Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Search plugin (Now with Room List, Military Screen and several more)  (Read 23989 times)

the_game_hunt

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_MERCY]
    • View Profile
Re: Search plugin (Now with stockpile screen search)
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2012, 08:55:51 am »

Man! You are a genius. This is a must have mod.
The spinning (silk shoe) strikes the Baron in the left upper arm, bruising the skin!
The Baron has been shot and killed.

WARNING! I'm not responsible for damaging/destroying your post!

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2012, 06:18:19 am »

For any interested Mac users, falsefaith has compiled my plugins for OSX. Linked in the first post.

Small issue, trying to search by number doesn't work, depending on the screen being searched. For example, you can't enter the numbers 4 or 6 when searching the unit screen, or 2/4/6/8 depending on the movements available on the stocks screen. Can't imagine many would search by number anyhow though.

Thanks, I'll fix that. It will be to do with DF interpreting those as scrolling keys.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

anthony62490

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2012, 12:00:04 am »

Hmm. This is odd. Tell me if this has anything to do with the mod or my own PC.

I'm getting an Entry Point Not Found error when using v0.6.
Code: [Select]
The procedure entry point
?getWindowSize@Screen@DFHack@@YA?AUcoord2d@df@@XZ could not be located in the dynamic link library SDL.dll.
This error is raising a little red flag, so I assume that this is a problem on my end, but for the life of me, I can't remember what I did last time.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2012, 12:08:18 am »

?getWindowSize@Screen@DFHack@@YA?AUcoord2d@df@@XZ could not be located in the dynamic link library SDL.dll.
This error is raising a little red flag, so I assume that this is a problem on my end, but for the life of me, I can't remember what I did last time.

Are you sure you're using DFHack version 0.34.11 r2?

anthony62490

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2012, 01:13:27 am »

Are you sure you're using DFHack version 0.34.11 r2?

Ah, dammit. You are correct, good sir. When I updated DFHack, I missed some crucial files.
 :D Thanks. I am loving this plugin so far. Someone needs to get LucasUP to add this to the LNP.

Gigmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2012, 01:49:03 pm »

General forums lurker; just wanted to drop in and say, even though I haven't used this mod/script yet, it looks fantastic from the screens alone, not to mention the real-time updates and support. Bloody fantastic work! As another poster said, this should be in vanilla DF. (I mean, EVERYONE HERE has had the 'find the bloody metal items I want to melt' headache.) Just an all-around great ease-of-use tool. Have miasma issues? Do a search string for 'rotten' and dump everything you see! No more hunting through the giant purple clouds in your fort looking for 'Snuzgob's rotten left buttcheek'.

I'm currently working on my first heavily modded install of DF, and this mod was a must-have the moment I saw it. Looking forward to it being included in MWF!

anthony62490

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2012, 05:32:50 pm »

General forums lurker; just wanted to drop in and say, even though I haven't used this mod/script yet, it looks fantastic from the screens alone, not to mention the real-time updates and support. Bloody fantastic work! As another poster said, this should be in vanilla DF. (I mean, EVERYONE HERE has had the 'find the bloody metal items I want to melt' headache.) Just an all-around great ease-of-use tool. Have miasma issues? Do a search string for 'rotten' and dump everything you see! No more hunting through the giant purple clouds in your fort looking for 'Snuzgob's rotten left buttcheek'.
Funny, I used to play hang drum for "Snuzgob's Rotten Left Buttcheek".

CarloTheCurious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2012, 03:44:48 pm »

Very useful plugin, much appreciated here.

A thought though - would it be possible to implement searching on the build sub-menus (mainly construction)? Being able to filter for my_favourite_stone_blocks from dozens of different building materials would be a huge timesaver.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2012, 10:59:33 pm »

Very useful plugin, much appreciated here.

A thought though - would it be possible to implement searching on the build sub-menus (mainly construction)? Being able to filter for my_favourite_stone_blocks from dozens of different building materials would be a huge timesaver.

2nd. This would also be useful for display cases. I can dump the artefacts next to the building site, pause, unforbid and build the display cases, but a search function would be less cumbersome.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2012, 02:38:49 am »

I did think about that, but was wondering how big the demand would be. I already have a construction helper plugin: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=119369.0 that makes selecting your most commonly used materials easier, but I could see situations where you want to you'd want to find specific materials. I'll add that to the todo list.

Typhuss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2012, 07:16:17 am »

I absolutely love this plugin, thanks so much for putting it out there.

That said, I would really like if it added search functionality to the Animal menu under stocks [z]. I know it adds it to the livestock page in the unit list, but as far as I know, you cannot see gender or conveniently designate animals for slaughter from that screen. I would love to be able to have a nice clean list of how many turkeys or giant dingos I have; how many are male, how many are female, and be able to designate them for slaughter from that list. Any chance of that happening?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 07:18:36 am by Typhuss »

anthony62490

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2012, 11:20:06 am »

What about searching for jobs instead of names? Would it be possible to search for all dwarves that are doing a specific job?
Just want you to know that this plugin is useful to the point of weeping hilarity. Toady would be smart to take note of this and integrate it into the game.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 11:25:40 am by anthony62490 »

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2012, 04:28:44 pm »

Yes I will add those screens in time. I've been putting it off because those screens are a bit different to the ones I've done so far and to generalise the plugin to handle those, instead of writing bespoke code for each one) means a fair amount of refactoring of the code. That's likely to break things so I haven't had the motivation to do it yet :) But I should get around to it.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2012, 09:49:24 am »

search plugin on stone screens? also would b great in production orders for shops. example. when i want to make copper picks, it would b great to just type it (like on choosing embark eq), as is i have to choose, weapons, scroll to and choose copper, scroll and choose picks.

if such a nested branching cant be accomplished by simply typing the desired name of the item in, maybe scrolling can be eliminated by typing the name of each category. i.e. weapons (enter), copper (enter), pick (enter)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 09:50:59 am by thistleknot »

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2013, 08:26:13 am »

I've just uploaded a new version with several new screens searchable. Download it here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7248.
I'm just making one zip now and including the latest version of all my plugins in that. If you only want to install this plugin, the relevant file is search.plug.dll. There's a readme included in the zip.

This update adds search to:
  • Animals screen (the one where you can assign trainers, mark for butchery, etc). There was no room at the bottom so I had to put the search option at the top of this screen.
  • Military Positions Assignment. Like the stockpile screen, this search will only appear when you move to the third column. Not the hotkey here is 'q'... 's' was taken.
  • Announcement List
  • Room List. You can search by dwarf (note that any place you search by dwarf, you can search by profession too), room type (e.g. Grand Bedroom, or building type.
  • Job List. Search by dwarf, status ("inactive" or "suspended") or job name. The plugin doesn't have access to the actual job names you see on screen, so it has to construct it internally. Some detailed job descriptions will not be detected, but searching on the major keywords should work. Filtering by "suspended" could be useful for finding suspended constructions. I have a plan to add a plugin that lets you resume suspended jobs directly from this screen. Using the search function to filter them first would work well with that.
  • Burrow Citizen Assignment

Further, I've improved the unit list screen search such that, if you search for "idle" or "no job", it will filter to idle dwarves... and searching for "military" will filter the list to dwarves currently on military duty.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 09:03:33 am by falconne »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5