Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Roll to FIELD SERVICE  (Read 3652 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Roll to FIELD SERVICE
« on: October 22, 2012, 08:16:00 am »

Why you chose to be a part of one the most hated Religions in the world, you don't know, but it seemed like fun. Now, after 5 months of studying (seriously, you should have a degree in theology by now) and a full day of talking about it, you decided to go out into that thing you hear about all the time.
FIELD SERVICE

This is my first attempt at a minimalist RtD

You each play a role as a Minister trying to survive one full Week of ministering (10 Doors).
Enjoy the Torture and may the RNG be with you.

Oh! and, remember, not all doors end when the door closes.

edited thanks to the advice of the always knowledgeable Turin.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 09:03:55 am by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to FIELD SERVICE
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 02:21:07 pm »

GO KNOCK ON FIRST DOOR, INQUIRE THE HOUSEHOLD'S OPINION OF OUR SAVIOR LORD JESUS CHRIST.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 04:31:23 pm »

Knock on celebrity's door, inform them that Organis the God of Mutations And Insanity specifically needs their assistance to spread the word.

((Is everyone a minister of the same religion, or does everyone get to choose their own possibly made-up religion? It is possible that my question is stupid and that I did not read the first post carefully enough.))
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 04:33:03 pm by peglegpengeuin »
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 04:59:18 pm »

ROFL  :D

This RTD is about exactly what I expected, which somehow I didn't expect. I assumed it was going to turn out to be about Field Maintenance of something or other, and that the author had just stumbled on a term that would be really misleading to Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 05:42:07 pm »

I AM A MISKOPALIAN
YAY
GO FIND XANTALOS
TAKE XANTALOS FROM YOU AT FINAL BOSS UNIVERSE
UNLEASH HIM HERE
DEMAND HE PAY SERVICE TO MISKO.
PROBABLY DIE, BUT DON'T TRY TO.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 06:35:46 pm »

Hunt down a idiot's domicile. Say the following.

"Welcome my son. welcome to the Church of Bacislam. It's like Islam, but with Bacon. Are you confused? Good, as thats the first tenet."
*Enter the door*
"Now I have to be honest, I just made that shit up. There is no church of Bacislam. yes I know your disappointed. Why did I lie?

Its the Actual First Tenet Of Chris-antimy, where we worship the chocolate milk-shake of the flying boar. "Lying your pants off to suit your needs, and watch as all them bitchez crawl to your doorstep", said The Holy Wiener of Antioch Before entering battle with heathen Raptor Jesus.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 07:14:09 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 07:13:18 pm »

HERETIC.

MISKOPALIANISM FORBIDS INDOOR VOICES.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 08:40:16 pm »

ENTER DOOR
CONVERT UNKNOWING VICTIM CONVERTEE TO WORSHIP THE GOD OF GRILL
GRILL GOD GRILLS THINGS
NAME IS GRILL
CONVERT TO GRILLISM
IS NICE GUY
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 08:43:48 pm »

Walk up to door, knock.

"Hello my good friend. I have here to tell you of the word of Armok and all who worship him."

Pull out a knife.

"First, blood for the blood god. Do you have a wife, daughter, son, cat perhaps? Armok hates cats. And children."

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 08:09:07 am »

Knock on celebrity's door, inform them that Organis the God of Mutations And Insanity specifically needs their assistance to spread the word.
You knock on the front door of the biggest house you can find [Free 1] after being papered on the five week journey to the front door. And meet [free 1] The Organis itself!!!!! [free 1] It offers you some cookies. They are your favorite flavor!!!!
I AM A MISKOPALIAN
YAY
GO FIND XANTALOS
TAKE XANTALOS FROM YOU AT FINAL BOSS UNIVERSE
UNLEASH HIM HERE
DEMAND HE PAY SERVICE TO MISKO.
PROBABLY DIE, BUT DON'T TRY TO.
You get happy. So happy that you start your own religion [11] Supported by an actual God named Misko (no affiliation to Misko27)  :o
You go looking for XANTALOS and find [58] A dummy
You demand that it pays service to Misko[56vs22] and trip in your raging rant, to where it looks like you are bowing down to it.
[2] Misko Comes down and attacks the dummy, tuning it into his slave, and gives it to you as a servant for exposing it as a rival god.
Hunt down a idiot's domicile. Say the following.

"Welcome my son. welcome to the Church of Bacislam. It's like Islam, but with Bacon. Are you confused? Good, as thats the first tenet."
*Enter the door*
"Now I have to be honest, I just made that shit up. There is no church of Bacislam. yes I know your disappointed. Why did I lie?

Its the Actual First Tenet Of Chris-antimy, where we worship the chocolate milk-shake of the flying boar. "Lying your pants off to suit your needs, and watch as all them bitchez crawl to your doorstep", said The Holy Wiener of Antioch Before entering battle with heathen Raptor Jesus.

You walk up to your first door and [38] start spewing random nonsense at the door. The resident peaks through the window and stares at you intensely, but has yet to open his door to you, [84] so you cant quite go inside yet.
ENTER DOOR
CONVERT UNKNOWING VICTIM CONVERTEE TO WORSHIP THE GOD OF GRILL
GRILL GOD GRILLS THINGS
NAME IS GRILL
CONVERT TO GRILLISM
IS NICE GUY
[36] You knock on the door and they look out the window.
QUICK! MAKE A SPOT HIDDEN CHECK! [61]
You hear a soft click as you preach about Hank Hill
Walk up to door, knock.

"Hello my good friend. I have here to tell you of the word of Armok and all who worship him."

Pull out a knife.

"First, blood for the blood god. Do you have a wife, daughter, son, cat perhaps? Armok hates cats. And children."

You walk to your first door, the praises of Armok on your lips. [78] Unfortunetly, you only make it up to the word sacrifice before you hear the cops coming.
Do you run? [Turn to page "55"]
Do you continue preaching? [Turn to page "your death"]
Do you do something else? [Turn to page "1" and start over]
GO KNOCK ON FIRST DOOR, INQUIRE THE HOUSEHOLD'S OPINION OF OUR SAVIOR LORD JESUS CHRIST.
You knock on your first door [88] and hear gunshots.

((Is everyone a minister of the same religion, or does everyone get to choose their own possibly made-up religion? It is possible that my question is stupid and that I did not read the first post carefully enough.))

As it seems, you make up your own religion. I might even make a planet for all ministers to be on. but that might be ambitious
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 12:05:18 pm by zomara0292 »
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 10:26:57 am »

QUICK
SACRIFICE SELF TO BECOME GRILL GOD
USE CORPSE AS PROPHET
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 10:29:16 am »

Instate a theocracy!

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, 11:03:57 am »

((I was skipped. I'll edit my next turn into this post later.))

Awesome! I love Samoa cookies!

Attempt to ration cookies for length of game. Give in and eat them all at once. Knock on manhole. Inform hideous sewer people that Organis loves hideous sewer people, and that they should worship Organis.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 03:10:03 pm by peglegpengeuin »
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012, 11:58:46 am »

((I was skipped. I'll edit my next turn into this post later.))
((My appologies. How about this, and this will apply to everyone, I skip you and your turn, that i skipped, is considered a free action. Full success. ))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2012, 12:05:59 pm »

edited thanks to the advice of the always knowledgeable Turin.
((P.T.W.  :P))
Pages: [1] 2