Kobold Camp
- 6 (13%)
Dwarf Fortress Advanced
- 0 (0%)
Other
- 12 (26.1%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Best Mod  (Read 1899 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Best Mod
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2012, 04:05:46 pm »

Yeah, post apocalypse, corrosion and LFR are suspiciously absent. To stick with bigger mods.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2012, 01:04:01 pm »

Considering the many flavors of DF mods, are there any plans for the sticky to categorize the mods, like genres and such? Game-based, High Fantasy, Modernized, etc.; based more on their main theme, rather than features. For example, despite being more modern, Wasteland Mod would still be categorized as based on a game (since it's mostly Fallout Inspired), whereas it's Modern DF counterpart would qualify for the Modernization mod category. And of course, we'd have our Novelty mods like the Dumbass of the Year Edition mod or the Candyland mod.

Something like that. The listings, though categorized already, can use some sub-categories to better sort it out, like the examples I provided; unless it's listed by rank or update rates.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 01:06:26 pm by Itnetlolor »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2012, 03:10:37 pm »

Heh, wasteland mod is long gone, it's Post-apocalypse now, but people keep calling it  such. I wonder if I should've kept the name.

And yeah, many great mods are missing from the list. Underhive settlement, LFR, Corrosion:and Homestuck mods immediately come to mind. And there's Nchandark, and my Post-apocalypse mods, so go and check the sticky in the forum branch root. Also find Ultimara's thread, he was making youtube mod reviews.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 [2]