Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 702 703 [704] 705 706 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556787 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #10545 on: April 23, 2015, 06:59:07 pm »

@Tomcost: You might want to take note of the coordinates that the mage is summoning the skulls from. I have a hunch it might be that planet that Samuskull made. Who knows, maybe you'll be able to go there, find the remains of Samuskull, and restore him to his former glory (or you could just use him as a focus)!

Unfortunately, that planet was made out of silver skulls, not bone. Anyway, I hope I will bea ble to find something about that.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10546 on: April 23, 2015, 09:18:07 pm »

@Tomcost: You might want to take note of the coordinates that the mage is summoning the skulls from. I have a hunch it might be that planet that Samuskull made. Who knows, maybe you'll be able to go there, find the remains of Samuskull, and restore him to his former glory (or you could just use him as a focus)!

Unfortunately, that planet was made out of silver skulls, not bone. Anyway, I hope I will bea ble to find something about that.
Speaking of Samuskull/cane/el, can we revive him if his soul is still in the domain of the demon of greed? If not, we might need a character who worships Samuel or something so that he can exchange his servitude for Samuel's. He would probably need godly guidance to know where Sameul is, though.

Idea: A character that is controlled by non-players and waitlisters (but not the GM). It would be like a SG, giving people who are itching to play the ability to scratch that itch.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10547 on: April 24, 2015, 08:13:23 am »

Mark writes down a note to give to Wilma "Wilma do you know how to make a magic focus that doesnt take a few days to make?"
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #10548 on: April 25, 2015, 12:12:40 pm »

[Very sorry for the late action! Anyway, I see two ways out now: one, Mark mentions or remembers that going further ahead of ourselves leads us to the 1/2 way mark even though we had prior reached the 2/3 way mark, which means we must turn around and go backwards in an attempt to leave, or two we take a gamble and try to ferry ourselves out through demon powers.

EDIT: Aaaaand I forgot to put a bolded "this is what I did" thing at the end. Darnit.]

Morton had pondered what could be done in this most dire of situations, taking the needed moment to calm himself to what is appropriate for one of his position and station. Much better.

"Hm... Perhaps... Perhaps." The desk queried himself as he went about searching his drawers for the Big Book of Demonology. He might be able to attempt from memory, but such seemed unwise to the desk. "I might know a way we can leave, provided I happen to have it on me... Oh, where are you..." The desk continued to root around in his drawers as he expressed to the group his plan. "Perhaps not the wisest course of action, but I'm certain it would get us out of this dreadful situation. If I could make a portal to one of the more milder demons, we might be able to bargain for leave of this situation. ...Say, Wilma, can you perhaps sing?"

Relay possible plan to group!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 09:47:12 pm by Xanmyral »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10549 on: April 25, 2015, 09:43:13 pm »

"Hey, uhh, what's up?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10550 on: May 07, 2015, 01:27:17 pm »

On the road again...

Kevin continues on the long road leading... somewhere. Perhaps it is home, perhaps yet more danger. Perhaps the gub, which are in many ways both of those. Fortunately, it's a lonely road he's got ahead of him, so he's got plenty of time to consider how exactly the world is about to make him pay for that nice Mantra he seems to have got for practically free.

The woods get darker and the sun goes lower and lower until Kevin finds himself at borderline dusk conditions. Soon enough it's going to be pretty difficult to see more than three meters ahead of him, and honestly it feels like the hour of the werewolf is upon any bastard poor enough to find himself in the woods alone right now.

Luckily for him, though, he's not alone! Or so he thinks - there's a log cabin slightly off the path, seemingly newly-built, its windows dimly lit with a blue light clearly coming from the inside. Outside is a goat tied to a post, resting in the middle of a miniature circular wasteland of its own making. Upon Kevin's approach it gets up immediately, eagerly walking toward him until the rope prohibits it from going further - at this point it rises on its hind legs and keeps walking, the legs moving forward until the goat, its upper half still arrested by the rope, loses balance and falls backward, rolling on its side and pulling its legs up close. It cranes its head toward Kevin, looking at him like an excited dog.

Next to a tower of skulls...

Sigmund decides to take a cautious route, and circles the guy on the pillar until he's managed to get completely behind him. Putting down the sphere in a location hopefully far enough away to escape magical retribution, he advances on the pillar discreetly, all the while keeping his meta-eyes on the man and his odd magic.

Well! A closer look indicates that it's not a bone that the man's using to do magic. In fact, it seems to actually be some kind of bolt, though made of a material completely unknown to Sigmund. Something exotic, no doubt. It appears to be programmed to shoot out some kind of thing a hundred times every second or so, or several somethings, and that's in addition to its magic apparently granting the ability to create matter. Not just bone. Matter.

Anyway, the guy seems completely unaware of Sigmund's presence, which is a little unfortunate, because it appears to have resulted in Sigmund's poor head getting encased in the now more quickly expanding pillar while he was busy ogling the mage's interesting bolt. It gets him a pretty good look at the pillar, confirming that it does appear to have some backwards coordinate system attached to it. It's not even stated in any kind of coherent number, he quickly notices.

At a pond of purest pink...

Scott begins to deduce the truth behind this whole silliness.

"That is not the voice that previously came from the creature, was it an observer or a puppet master? Maybe even a costumed organisation? Have the wizards banded up into a huge false flag operation for some unknown profit potential? Hrmmm."

Of course, functionally it makes absolutely no difference, aside from wizard machinations being slightly more appealing on account of there actually being faces he could burn off in revenge for all this. And with that, he resumes the search, taking a quick look around.

Fortunately, he thinks he sees something in the alley nearby. It looks kind of like three shapes, a little indistinct, which is strange, given that they are about ten meters away from Scott. Moving closer to check if his eye-equivalents still work, he notices that of the three blobby shadows, two have a very vertical sort of character, while one is a little more horizontal and, he would dare to venture, quite desk-like. Maybe that's what he's looking for?

Inside an endless alley...

Mark urgently scribbles a note with an important question and passes it to Wilma, who reads it and frowns. She looks at him apologetically.

"No. In a word, no. Unless you want to make a large virgin blood sacrifice to the magic god, and I'm fairly sure I'm not a virgin. Although..." she looks Mark over slowly, "... I don't know that you're not a virgin, so I could sacrifice you, if you didn't really mind? I'm getting a little desperate here."

"Hm... Perhaps... Perhaps," Morton begins, fishing inside himself for his Big Book of Demonology, "I might know a way we can leave, provided I happen to have it on me... Oh, where are you..."

He continues to search for a moment in his untold reaches for the helpful tome, hoping that it's not been lost in the one or more body transformations and transitions that he's undergone in the past few days.

"Perhaps not the wisest course of action, but I'm certain it would get us out of this dreadful situation. If I could make a portal to one of the more milder demons, we might be able to bargain for leave of this situation... Say, Wilma, can you perhaps sing?"

"Not well, but I'll try anything?" she shrugs in response, just as Morton pulls out the book he's been looking for, electing not to ask questions on whether it was supposed to be in there at all. He resists the urge to say "aha!" Meanwhile, the walls of the alley continue to creek and start to sway unnervingly.

In a scavenger's shop...

Darren, carefully regarding the store, but finding no sign of any occupants, cautiously greets the place anyway.

"Hey, uhh, what's up?"

The furniture elects not to respond. Probably for the best.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10552 on: May 07, 2015, 01:49:05 pm »

((dont worry, i know how it feels :P))
Knock on the door.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10553 on: May 07, 2015, 06:05:19 pm »

Mark helps Morton in any way to get out of here also watching incase something crawls through the weakened walls

(I fully expect we could excape through simply turning around and walking away but not willing to risk it with an eldrich abomination trying to eat us)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10554 on: May 07, 2015, 07:38:34 pm »

I know how Kevin can use the mantra with less of a downside! All he has to do is cast the inverse of the spell he just said next time he casts the mantra. For instance, he could cast the mantra and say he wanted to remove his outermost layer of clothes and his most recently acquired sword.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10555 on: May 09, 2015, 02:33:30 pm »

Scott will dart at full speed at one of the vertical figures
Obviously some wizard crafting a ward to prevent any disturbance of his perverse xylophagious(?) habits!
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #10556 on: May 13, 2015, 03:10:44 pm »

The desk quickly began flipping through the book for the portal circles, hoping there's a few mild demons in there. Although... A speaking portal to the truth demon could work too. He keeps his options open.

Meanwhile through his search though, the tea apostle multitasked and explained. "Good, good enough, good mage Wilma! You see, demons are often dreadfully bored beings, so entertainment is oft a pleasant way to persuade them to help one. Now then, crash course: do not grovel or they will take all they can, do not demand or they will spite you, don't be boring, be confident and treat them politely! We will be a guest in their realm and must act as one." Morton nodded. "Yes, yes, if all go wells we'll escape this dreadful situation most swiftly." He chirped optimistically.

[Oh shoot! I just realized I didn't do the [good/bad/_] [profession/mr/ms/mrs] Wilma last turn. Darn it, must of slipped my mind.]

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10557 on: May 14, 2015, 04:56:17 am »

The desk quickly began flipping through the book for the portal circles, hoping there's a few mild demons in there. Although... A speaking portal to the truth demon could work too. He keeps his options open.

Meanwhile through his search though, the tea apostle multitasked and explained. "Good, good enough, good mage Wilma! You see, demons are often dreadfully bored beings, so entertainment is oft a pleasant way to persuade them to help one. Now then, crash course: do not grovel or they will take all they can, do not demand or they will spite you, don't be boring, be confident and treat them politely! We will be a guest in their realm and must act as one." Morton nodded. "Yes, yes, if all go wells we'll escape this dreadful situation most swiftly." He chirped optimistically.

[Oh shoot! I just realized I didn't do the [good/bad/_] [profession/mr/ms/mrs] Wilma last turn. Darn it, must of slipped my mind.]
Well you are about to be eaten by a street a little slip is alright especially after a seeing the void trying to break through and eat you.
My Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10558 on: June 18, 2015, 12:14:19 pm »

At a rapidly growing skull tower outside of Eckledun...

Realizing that he's made a grave error indeed, Sigmund places his paws on the tower of skulls and pushes away with all of his might, seeking freedom for his poor head.

[Sigmund's strength roll: 4+1]

Fortunately, being a vampire and thus not particularly needing to worry about spinal trauma comes in handy, as he can pull his head right out. It also helps that he doesn't have much of a neck to serve as a narrow point between his head and his shoulders. Within moments he is free, and cautiously takes a good twenty steps away from the pillar as it continues to grow.

Phew. For a moment he thought he was in serious trouble. Now then, where was he?

Outside an odd cabin in the woods...

Kevin thinks it best to ignore the goat and go see what's up with the cabin, giving the door a solid knock. In the eerie quiet of the late evening he can distinctly perceive a set of footsteps lazily approach the door.

[Kevin's dodge roll: 2]

However, he's not quite fast enough to jump back as the door is suddenly kicked open, slamming into him and sending him sprawling down the set of steps leading up to the entrance. The goat becomes very excited as it rushes toward Kevin's location, stopping about a meter short of him, tongue flicking out of its mouth occasionally as it regards his prone form.

Looking back at the entrance, he notices a short bald man in the doorway, looking down at him with a raised eyebrow. His mouth is munching rhythmically as he regards Kevin, and the ex-jester's eyes are immediately drawn to his hands, one of which appears to be clutching a very well-done human leg. Chunks of the thigh appear to be missing, clearly bitten off. The other seems to be holding a hand axe with little flecks of charred flesh on it.

"Shorry," the man says with his mouth full. "Had my handsh full. Come in," he gestures toward the interior with the axe.

In an alley full of surprises...

Morton in a fit of desperation decides to quickly skim the demonology book he's got for any kind of demon who might be helpful in this sort of situation. Oddly, he happens to come across one that seems immediately relevant - the Demon of Narrow Escapes. It seems like a really popular one, too, and the circle's really easy to draw since you're supposed to draw it in a rush. Though there only seems to be a translocation circle available, which means there could be a one way trip to a demon's realm in his future if he draws this one. Alternatively, he could try to draw a speaking circle for the Demon of Difficult Questions, but that one seems about twice as complicated and maybe not quite as likely to work.

Mark keeps an eye out for his part, given that he doesn't think leafing through the book while Morton's looking at it is likely to help much. First off, he notices Wilma doing some sort of goofy-sounding vocal exercise. And second, he notices a wave of something crash against the wall of the alleyway, a small gout of it spilling further down the alleyway. As soon as it hits the ground, Mark gets the urge to look away and never gaze in that direction again, which he wisely follows, and a similar urge to not speak of what he just saw, which he considers a little more.

Near some peculiar shadows in an alleyway...

Scott rushes toward the shadowy figures, hoping to interrupt whatever buggery they happen to have planned, if any. Surely nothing good could come of shadowy plotting, right? Charging forth, he unfurls himself like a giant sail and plows straight through one of the vertical figures, hoping the maneuver has done a number on whoever that was.

Looking back, however, he gets the distinct impression that the figure was unbothered by his effort, though he does feel an oddly profound sense of loss as he gazes at the flickering shadowy things, which appear to be completely static as far as he can tell.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10559 on: June 18, 2015, 12:31:50 pm »

Kevin considers that consummation is far from the most horrific thing he's seen done to human bodies, and enters the shack.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 702 703 [704] 705 706 ... 719