless as the rest of the area. As he walks through the village streets, he suddenly hears a sound coming from behind him. Being on edge throughout the approach, he flips around to look at it.

What he sees, unfortunately, is distressingly familiar. The large, scarred, upright shape of a wandering murder-dolphin, its beady eyes staring right at him, mouth slightly open and spiky teeth showing. Worse, it seems to be holding something between its flippers - a cabbage, bright pink and probably extremely delicious. Balancing precariously on its tail, the dolphin appears to be hopping toward Kevin, seemingly proffering the cabbage insistently.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10658 on: July 23, 2015, 09:29:12 am »

"Well, could be worse. I guess."
Slink off into the wilderness.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10659 on: July 23, 2015, 11:53:32 pm »

Use all telekinetic strength to smash larger rocks from the side to either roll them off or break them down.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #10660 on: July 24, 2015, 04:45:45 pm »

The desk hesitated for a moment. He must press forward, for the sake of his comrades. Morton took a deep (if ineffectual due to not having lungs) breath and slowly let it out, centering himself before concentrating on the task at hand. The apostle of the tea leaf may be called many things, but one who abandons friends is not one.

The desk moves past the door and dials his light up.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10661 on: July 24, 2015, 08:09:05 pm »

Mark hesitates then sanity making a small come back in his mind pushes one button at a time to see what it does and learn how to fly this thing
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10662 on: July 25, 2015, 12:54:02 pm »

Abscond in the direction I was going.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10663 on: July 25, 2015, 01:10:15 pm »

Well, if just using blunt force is not the best idea, maybe penetrative force? it would be a matter of shaping your will into a sharpened tip, to create holes, from which just some good hits would cause the wall to fall.

blazing glory

« Reply #10664 on: July 25, 2015, 01:23:22 pm »

((Doing my occasional check in, anyone dying yet?))
Pages: 1 ... 709 710 [711] 712 713 ... 719