Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 54

Author Topic: the peasant dwarf  (Read 88539 times)

Uthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: the peasant dwarf
« Reply #180 on: November 03, 2012, 06:17:57 pm »

No up date yet rawrrawr rawr rawr rawr.!!!!!!

Gavakis

• Bay Watcher
  • some loser meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 03, 2012, 06:30:17 pm »

The creature of the night demand's a new update!
Also, have the peseant dwarf go adventuring as soon as he can!

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 03, 2012, 07:19:28 pm »

Why name them? They aren't artifacts, and nothing has been killed with them so far. Except for the pick, which was used to slay a single pet...
It's a home rule.
You need to name your now magical item. All magical items crafted will need special names.

The guy should get a rune tattoo. That way he could no longer delay getting a name  :P
Perhaps a nice anti-strenghtening rune. Judging from how it affected the statues, everything the peasant touches would wither and crumble. Great for punching giant rats! (as long as he doesnt touch his beard or "interact" with the beautiful queen)

Or go to pee. Or scratch his nose, or something. Still, he needs a name... and while killing enough historical figures would eventually get him a long title, he should have a birth name to begin with. Urist, maybe? Or if there is a dwarven word for peasant...
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 03, 2012, 07:30:55 pm »

Why name them? They aren't artifacts, and nothing has been killed with them so far. Except for the pick, which was used to slay a single pet...
It's a home rule.
You need to name your now magical item. All magical items crafted will need special names.

The guy should get a rune tattoo. That way he could no longer delay getting a name  :P
Perhaps a nice anti-strenghtening rune. Judging from how it affected the statues, everything the peasant touches would wither and crumble. Great for punching giant rats! (as long as he doesnt touch his beard or "interact" with the beautiful queen)

Or go to pee. Or scratch his nose, or something. Still, he needs a name... and while killing enough historical figures would eventually get him a long title, he should have a birth name to begin with. Urist, maybe? Or if there is a dwarven word for peasant...
No, but I think that Gingcabnul would mean "Youngfool" :P (Didn't find a word of peasant or the village idiot)
Edit: Geshudcabnul is the closest I could think to the "fortress idiot" (fortress fool actually)
Perhaps add a kizab somewhere in the name (means useless)
Kizabcabnul?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 07:33:44 pm by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 04, 2012, 03:10:54 pm »

Names for the runed equipment:

◀granite amulet►: Sparklegem
◀granite ring►: Granitecircle
I agree with these two. I would name the copper pick "The axe of picking".

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 04, 2012, 03:35:32 pm »

◀copper pick► The Nosepicker
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Gavakis

• Bay Watcher
  • some loser meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 04, 2012, 03:42:23 pm »

Names for the runed equipment:

◀granite amulet►: Sparklegem
◀granite ring►: Granitecircle
I agree with these two. I would name the copper pick "The axe of picking".

I too agree.

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 04, 2012, 04:27:13 pm »

It's a home rule.

Or, you know, ever rub his eyes, scratch himself or clap. Maybe if his tongue touches his teeth something will go wrong too.
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 04, 2012, 04:38:05 pm »

It's a home rule.

Or, you know, ever rub his eyes, scratch himself or clap. Maybe if his tongue touches his teeth something will go wrong too.
But imagine all the fun we could have by punching kobolds and kicking kittens

Edit: Perhaps use a similar system as with the light amulet. The peasant pulls his beard and triggers the rune's power.
...Now then, which part of the dwarf could we encrust with the gems? Perhaps he could swallow them to gain their power. :P
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 04:40:45 pm by Scruffy »

Et tu, Urist

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 04, 2012, 04:39:19 pm »

It's a home rule.

But imagine all the fun we could have by punching kobolds and kicking kittens
We could get the same effect by strengthening ourself, that effect doesn't seem to transfer to everything it touches. Plus the crunch of skulls will be much more satisfying if you got stronger instead of the skull getting weaker.
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 04, 2012, 06:22:02 pm »

I wonder how these rune effects fit into DF's attribute system. Is Strenghtening = +strenght for self, Anti-strenghtening = -toughness/endurance for target?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 04, 2012, 09:21:18 pm »

PTW.
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 05, 2012, 07:30:36 am »

You continue to ask the Leader about the older fortress. He explains it's still as strong as the best days of it's glory, just no one lives there now. Once this fortress was settled and the king came, everyone else followed. You explain to the dwarf your plans to want to go into the caverns but scared you don't have the training. He informs you about the Miner's Guild Work Study program. They fund the training and equipment. You ask how you can apply and he says "Approved!" and rushes you to the training room and leatherworkshop. After a few months past and you load up on combat skills and a nice set of leather armor; you begin your journey through the caverns!

Spoiler: INVENTORY (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: STATS (click to show/hide)

Uthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 05, 2012, 08:25:24 am »

Go find that ore vien you got told about before you dug out the guys office.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 05, 2012, 09:09:58 am »

Be careful, sneak around in those caverns. ( +++++ Ambusher, raises Agility)
Meet animal man tribe, make new friends. Asax and his tribe will worship you as the Lightbringer, after you smooth a gem cluster near their camp and engrave it with lightsource rune.
See webbed animal (closest you get to trapped), train it... bonus point if it's a baby but will grow up into a mount and/or war beast.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 54