Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Your quickest game ever?  (Read 3253 times)

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
Re: Your quickest game ever?
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2012, 11:18:44 am »

I was not ready for evil areas.

Evil areas can be a bit too hard atm I think. The zombies refuse to die and resurrect absurdly quickly sometimes. The weather either outright instantly makes dwarves into thralls or just melts dwarves to death with a touch.

The only way to escape is to instantly channel downwards and somehow prepare all the edges for the arriving sods, while simultaneously spamming cagetraps all over the area. While being careful with the pets so as they dont get out and die, coming back to kill everything after just few seconds.

I really think there should be some kind of setting where you could downplay the effects on evil areas. Atm the only vanilla way is to turn off weathers completely at generation, the same way most people like to turn off bogeymen at adventure mode (having to spend 3 hours running back to town evading bogeymen is not fun, its just boring. The ambushes at night are hard as they are, seeing as they are half the reasons my legendary adventurers have died).
I survived in a terrifying glacier, then my cats ran into a thralling cloud. Kitten assault.
Yeah, the first fort I did when the patch with thralling mists came died to a single thralled cat. Its really ridiculus.

Sometimes I think that because dwarf fortress has evil magic there should be good magic as well. You should be able to buy religious stuff as protection or perhaps assign a "priest" of a random df religion to bless the dead so as they wont rise. Perhaps get special quests in adventure mode to slay necromancers and undead beasts while getting blessings from a god, so as the evil areas wont affect you as much. While evil is much !fun! there certainly is room for some zombie ass kicking as well.
Make a awesome zombie mod. I will test the shotguns and revolvers. Maybe a HL2 based mod?
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"
Pages: 1 2 [3]