Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: What has happened when "weed's" been legalised?  (Read 7155 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: What has happened when "Mexican Satan Hippie Plant" has been legalised?
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2012, 10:07:19 am »

I think we need to update the thread title to something more scientifically accurate.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: What has happened when "weed's" been legalised?
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2012, 10:11:15 am »

Or grammatically correct, for that matter.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2012, 10:18:11 am »

The Mexican Satan Hippie Plant is just a plant man. It's nature. How can you illegalize nature, man? Make nature legal. Let the weeds live!

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2012, 10:20:04 am »

I could have gone with Marijuana, but i decided to go with the colloquial phrase.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What has happened when "weeds" been legalised?
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2012, 10:52:06 am »

It's harder to get a substance when the sellers care about whether or not you are of legal age or not, so legalizing it would decrease its availability to young people.
You seriously think government regulation makes it easier for minors to get forbidden substances, as opposed to gang regulation? I don't know many pot dealers who ask for ID.

Depends on your surrounding, really. Where I live, we don't have that many people selling, therefore it's usually much easier to get past an ID check (adult friend, fake ID, whatever...) than to find a provider.

First, please don't distort the article you've posted. It says an 8 point drop for the "heaviest" smokers who started before 18. We're talking highschool kids puffing 10+ joints a day, or something. Smoking pot between classes. People like that do exist.

"Heavy" is a bit too abstract. For all I know, it could be anything between 1-10 joints a day. Perhaps the study itself says more, but I don't know.

The relevant part is that it seems to be harmful to the development of the brain, which we should keep in mind. (Assuming the study is accurate.)

Edit: Wording. Bad enklis.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 10:54:57 am by Hiiri »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2012, 10:57:55 am »

Oxygen is also known to cause severe developmental problems and brain damage when used heavily. ;)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2012, 10:59:13 am »

Oxygen is also known to cause severe developmental problems and brain damage when used heavily. ;)

"And then the war on oxygen began."

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2012, 11:02:23 am »

I would also object to the study as it employed IQ as a metric, which is a very subjective and unreliable measurement for intelligence.

"And then the war on oxygen began."
"It twas a most horrific conflict, as the very substance used to burn the devil element was what let it burn in the first place. Experimental procedures began to train children to live without oxygen immediately."
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kaiserr

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2012, 11:27:48 am »

I can say that,as a person who grew up with a drug addicted mother,that shit messes you up bad.
I'm not talking straight Marijuana,because that's a hell lot less dangerous than everything they put in it to "make it better",but as far as I know there's not many people that smoke Marijuana as just plain weed.
That being said,it could put some illegal businesses out.
And it could also backfire.
And if it does,it could do so horribly,but I think right now in ye olde world there is a hell lot more to worry about right now than drugs.

OT:
Why does everything I post on this forum look like a horrible mass of unintelligible bullshit to me?
Wait, you type with your feet? That's badass.
DF: Beat people to death with their own appendages!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2012, 11:41:47 am »

It looks more legible than most of the stuff in the political threads to me, but that might just be me. Probably is, too.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2012, 11:43:06 am »

Why does everything I post on this forum look like a horrible mass of unintelligible bullshit to me?
Because you don't use paragraphs or space your commas.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2012, 11:55:52 am »

I can say that,as a person who grew up with a drug addicted mother,that shit messes you up bad.
I'm not talking straight Marijuana,because that's a hell lot less dangerous than everything they put in it to "make it better",but as far as I know there's not many people that smoke Marijuana as just plain weed.
That being said,it could put some illegal businesses out.
And it could also backfire.
And if it does,it could do so horribly,but I think right now in ye olde world there is a hell lot more to worry about right now than drugs.
See, this is why if I ever do it, I'm gonna grow it myself.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2012, 03:14:24 pm »

See, this is why if I ever do it, I'm gonna grow it myself.
Best advice, right there ^^

Like any crop, they get sprayed with all kinds of crap, except that these crops aren't checked by governmental agencies if they stay within safe limits, and their sellers have (well, most of em) already proven to be of questionable morals. The difference between homegrown bio-weed and what is sold comercially is huge. It may not be as strong, but it's a lot easier on the throat/lungs and generally makes you feel better (better is a relative term)(don't do drugs kids)(or do, whatever, your life).

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2012, 03:20:15 pm »

I mean good god, it can't exactly be difficult, and if your smart about it (and don't try and become a major supplier) pretty much impossible to get caught with.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2012, 06:16:42 pm »

Satellites can pick up the infrared radiation from trying to grow it indoors, and have been used to nab growers in the past.

Of course, they've also accidentally raided people who were doing non-illegal things which generated large amounts of heat. E.G. server farms.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7