Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 54

Author Topic: the peasant dwarf  (Read 88347 times)

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
Re: the peasant dwarf
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2012, 08:57:02 am »

Find nearest refuse pile, dump rat entrails. Return to leader's room and get some booze to store in your newly emptied mug.
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2012, 09:09:50 am »

Exchange mugs with the Drunkard (the contents belong to him anyway) and run away.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2012, 10:02:09 am »

Drunkard: Go insane!

katana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2012, 10:57:17 am »

Preferably stark raving mad so you can pick up his stuff.
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2012, 11:33:49 am »

"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

katana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2012, 11:55:09 am »

Fell Mood.
Goes fell, but you hide. Lock the door behind him. Then He'll go insane.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2012, 11:58:33 am »

Fell Mood.
Goes fell, but you hide. Lock the door behind him. Then He'll go insane.
Until the miner guild leader stumbles into his office in drunken stupor.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Burnup

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill until you can't, Then savescum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2012, 12:02:37 pm »

Splash the rotting rat guts into his face, and then run to and inform local guards of public indecency.
Just tell her that you were merely doing what the voices in your head were telling you to do.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2012, 07:51:35 am »

You try to do anything BUT take a step backwards, and BOOM! The drunkard bum-rushes you and bashes you in the face with his mug. You slide across the newly smooth floors and come to a stop. The drunkard, at the sight of his dead companion, goes stark raving mad, undressing himself and bolting from the room, leaving you dumb founded and in pain.
(+.3333 fighting)

Spoiler: INVENTORY (click to show/hide)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2012, 08:13:52 am »

Is it a butterfly tattoo, or just a butterfly that drunkard had sat on?
Anyway, inspect the stuff that he dropped and takek what looks good for youself. Then tell the master about job done and ask for payment. In case he goes 'What payment?!' dig a small hole in the floor, store there the contains of your mug and decorate with stone like it is solid floor. If he pays good, then you remove rotting stuff from there, if not - let him enjoy miasma.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2012, 10:23:30 am »

Anyway, inspect the stuff that he dropped and takek what looks good for youself. Then tell the master about job done and ask for payment. In case he goes 'What payment?!' dig a small hole in the floor, store there the contains of your mug and decorate with stone like it is solid floor. If he pays good, then you remove rotting stuff from there, if not - let him enjoy miasma.

Well the gems we found COULD be good enough for payment.
So I don't think this would be a very good idea.
Instead, ask if there is more to do,
maybe we would be able to level a few skills in the process of working for this guy.
Also, I don't think we would have to worry about the drunkard any more.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2012, 10:55:09 am »

Well the gems we found COULD be good enough for payment.
So I don't think this would be a very good idea.
Instead, ask if there is more to do,
maybe we would be able to level a few skills in the process of working for this guy.
Also, I don't think we would have to worry about the drunkard any more.
We never said him about gems we've found, right? So we found NOTHING, just plain granite.
But after he pays we can ask about more work

Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2012, 12:59:46 pm »

You could take some of that granite to a workshop and make some crafts out of them. Or a coffin for the drunkard.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2012, 01:02:07 pm »

Engrave a picture of a the drunkard and a giant rat on the office floor. A memorial for them. (and perhaps a picture of a dwarf butchering rats)

Et tu, Urist

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2012, 06:58:20 am »

Shortly after your encounter with the raving mad drunkard the Miner's Guild Leader shows up with a load of supplies. You show off your work and he is actually impressed.
"Good job chap!" he says.
"Thanks, say... I've been working hard for a few days now for you, think I could get paid?" you ask.
"Of course! Why do you think I have this load of supplies?" he informs you. "Take this wheel barrel and some of the stones you've unearthed and set-up a workshop to make some crafts out of those stones" he instructs you. "It'll clear up this pile of rubble you've made and you can sell the crafts for a tidy profit. Those gems you mined out can be sold too." he says with a wink.
"Thanks" you say with a grin.

You quickly set-up a workshop in the hallway and begin chiseling and chipping away at the stone. After a few long hours you finally achieve crafting something that might be worth selling. Just as you load another stone on the table a swordsdwarf comes your direction. "I'd like to talk with you about that nude drunk dwarf" he says, while looking straight at you and walking your direction. Do you stay and speak with him, and take claim for your actions? or bolt, you can surely out run him with all his heavy gear?
(+2 stonecrafting)

Spoiler: INVENTORY (click to show/hide)
(rat's blood and intestines : decayed)

Spoiler: STATS (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 07:02:37 am by Brewster »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 54