Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Reddit was down. Now We Hate That Smug Alien Thing.  (Read 6288 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Reddit is down. Hold me!
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2012, 02:26:06 pm »

The more I read this, the more I realize that I only *thought* I knew the slimy underbelly of the Internet. Thankfully, I'm at the age where that realization is not immediately followed by an urge to put on the hipwaders and go see for myself.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2012, 02:35:48 pm »

The more I read this, the more I realize that I only *thought* I knew the slimy underbelly of the Internet. Thankfully, I'm at the age where that realization is not immediately followed by an urge to put on the hipwaders and go see for myself.
Don't even try. The moment you think you've reached rock bottom, you see an even deeper trench in front of you.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2012, 02:37:10 pm »

A lot of people got up in arms when they tried to get rid of those subreddits, I know one of those frequent posters bragged about banging his daughter.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2012, 04:24:22 pm »

You must remember there are many quality subreddits too; like /r/askhistorians or /r/talesfromtechsupport.

Doesn't matter.  No amount of quality content could justify the hellish masturbatory hugbox that is Reddit.

Shoes...

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Reddit was down. Now We Hate That Smug Alien Thing.
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2012, 05:35:09 pm »

I'm sorry Reddit ran over your dog.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2012, 05:36:30 pm »

My family was killed in a drive-by Reddit.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2012, 06:23:45 pm »

I'm sorry Reddit ran over your dog.
No, but it's a constant uphill battle to get them to shut down their pro-rape (pro-rape to the point that posters have committed crimes and aren't reprimanded by the moderation) boards.  The big problem with Reddit is that it has absolutely no interest in moderation, apart from banning anyone who complains about their open support of pedophilia.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
WHY!
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2012, 06:28:46 pm »

I'm surprised people actually browse Reddit, at all.
Why do people do this to themselves?
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2012, 09:40:30 pm »

Reddit is not a "cool place to hate", the community there is legitimately terrible. I have been on Reddit, I have seen Reddit, and let me tell you senator, I have seen some shit on Reddit.
Which community? Reddit is an engine for communities for everyone but the silly people who sign up and never change subreddit subscriptions.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2012, 11:02:45 pm »

What about /r/dwarffortress?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2012, 11:05:49 pm »

Wretched hive of scum and villainy.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2012, 11:09:05 pm »

Nah, it's pretty chill, though it's probably a bit redundant that I skim both that forum and this one. /r/askscience is probably the pinnacle of Reddit: heavy moderation, intelligent people, citations required. I learn something new every day.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2012, 12:55:11 am »

I just discovered this.

...not sure if troll...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2012, 01:23:20 am »

I don't think troll is the right word, but it is assuredly fake.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2012, 02:59:58 am »

I've seen bits people have taken from .onion sites. I have also seen the horror that is 9gag. Both are much worse than Reddit.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6