Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anything remotely like DF for mobile/iPhone?  (Read 618 times)

Master Catfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Anything remotely like DF for mobile/iPhone?
« on: October 22, 2012, 10:06:35 am »

Just curious if anyone here knows. I've been away from my computer for a month, and will be for two more - unfortunately I have an urge to play DF. Any decent city builder is acceptable too. Free preferred, but not necessary.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anything remotely like DF for mobile/iPhone?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 10:17:59 am »

Minecraft?

If you want a city builder try lookat at Kairosoft games: http://kairopark.jp/iphone/en/

They're top notch, worth every cent. Dungeon Village is pretty sweet, it's similar to Majesty. Game Dev Story is one of their classics.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 10:22:58 am »

Get DFterm running on a PC somewhere, and connect to it with a terminal emulator on your iphone.

Master Catfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 04:28:38 pm »

Muz, Dungeon Story seems pretty close to what I want, so I'm giving the lite version a try.

Japa, your advice sounds nice, but I am traveling abroad and not in any way a compurer wizard.

Thanks to both of you.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 04:42:47 pm »

It also might be worth trying the actual Majesty game, I think there's a demo for that.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.