Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54

Author Topic: the peasant dwarf  (Read 88414 times)

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
Re: the peasant dwarf
« Reply #765 on: January 09, 2013, 10:53:34 am »

Whoo! An update.

I believe the old fort is what we used to call the place where the dwarves migrated from. I might be wrong though. Either way, I'm for going to the dwarf-populated fort where we grew up, to get weapons or something. I'd still suggest to leave our lizards in tavern while we visit the dwarves. Maybe give them a bit of meat so they don't have to worry about that?

On a side note, I believe should go into a strange mood and make some manner of blade-hiding bracers for our lizards. Just make sure we put enough finger holes in it.
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #766 on: January 09, 2013, 11:00:13 am »

Glad you're back. I agree, go to old fort,sell or process silver ore, get decent armor.
Silver armor...seems legit...
[spoiler]

:P :P :P
[/spoiler
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 02:08:39 pm by slowpokez »

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 09, 2013, 12:15:32 pm »

I like the looks.
However, silver is probably not great at protecting you. Or at least not that much better then half-value copper(or iron if we're going fancy), which- by the way, is lighter and can be obtained from an experienced dwarven smith, rather then a freelance peasant. They probably won't have lizard-sized armor though, unless we're at war with the humans.

Edit: Have we collected our share of the taverns profits yet?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 12:48:32 pm by AfellowDwarf »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #768 on: January 09, 2013, 12:53:34 pm »

I like the looks.
However, silver is probably not great at protecting you. Or at least not that much better then half-value copper(or iron if we're going fancy), which- by the way, is lighter and can be obtained from an experienced dwarven smith, rather then a freelance peasant. They probably won't have lizard-sized armor though, unless we're at war with the humans.
I can't tell if you're being ironic or not but you realise that silver armor would be utterly useless aginst anything more then a push from a fluffywambler right? :P
And let's not even talk about how impractical it would be :D
But it makes up for it in swag. Big time.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: January 09, 2013, 01:24:13 pm »

Hmm. Good point. Silver armor it is.

By the way, I wasn't being ironic.

Edit: How about we pick up a few picks for our lizards, if they're cheap enough? Could be usefull if we need emergency mining. Adding to that, I still think a wooden training axe would be usefull(Alternatively, we could buy raw wood and craft it into one. Quality levels won't matter.)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 02:47:28 pm by AfellowDwarf »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: January 09, 2013, 02:58:16 pm »

What I meant is taking the silver ore into the fortress, process it, and sell the end result. It'll probably go for more than the silver ore, even if you only smelted it into bars.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 09, 2013, 03:13:10 pm »

It'll probably go for more than the silver ore, even if you only smelted it into bars.
We should take the bars to a silver-loving dwarf and threathen to forge them into swords if he doesn't buy them at a high price.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 09, 2013, 03:48:58 pm »

Go for silver plated armor, protects you and looks good.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: January 09, 2013, 04:27:59 pm »

Steel Armor decorated with Silver.  Best of both worlds.  We can also certainly gem and rune it.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 09, 2013, 04:38:39 pm »

Steel Armor decorated with Silver.  Best of both worlds.  We can also certainly gem and rune it.
We've got some silver ore, not raw adamantine. Steel is expensive, and I suspect our runecrafting won't work that well with cheap gems. And we still need a decent spear for our lizard companion.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: January 09, 2013, 05:54:07 pm »

Iron armor with silver on the surface would be both cool and practical.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: January 09, 2013, 06:16:45 pm »

Iron armor with silver on the surface would be both cool and practical.
It's the best of two worlds.

Though, we could also go for some silver plated steel once we've raided the old fort, since there should be plenty of goods in there, and trade the silver coating for supplies now.

We'll also need something to to keep liquer in. We don't want to get thirsty in the old fort.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: January 09, 2013, 08:12:32 pm »

You start your journey back to the  Mountainhome. You continue your lessons on learning the lizardspeak. The female lizard continues to keep the egg secure and warm. The jabberer follows at a slow steady pace behind the group. Every so often you hear it sprint off, the jingle of silver ore in it's pouch ting-ing around, while it hunts an unseen prey, catching up with your group licking blood off it's beak. Eventually you reach the Mountainhome entrance and are greeted with "Halt! Drop your weapons!!" You try a friendly smile and wave, but that gets you no-where.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 08:46:01 am by Brewster »

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: January 09, 2013, 08:40:31 pm »

Bribe your way in with a little of the silver.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: January 09, 2013, 08:49:26 pm »

I think we should either

-Tell the guard we're here to trade. Traders are allowed mounts and guards, right? If he isn't convinced of our good-will, we can craft a jug at a safe distance, and gift him wine.

-Tell the guard that the miners guild leader can identify us as a civilian. The lizards and jabberer should stay back in this scenario, so that they don't scare him.

-Move away from the guard and mine at random, not being carefull about weither we'll collapse the ceiling on top of someone who happens to basicly have the equipment we want in the process. We could also practice our masonry with the excess stone if we do this, perhaps by making a coffin?
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54