Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 54

Author Topic: the peasant dwarf  (Read 90692 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: the peasant dwarf
« Reply #630 on: December 09, 2012, 02:19:34 pm »

If all the tribes speak goblin, then the raccoon men should to, let's take a quick ride but and inform them we will be coming back to kill them all In there sleep at some point.
Sadly, we haven't encountered any antropromorphic raccoons. Just the regulair variety.

Then promptly haul ass away and go hunt us some cave animals make armor for are Helpers and trade the rest to the dwarf fort for some proper armor for us and weapons for all of us.
We have to remember not to bring lizards to the dwarves, though. Those races aren't friends.

I like the idea of asking about ores, but we have to describe what those ores look like. Lizards don't use metal, after all.

All that glitters. It includes gem clusters, but you could use those as well. You need to raise funds anyway.
If you want to specify ores, you have the silver ore with you. Just ask about different coloured versions of it. Red would be best, among ores that colour's exclusive to iron. I don't suppose you heard about the blue stuff that sometimes forms spires extending up to the caverns.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Uthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: December 09, 2012, 09:37:21 pm »

You get a strong urge to want to learn lizzard-speak. You continue to order round after round and begin speaking with your two new companions. They tell you simple commands like "where's the bathroom" "where's my spear" "how do you clean blood off your loin cloth". You're lesson lasts late into the night. You learn lizard jokes and riddles. You learn lizard history and skills. Very basic remind you, but you learn. You eat all your meat, and order more booze and food with your coin. You wake-up with a slight hangover and no coin in your pack. At least you can speak with your new comrades now.

Let's go back to this.

And let's try to not get to far out of wack.

Simple goals, that fit inside of are larger main goal.

+1 for hunting weaker cavern animals while looking for metals/gems for trade/making items.

+1 long term goal getting the supply's for a journey to the abandoned fort.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 09:39:54 pm by Uthric »

Uthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: December 10, 2012, 12:48:54 pm »

Nope this will stay on the first page.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: December 10, 2012, 03:06:20 pm »

yes, yes it will.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Uthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: December 10, 2012, 09:29:42 pm »

Indeed it shall.

anthony62490

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: December 11, 2012, 02:16:20 pm »

So we'll need to get some proper arms for our new companions. We should either mine and smelt it ourselves or trade gems for some pre-made items (I imagine that some modifications will be necessary). After that, we sneak the lizards through the fortress and make our way to the Old Fort. If anyone asks why there are Lizardmen in the Fort, we tell them that they have been captured and we're bringing them to a cage.
+1 Hunt for Gems
+1 Gather Supplies
+1 Go to Old Fort

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: December 11, 2012, 03:17:51 pm »

So we'll need to get some proper arms for our new companions. We should either mine and smelt it ourselves or trade gems for some pre-made items (I imagine that some modifications will be necessary). After that, we sneak the lizards through the fortress and make our way to the Old Fort. If anyone asks why there are Lizardmen in the Fort, we tell them that they have been captured and we're bringing them to a cage.
+1 Hunt for Gems
+1 Gather Supplies
+1 Go to Old Fort
Trade gems? Bah. Gems should be reserved for improving items. And why risk walking past a cage when someone asks? Leaving the lizards somewhere safe outside the fort is far easier.
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

anthony62490

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: December 11, 2012, 05:00:07 pm »

Trade gems? Bah. Gems should be reserved for improving items. And why risk walking past a cage when someone asks? Leaving the lizards somewhere safe outside the fort is far easier.
Are we even sure that we can get outside the fort? As far as I know, the only way out of this cave is back through our home fort. Unless I've missed a memo, we may need to do some fast-talking to get the lizards outside.
UNLESS we can get to the old fort without leaving these caves.  ???

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: December 11, 2012, 05:01:09 pm »

map. another fort. the fact that caves do so.
Highly Opinionated Fool

anthony62490

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: December 11, 2012, 05:10:53 pm »

Ah yes, I went back to look at the map. It is indeed an underground map. Silly dorfs wouldn't have an overground map. :D

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: December 11, 2012, 05:24:08 pm »

yes they do. how do you think they send the 7 helpless morons to start a fort?
Highly Opinionated Fool

anthony62490

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: December 11, 2012, 05:32:47 pm »

I always kinda figured they were fired from a catapult. That's why the wagon doesn't work.

Uthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: December 11, 2012, 05:45:31 pm »

That's SIG Worthy

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: December 11, 2012, 07:07:39 pm »

I always kinda figured they were fired from a catapult. That's why the wagon doesn't work.
Makes sense.
I always thought that 6 of the dwarves carried the wagon while the seventh dragged the horses/yaks/camels.
Perhaps with the expedition leader sitting on top of the wagon like it was a carneval float or litter/sedan
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 07:10:23 pm by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Uthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: December 12, 2012, 12:33:15 pm »

1 update every 6 days is NOT COOL.

I was expecting at least 2 or 3 a week.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 54