Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 54

Author Topic: the peasant dwarf  (Read 88343 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: the peasant dwarf
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2012, 07:03:59 am »

running away will only make us the enemy of the civ, and we do not want that.
The worst that could happen for taking claim of our actions is that we might be chained up for a few seasons.
Just pray to whatever deity we revere that the fort dosn't have a hammerer.
If we however are super lucky, noone actually liked the drunkard in the first place. :p

edit:
But my suggestion of what to do is this:
While casually crafting stuff, ask the swordsdwarf what it's all about, and why he's asking us.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 07:07:09 am by Ultimuh »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2012, 07:10:26 am »

- He just punched me in face, then undressed and ran away screaming! He's gone mad, I tell you.
If he asks what it is in the mug, say it's your special lunch your granny served for you. Wanna taste?
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2012, 08:00:56 am »

Stand there and proudly claim to be the sole reason to his sudden insanity. Surely the mountain homes will be delighted of finally getting rid of that useless potash maker or what ever he was.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2012, 08:02:38 am »

- He just punched me in face, then undressed and ran away screaming! He's gone mad, I tell you.

The safest best would be sticking with this tough.
Unless they already know everything.. Then it's probably best to confess.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2012, 09:44:06 am »

The safest best would be sticking with this tough.
Unless they already know everything.. Then it's probably best to confess.
Let's do this.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2012, 10:42:03 am »

You know, since you killed a pet of your civ... You're now both an enemy and member of your civ. If the swordsman attacks you because of this, he will also become an enemy of your civ. Then when more guards come...
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2012, 12:23:51 pm »

You know, since you killed a pet of your civ... You're now both an enemy and member of your civ. If the swordsman attacks you because of this, he will also become an enemy of your civ. Then when more guards come...
And the only remaining member of the fort will be a stark raving naked drunken idiot running around babbling. How dwarven.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2012, 04:10:46 pm »

Stay and speak with that swordsdwarf. Use your best poker face. Time to level up Liar, Pacifier etc skills... you might one day be elected major!
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2012, 11:31:35 pm »

If he tries to accuse you of pet-murdering then tell him the rat attacked you first and you were just protecting yourself.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2012, 12:40:50 am »

If he tries to accuse you of pet-murdering then tell him the rat attacked you first and you were just protecting yourself.

Or, seeing that you could butcher it's corpse, it might be just a wild large rat, and the drunkard's real pet is still alive, somewhere.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2012, 01:00:46 am »

You know, since you killed a pet of your civ... You're now both an enemy and member of your civ.
Nope, kill by accident doesn't count. In this case any tantrum spiral would lead to loyality cascade.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2012, 06:47:14 am »

You stay still, and confirm the guards notion. You explain how the drunkard attacked you, showing off your bruise. After further investigation you break under pressure and spill the beans, explaining how you accidentally killed his pet rat and then made a hat of it and proudly strutted around the fortress wearing it, and about taking the drunkards mug.

Crap... probably should have ran. You've been sentenced to two months in the prison. They lock you up in shackles the first night, and say you can have 'floor privileges' if you cooperate the following days.

Spoiler: INVENTORY (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: STATS (click to show/hide)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2012, 06:52:20 am »

It could be worse.
They could have a sadistic hammerer who dosn't care which sentence you got.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2012, 07:04:48 am »

Shackled to the wall, not many options really. I guess do some of exercises and get ripped. When strong enough, break out of jail and get your stuff back.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2012, 07:05:48 am »

This is good news. In two months he(she?) is going to get a 'is happy to be free'-thought and become ecstatic.

...as long as someone remembers to feed him.

Edit: edited a typo. was writing from a cellphone.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 09:10:05 am by Scruffy »

Et tu, Urist
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 54