Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Taming Goblins  (Read 963 times)

Lopezruy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Taming Goblins
« on: October 20, 2012, 02:52:51 pm »

Curious question, if I edit my raws to make goblins tamable, would they be able to talk to my dwarves somewhat like gremlins? That'd be really cool.

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Taming Goblins
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 03:54:00 pm »

Posting to watch

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
Re: Taming Goblins
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 04:08:20 pm »

I'm not sure. When I tried it (gave them pet tokens and did some other alterations I can't remember) I ended up with goblins that behaved like other tamed animals. (I think that this was before the taming changes) My prisoners just blopped out a few babies that kept crawling around the fort and later were ordered to be trained and they ended up following their tamer all around the fort. Couldn't give them any orders or jobs. They were basically just tamed animals.

I ended up chaining them near my main gate as kobold detectors. A bit like cats but green.

I suppose that nowdays  if you manage to make them give birth you can train their offspring into war animals or something like captured wild animals. Since they are a part of a different civ and hostile I presume that they will behave like captured invider war animals/mounts.
Edit: This ofcourse requires the pet tokens

The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist