Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Reddit was down. Now We Hate That Smug Alien Thing.  (Read 6309 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Reddit is down. Hold me!
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2012, 03:12:06 pm »

I didn't realize there was such hate...

Did I start a flame war or something?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2012, 03:12:53 pm »

Naw, people are just being passive aggressive bandwagon jumpers. Reddit's one of the cool places to hate :)
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2012, 03:13:36 pm »

I didn't realize there was such hate...

How naive. You should realize that in general all large internet communities hate all other internet communities.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2012, 03:27:38 pm »

Reddit is not a "cool place to hate", the community there is legitimately terrible. I have been on Reddit, I have seen Reddit, and let me tell you senator, I have seen some shit on Reddit.

Plus half the community focuses upon going over the same in-jokes over and over again and being as uncreative as possible while demanding that you make them feel good. It's a lot more of a hugbox place than you'd imagine at first glance.

Even Reddit realizes how terrible Reddit is, and they don't care. They revel in their own filth.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2012, 03:49:16 pm »

I just read it for the articles...

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2012, 03:54:38 pm »

Haha! WHERE IS YOUR [NONEXISTENT DEITY] NOW, R/ATHEISM!

Hmm. Reddit.com appears to be working fine currently here, although I only opened it and then closed it because I am not terrible and do not reddit or whatever the verb is. :V
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2012, 03:59:54 pm »

Reddit is not a "cool place to hate", the community there is legitimately terrible. I have been on Reddit, I have seen Reddit, and let me tell you senator, I have seen some shit on Reddit.

Plus half the community focuses upon going over the same in-jokes over and over again and being as uncreative as possible while demanding that you make them feel good. It's a lot more of a hugbox place than you'd imagine at first glance.

Even Reddit realizes how terrible Reddit is, and they don't care. They revel in their own filth.

The biggest circlejerk on reddit is about how much of a circlejerk it is. Personally I prefer to circlejerk about the circlejerk about how much of a circlejerk reddit is. I'm meta.

Personally if we could take 4chan and format it like reddit that would be the best way to do it.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2012, 04:02:47 pm »

Except I'm pretty sure that /b/ loathes reddit more than any other community online. Or was it 4chan in general? I forget.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2012, 04:04:22 pm »

If you took 4chan and made it worse you'd get Reddit.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2012, 04:06:05 pm »

I'd say that 4chan is better than Reddit. 4chan is occasionally creative.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2012, 04:07:16 pm »

Yes, reddit has some solid WTF posts, but reddit really is nothing compared to 4chan. And yes, 4chan hates reddit.

4chan isn't full of itself, so it is much more entertaining.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2012, 04:07:59 pm »

You know there are sections of reddit other than /r/atheism, /r/politics, and /r/ragecomics (or whatever it is), right?

I mean, /r/news and /r/worldnews have, like, news, for instance.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2012, 04:09:27 pm »

This sounds an awful lot like a certain place I know actually. I think we're all familiar with it.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2012, 04:16:35 pm »

This sounds an awful lot like a certain place I know actually. I think we're all familiar with it.
That stuff mostly stays in the upper forums these days. Down here we just all yell at each other and argue about anything which it is possible to argue about.
No Gods, No Masters.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2012, 04:20:14 pm »

MSH, judging reddit by those subreddits is like judging 4chan by /b/.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6