Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Search plugin (Now with Room List, Military Screen and several more)  (Read 23979 times)

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New plugin to add "Search" functionality to Stock, Trade and Unit screens
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2012, 06:48:25 pm »

It looks like a greate plugin! Have you ever tried to compile it on linux? I've tried and got this error on make install:

Oh right... no I didn't compile on Linux, sorry about that.

It's been fixed in the version merged into main branch. You can fix it for yourself by editing search.cpp and adding "template<> " to the front of every line beginning with IMPLEMENT_VMETHOD_INTERPOSE, so that:

IMPLEMENT_VMETHOD_INTERPOSE(trade_search_merc_hook, feed);

becomes

template<> IMPLEMENT_VMETHOD_INTERPOSE(trade_search_merc_hook, feed);

and so on.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

radost

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2012, 01:48:12 pm »

Hello :) I managed to compile your plugin under linux! Thank you for your work.

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2012, 03:22:27 am »

Just bumping this up to say I did indeed try your plugin, and it works perfectly. Kudos!

radost

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, 03:18:22 am »

Hello :)

There is an issue in search during the trade. Sometimes you can not go back to full item list after search (the search input is empty but you see only filtered items). I think that there is something wrong whet you use Esc button.

I wonder if someone else got similar problem?

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2012, 04:01:10 am »

That would happen if you used the 'view item' button, because it discards the search state. I fixed that when I merged this into dfhack mainline.

nomad_delta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2012, 04:05:18 am »

this is crazy awesome, thank you for making this :)

--nomad_delta

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2012, 09:45:07 am »

this is should be part of the main game, not just a plugin
I was thinking this while looking through this. I wonder how Toady feels about it?

It should at least keep the UI kids at bay for a short while, at least. and considering it can seamlessly be implemented into the main code, it would be perfect for the next update. Have you talked with the Almighty Toad about this? I think he'd be interested in this little development.

I haven't tried it out yet, but just by looking at it, it looks incredibly helpful. I know I've had inventory issues here and there, and this can really simplify the process of working with them.

EDIT:
Have there been any bugs yet that have been reported regarding the mod/plugin? Wouldn't hurt to add that to the OP, if any. Just good practice. On the same note, also wouldn't hurt to have a version log while at it.

Also, in case it hasn't already been done, don't forget to submit it to the DFHack thread so it's included with the DFHack and Lazy Newb Pack packages as they release.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 09:53:42 am by Itnetlolor »

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2012, 01:22:10 am »

I was thinking this while looking through this. I wonder how Toady feels about it?

It should at least keep the UI kids at bay for a short while, at least. and considering it can seamlessly be implemented into the main code, it would be perfect for the next update. Have you talked with the Almighty Toad about this? I think he'd be interested in this little development.

I haven't tried it out yet, but just by looking at it, it looks incredibly helpful. I know I've had inventory issues here and there, and this can really simplify the process of working with them.

EDIT:
Have there been any bugs yet that have been reported regarding the mod/plugin? Wouldn't hurt to add that to the OP, if any. Just good practice. On the same note, also wouldn't hurt to have a version log while at it.

Also, in case it hasn't already been done, don't forget to submit it to the DFHack thread so it's included with the DFHack and Lazy Newb Pack packages as they release.

Actually for the base game to have search capability would be trivial (with direct access to the data) and wouldn't need to jump through all the hoops that plugins like this do to hack it in there. There isn't anything from this plugin that would be useful to Toady really, it's just a matter of whether he feels searching is necessary or not.

And yes, this plugin has been merged into the main DFHack and will be there in the next release, with the bug in the trade screen mentioned above fixed. I've added that into the trade screen description in the first post.

Tharg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2012, 11:51:22 pm »

On the units screen I have trouble using lower-case L in searches.  I note that it is also labelled "Manage labours (DFhack)" at the bottom of the screen.  It works if you hold / hammer it.

Not sure if previously reported.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2012, 11:53:37 pm »

This looks really cool. Posting to watch.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2012, 01:10:27 am »

On the units screen I have trouble using lower-case L in searches.  I note that it is also labelled "Manage labours (DFhack)" at the bottom of the screen.  It works if you hold / hammer it.

Not sure if previously reported.

Thanks for pointing that out. Just uploaded a fixed version. Can you try out: https://github.com/downloads/Falconne/dfhack/Search_Plugin_v0.5-Windows-0.34.11.r2.zip

oeiua

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2012, 12:17:34 pm »

Hi
I've tried compile DFHack on Linux and got this errors on make install
Any suggestions?
dfhack/plugins/search.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void stocks_search::do_post_update_check()’:
dfhack/plugins/search.cpp:430: error: ‘template<class S, class T, class V> class search_parent’ used without template parameters
dfhack/plugins/search.cpp: In member function ‘bool stocks_search::init(df::viewscreen_storesst*)’:
dfhack/plugins/search.cpp:441: error: ‘template<class S, class T, class V> class search_parent’ used without template parameters
dfhack/plugins/search.cpp: In member function ‘bool unitlist_search::init(df::viewscreen_unitlistst*)’:
dfhack/plugins/search.cpp:505: error: ‘template<class S, class T, class V> class search_parent’ used without template parameters
dfhack/plugins/search.cpp: In member function ‘bool trade_search_merc::init(df::viewscreen_tradegoodsst*)’:
dfhack/plugins/search.cpp:611: error: ‘template<class S, class T, class V> class search_parent’ used without template parameters
dfhack/plugins/search.cpp: In member function ‘bool trade_search_fort::init(df::viewscreen_tradegoodsst*)’:
dfhack/plugins/search.cpp:640: error: ‘template<class S, class T, class V> class search_parent’ used without template parameters

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2012, 02:35:02 am »

Hi
I've tried compile DFHack on Linux and got this errors on make install
Any suggestions?

If you refresh your clone now it should compile. Let me know if it still has problems.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Search plugin (Now with stockpile screen search)
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2012, 07:25:57 am »

I've just uploaded a new version of the plugin (v0.6) that includes stockpile screen searching:

The search becomes active when you move to the third column. Any filter you type will reset as soon as you move out of the third column, but of course any settings you change will be preserved. This should hopefully make it easier to deal with those long animal lists.

See the updated first post for the download link. This screen was a little bit annoying to get search working on, so please let me know if you notice any problems.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 07:28:03 am by falconne »

DuineAnaithnid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2012, 04:49:43 pm »

Hello :) I managed to compile your plugin under linux! Thank you for your work.
Which extra libraries did you have to grab to get this done? I can't seem to satisfy cmake.
Code: [Select]
Could not find a working hash map implementation.  Please install GCC >=
  4.4, and all necessary 32-bit C++ development libraries.

I have gcc 4.6 and installed ia32-libs
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5