Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Under The Ocean - Survival game, now with random islands  (Read 21063 times)

Farmergnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Under The Ocean - Survival game, now with light bulbs
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2012, 10:40:08 pm »

Farmergnome, will kiwis be included in the game? I love those gosh dang birds.

Haha, we have a pretty huge list of easter eggs to add to the game (so maybe :P), while I am on the subject of New Zealand though, that was actually the inspiration for the first competition game, Under the Garden.  I used to live in Australia and first time I visited New Zealand I HAD to make something about the NZ landscape, eventually moved here and now I am missing the tropical islands from Australia, funny how that works.

EDIT: actually got some pics of my trip down south island  here http://www.farmergnome.blogspot.co.nz/2012/01/back-from-middle-earth.html - spot the inspiration for Under the Garden.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 12:35:52 am by Farmergnome »

Farmergnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2012, 01:28:22 am »

This is sort of what we are aiming for as far as the rafting viewpoint also and feel for the storms which I mentioned earlier, fairly brooding sort of setting when it all kicks off, I didn't feel my words gave a decent enough description of it before.  These sections are all real time, and most of the wave tech is already in the current game, in fact this is just a paint over of one of the levels with the wave height values cranked up.  Rafts will be constructed the same as houses so they will be entirely hand built and customizable, should be a pretty cool update either way.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 01:45:48 am by Farmergnome »

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2012, 06:04:17 am »

Wow that looks great!.

Im really loving that we will still be able to craft our own Rafts, if we get enough recources coudl we go form rafts to full fledged boats ?
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2012, 06:50:31 am »

I wish I could try the game out before deciding to spend on either the silver or the gold xD

Oh well, post to watch. Maybe when it gets more features.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2012, 12:52:43 pm »

Looks cool, went ahead and bought it. I like the shipwrecked survival theme, so it's always nice to see new games like this.

I wish you guys luck. Can't wait to see how it looks when it's finished.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Farmergnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2012, 03:41:46 am »

Looks cool, went ahead and bought it. I like the shipwrecked survival theme, so it's always nice to see new games like this.

I wish you guys luck. Can't wait to see how it looks when it's finished.

Cheers for supporting the development, it is still early days yet so yea, there is plenty to come still.

Wow that looks great!.

Im really loving that we will still be able to craft our own Rafts, if we get enough recources coudl we go form rafts to full fledged boats ?

Definitely, in theory you could craft a full blown ship if you wanted to, it is all within the bounds of the system.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2012, 03:37:49 pm »

Already bought, managed to start building a house, I like the general way it is now.

Buuuuut: I know and accept this game is early alpha, yet some bugs cannot be ignored: e.g. the crafting screen making you fully wet, soon leading to cold, then to sickness. I hope you will be able to fix them by the next update.

Also, is it an intended feature that this bandaging plant heals ALL sickness effects? Like, say, fever too?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2012, 03:50:02 pm »

Also I really think the player character health and well being should be worth a whole update where the player character is given a fully working body so damage really does play a big thing and you can get diseases and other stuff as well.
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Farmergnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2012, 10:04:02 pm »

Already bought, managed to start building a house, I like the general way it is now.

Buuuuut: I know and accept this game is early alpha, yet some bugs cannot be ignored: e.g. the crafting screen making you fully wet, soon leading to cold, then to sickness. I hope you will be able to fix them by the next update.

Also, is it an intended feature that this bandaging plant heals ALL sickness effects? Like, say, fever too?

Good find on the wet bug, I will see if Mike can ship a patch today to fix that.  I think something does cure fever, I will have to hunt through the code to see what it is however. 

Edit:  Yarrow should heal it.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 01:32:28 am by Farmergnome »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2012, 04:21:37 am »

Good find on the wet bug, I will see if Mike can ship a patch today to fix that.  I think something does cure fever, I will have to hunt through the code to see what it is however. 

Edit:  Yarrow should heal it.

Yeah, that's what I mean, it seems slightly odd that bandages heal fever, sore foot, wounds, pneumonia and whatever else. But, since there is really no other way of healing I guess it might work for now. Also, are you supposed to make a fireplace by just stacking stone bricks around? The freebuild has it premade, and I can't find it in the recipes.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2012, 07:25:39 pm »

Will watch this :D
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2012, 02:59:07 pm »

Random islands have been added in the latest alpha. I haven't had a chance to try them yet, but the dev blog video seems interesting.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
Re: Under The Ocean - Survival game, now with random islands
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2012, 03:01:06 pm »

I shall purchase this when I obtain monies, and a computer capable of running it :P
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2012, 03:03:06 am »

I want this.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2012, 03:12:43 am »

Picked this up earlier and it seems pretty cool so far.  Does anyone know of a decent wiki/tutorial for crafting/building?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9