Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dralthas: Worth it?  (Read 5365 times)

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
Re: Dralthas: Worth it?
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2012, 10:28:07 pm »

I think my main objection to this plan would be that eating rotten zombie meat is disgusting and it probably wiggles around in your stomach.

Consider it a natural laxative as zombie meat tries to escape your bowels.
Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2012, 10:31:04 pm »

That's a pretty goddamn horrifying concept. :o

Luckily the meat will both remain fresh -somehow...- and once the zombie goes down all the supernatural energy should be released. So you don't... Yeah... >.>
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

pbnjoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2012, 10:39:09 pm »

You know you're in a wonderful place when people are (to put it bluntly) discussing pooping zombie pet parts :D

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2012, 11:03:53 pm »

Whispers did some work with a necromancer-based zombie pig program or something
If anyone is lazy and curious: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113638.msg3467511#msg3467511

You know you're in a wonderful place when people are (to put it bluntly) discussing pooping zombie pet parts :D
No, they're not. Dwarves have little atom smashers in their mouths beards. Nothing gets to the other end, so having a functioning digestive system evolved away. The guts are just the remnants of that system.

Now I need to discover where vomit comes from. Time for !!SCIENCE!!

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2012, 05:34:39 am »

No, they're not. Dwarves have little atom smashers in their mouths beards. Nothing gets to the other end, so having a functioning digestive system evolved away. The guts are just the remnants of that system.

Someone should make a mod where the dwarves need to take a piss and shit regularly. You would have to build proper sanitation and it would bring a whole new aspect to the fort building. Could also add a job like excrement burning which a poor sod could do on a regular basis. Doubt it would happen though considering most people would like to forget this even exists.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2012, 05:40:03 am »

Undead pets can be butchered, though. Loud Whispers did some work with a necromancer-based zombie pig program or something, and it actually produces more edibles than the creatures themselves would if butchered alive, apparently because of the physical attribute bonuses the undead get to strength and toughness. So, after your running of the dralthas, maybe leave the corpses forbidden and let a necromancer rummage through the place before they start rotting and run 'em again! :P

Note that the undead can be scary because many of the things that weaken the living in combat like pain and fatigue don't occur to the undead, putting even highly-trained soldiers at a moderate disadvantage, especially when outnumbered.
Omnomnomnomnom
Pages: 1 [2]