Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556808 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #10575 on: June 24, 2015, 10:56:23 am »

"Sorry, I've got places to be."
Depart, if he tries to stop me, use my incredibly sharp doubly double-edged sword.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10576 on: June 24, 2015, 03:13:38 pm »

((Huh...
A single tear falls.))

Scott will search for the tower, these mages must answer for their perversions with fire, swords, pokey things and squelches!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 11:44:09 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #10577 on: June 24, 2015, 05:09:17 pm »

Morton did his best to not worry about what he was carrying. He really did. But each little noise was a dagger as he knew he probably ruined the tea for his friends. He could only hope he could redeem himself of the sacrifice of tea.

To take his mind off of his accidental sins against tea kind, the tea apostle went about the task of trying to collect his allies and move them towards the red light as best he could. Perhaps his levitation could come of assistance.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10578 on: June 25, 2015, 01:38:09 am »

Sigmund, you may wish to show the skull mage that you're sapient. I also have a strange feeling that he's trying to give himself a head start in running away from the beast. After all, he doesn't have to outrun the beast, just you.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10579 on: June 25, 2015, 05:07:32 am »

Mark uses his soul visiontm to look around the void and see if there is anything around
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10580 on: June 25, 2015, 09:34:22 am »

In a distressed chamber in an otherwise unknown location...

As his captor disappears through the door, which in turn shuts with what seems like increased tightness after his passing, Sigmund springs into action himself, dismounting from the phylactery and placing it on the ground, then trying to get some kind of stone weapon he could use to defend himself from sinister predation.

[Magic roll: 2]

Unfortunately, it's a little difficult to squeeze out stone from what is, as far as he can tell, a completely uniform wall of stone in a chamber that's been shaped from what is probably a single great chunk of stone - the technique used here is a bit more advanced than what he's got, whether the respective users know it or not. This stone's been grown, Sigmund suspects. With that in mind, he checks the headless wizard on the ground, both normally and with his magical vision, and finds that the focus is located in the man's pelvis - embedded in there, he suspects. It's a crystal with telekinetic properties - unfortunately, the focus is keyed to a soul that's not here, probably the dead guy's, and it's a bit messy in its execution, which ought to complicate its realignment a bit.

In a cannibal's haunted abode...

Kevin's general tolerance for lunacy clearly ends at creepy marriage proposals. It's time to leave.

"Sorry, I've got places to be," he says and starts to leave. The cannibal, of course, reacts predictably.

"No! Thash what she did!" he says with alarm, running toward Kevin. Fortunately, Kevin's quite ready for shenanigans of this nature.

[Kevin vs. Cannibal: 6+1 vs. 1]

Using both the cannibal's momentum and his own, he rams the large dagger straight through the man's throat and spine, letting it come out the other end - sharp indeed, this sword of his. Before the cannibal can bleed too much over him, he kicks the man off and lets him sprawl across the floor, confusion and fear in his eyes as his last moments come upon him. Not missing a beat, Kevin breaks into a sprint and, assuming the door to have locked behind him, dives through the window instead, landing right outside.

[Endurance roll: 4]

The experience leaves him mildly lacerated, but very much free - a wonderful thing, he notes, since the next thing he hears is the entire house roar wildly with some kind of internal rage. Probably good that he didn't stick around for much longer, really.

In the ruins of a once-proud alleyway...

His work done or at the very least futile, Scott vamooses as quickly as he can from the scene of the crime, and starts to look for that insidious Black Tower of Eckledun, which is fortunately not very far away at all! Far enough for plausible deniability, of course, but near enough to be convenient. A sweet spot of sorts.

What's more, it actually looks somewhat unharmed. Although the front door is admittedly missing, revealing a solid stone wall to be beyond it. There also appears to have been some kind of explosion at this entrance, judging by the splattered and charred human remains.

In a dark expanse between worlds...

It takes Morton surprisingly little time to realize that his ability to generate propulsion might come in handy mid-fall, and so he flies over to Mark, who seems to be trying hard to see something in this whole lot of nothing and evidently failing. It takes a little bit more before he gets Mark over to Wilma, who seems to be surprisingly calm.

"Seems like you two got through all right," she says. "Sorry about going first like that, I just figured we shouldn't waste time, you know?"

The red light still appears impossibly distant, Morton thinks, a single point in the presumably far distance. In the minutes it took to catch up with Wilma it has still grown no larger. Morton considers this for a second before Mark somewhat rudely bumps him on the surface, pointing somewhere off in the distance. Morton's a little unsure of what he might mean, which causes Mark to point a little harder. And for just a moment, something sticks out to Morton. A portion of the black void, almost invisible in this lack of light, can barely be distinguished, the red light from the distance glinting off on its slick surface before it veers off into the distance, becoming invisible once more.

"What's she pointing at?" Wilma asks with concern in her voice.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10581 on: June 25, 2015, 09:58:26 am »

Check the place. What kind of place is this? Also look for any kind of stone I could easily arrange into a projectile.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10582 on: June 25, 2015, 11:16:56 am »

((time to run away, i've probably used up all of my lucky rolls for another five turns :P))
Jog away at a decent page in the direction I was going.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10583 on: June 25, 2015, 11:46:02 am »

Scott will journey to the top and prepare to confront the perpetrators in 'a moral debate'.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 11:49:17 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #10584 on: June 25, 2015, 07:34:54 pm »

"No need for apologies, I for one am just glad we all are in one piece and with our minds intac--I, ah, as they quite were before, yes yes." Morton hurried along. "I believe good surgeon Mark spotted something in the distance, as did I. Most peculiar! Perhaps an exit, or something of note. Maybe the proprietor of this realm? Hmmm." The desk wondered aloud.

"Well, nothing wrong with a little investigation?"

Showing the question to be purely rhetorical, the apostle of the tea leaf investigated the strange thing off in the distance with his friends in tow.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10585 on: June 26, 2015, 04:35:47 am »

Mark poses dramaticly pointing at the object while riding his friend the flying desk
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10586 on: June 26, 2015, 06:54:59 am »

In a monolithic entrance chamber...

Sigmund goes ahead and checks out the rest of this weird chamber, and for a moment feels a bit silly, since he seems to have completely forgotten previously that there's a perfectly good upturned obelisk just lying around, ripe for the picking and throwing. A bit heavier than your average javelin, but not like it terribly matters with the forces Sigmund can typically output. Oddly, it seems to be enchanted with the same kind of backwards set of ancillary coordinates as the skull pillar he regarded previously, which does give him a slight clue as to what its purpose might have been.

Other than that and the corpse, the chamber is surprisingly bare and utilitarian - seems like some kind of combination of entrance hall and containment chamber (the massive hole in the ceiling hinting at a considerable failure in the latter function). The chamber itself is cylindrical and very tall. Other than that, plus a whole bunch of rubble from the broken bits of wall and ceiling, there's nothing else of note that Sigmund can see around this place. The door's shut, and a quick approach fails to make them open on their own. Hm. There's also a bunch of distant noises, but nothing particularly distinct. Probably doesn't help that he's inside an isolated stone chamber in that respect.

Outside a cannibal's cabin...

Kevin continues his steady vacation of the premises, jogging off into the night, not letting the bleeding or roaring bother him one bit, or even the way the goat screams at him as he passes it. Leaving all this nonsense behind, Kevin finds himself on the road again in decreasingly illuminated conditions, and realizes that his prediction of not being able to see more than three meters ahead of him has proven unnervingly accurate soon enough. Eventually he can barely keep on the road, which culminates in him stumbling and falling into a roadside ditch.

When he tries to get up and realizes how little he seems to feel like it, Kevin comes to the conclusion that he's quite exhausted. It's been a very long day. He also starts to feel very hungry, a feeling that his strenuous activity thus far has served well to suppress.

At the Black Tower of Eckledun...

Intent on getting to the bottom of this, Scott ascends up along the tower, looking for an obvious entrance to try out. Fortunately, there's a giant melted hole in the side of it, almost good enough to be Scott's own handiwork. A bit too precise, though, with no passion visible in its making, and the pink around the fringes is a little unfortunate as well. The hole, about twenty meters in diameter, looks like it has managed to destroy an almost perfect half-sphere on the inside of the tower, making the whole structure from there on up considerably lopsided and seemingly not too far off from falling over on its own. In the very center of half-sphere, Scott notices, is a floating brick, spinning at an extreme speed to the point where it appears to only slightly rotate. An interesting-looking thing to be sure.

The rooms bisected by the hemispherical absence appear to be entirely ruined, their contents either missing or unrecognizably mutilated and turned slightly pinkish. All in all, looks like the party was started and possibly even concluded without him, Scott notes with considerable disappointment, only to be immediately proven wrong.

~You!~ goes the familiar voice of Francine, bender of minds. She seems distraught. ~Where did you come from?~

In the lonely void...

Morton starts to guide the others toward the last sighting of the shiny black thing. The shiny black thing could be useful, after all, as shiny things often are. Using Mark as a compass of sorts, since he seems to have the best idea of where the thing might be, he moves a bit off-trajectory to check what's going on in that direction.

Mark, meanwhile, keeps an eye out for the thing, and seems to get a lock on it soon enough - it's something relatively large, he thinks, quick, adept at sailing through the void. Its shape leaves him with a bit of a fishy impression, and... huh, it seems to be coming for him right now. Must not like being pointed at.

[Mark's dodge roll: 6+1]

As it sails right in his direction, foolishly assuming Mark can't see it as far as he can tell, he ducks. Instinctively, Wilma follows his lead, though she's latching on to Morton's side and in less of a precarious location than Mark, who has elected to surf atop Morton this entire time.

The shape, a great eel-like thing with a metallic, scaleless form, sails right over Mark. This would be the end of the current engagement, obviously, though Mark does feel a bit curious, and grabs onto one of the thing's fins, dismounting from Morton as he climbs on his new carrier. It's a somewhat large thing, he notes with curiosity as it twists and tries to shake him off. Definitely larger than your average shark.

[Mark's strength roll: 4]

It's also not particularly slippery, and seems to have quite a few places to latch onto and clamber about on. Some of them look like deliberate handholds, even. Looking back, he notices the shapes of Morton and Wilma grow a bit small, then radically change orientation as the fins of this voidfish start expelling some sort of colorless liquid in a radically different direction from before. What odd predicaments he finds himself in, truly.

Morton and Wilma, meanwhile, lose sight of Mark entirely, and really don't feel much other than a sudden whooshing sound and the abrupt disappearance of their good comrade in arms.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10587 on: June 26, 2015, 07:12:17 am »

(Void ell? I can tell this is going to be fun.)
Mark holds tight to the handhold like sections of the void eel and starts trying to maneuver it back to the others. A prize like this needs onlookers to be amazed by.
My Sig

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10588 on: June 26, 2015, 07:56:15 am »

Nestle into the ditch where it is hard for me to be seen from the road, then go to sleep.
These new needs make Kevin regret losing his magical body more than ever.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10589 on: June 26, 2015, 04:43:17 pm »

From a fiendish trap and a battle against magical perversion and Xylophagic cowards! I charge you to answer for the current state of affairs 'fore I lay its cause at your 'feet'!
Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 ... 719