Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Your quickest game ever?  (Read 3252 times)

Berossus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Your quickest game ever?
« on: October 19, 2012, 03:01:16 am »

I just tried a terrifying glacier, and within 50 seconds realtime everyone was dead due to pugnent sludge rain or something.
The miners did make it to the hillside, but before they could mine into the mountain the rain had struck them, and everyone died horribly before i could even carve out a hole in the mountain to hide within.

Whats your record time to die?
My son, many speak of the honor in war.
My preferred method is to wait until their back is turned, then impale them with a pike held by someone else.
Preferrably from a distance.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
Re: Your quickest game ever?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 03:08:45 am »

Sinister area, thralling clouds. I unpaused, and right as my miners grab their picks, I get the "a clouds of ferocious dust has appeared!" And its 5 tiles away from my dwarves. 

Maybe 30 seconds, then everyone was a thrall.

Berossus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 03:14:00 am »

Tried 5 more times now, its literally IMPOSSIBLE to do this.
Game starts, 7 miners run for the hillside, begin to mine -IT HAS STARTED TO RAIN - and 30 seconds later everyones dead from fever.

Is there a thing you can do here?
My preferred method is to wait until their back is turned, then impale them with a pike held by someone else.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 03:21:05 am »

Dig straight into the ground below your dwarves, then they don't have to run like maniacs.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Berossus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 03:30:08 am »

Tried this, but as soon as they try to get the food inside, theyre basically dead.
Tried a second time, made a burrow and confined them there until the rain stopped. A second rain came after i dug out a 5x5 food stockpile and they wanted to get some drink inside.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 03:38:20 am »

Tried this, but as soon as they try to get the food inside, theyre basically dead.
Tried a second time, made a burrow and confined them there until the rain stopped. A second rain came after i dug out a 5x5 food stockpile and they wanted to get some drink inside.
Forget about Freeman? (In this case, the food and drinks) Dig down to get farms?

Also, died in about 40 seconds, killed by thrall kittens. Sinister glacier.

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 08:07:58 am »

I embarked on a BC married couple. I was dead faster than a funny car goes through the 1/4 mile.
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

Berossus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 08:20:40 am »

I embarked on a BC married couple.

You what?
That sounds kinky.

Cereus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 08:21:24 am »

Embarked on a site with a forest titan. Didn't even have time to get my dwarves underground.
Joint quickest would have to be that one time when I was a newbie and thought "terrifying" was just a scenic tag. Embarked in a terrifying desert and almost immediately lost my dogs to evil mist.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 08:25:23 am by Cereus »

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 08:28:25 am »

I had somehow had my Swamp fort IMMEDIATELY Killed off by Alligators. 2 frames in.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 08:38:01 am »

Embarked on a site with a forest titan. Didn't even have time to get my dwarves underground.
Joint quickest would have to be that one time when I was a newbie and thought "terrifying" was just a scenic tag. Embarked in a terrifying desert and almost immediately lost my dogs to evil mist.
Welcome to B12 then, i see you met the !!FUN!!.

Urist McKoga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 09:43:42 am »

Just arrived, normal embark, close to a river. My wagon is very close to river.
A wild alligator appears!
Wild alligator bite dwarf-leg!Is super delicious!
Woodcutter/Axedwarf used Dodge! But he drowned himself...

So i lose my only military dwarf to river, 2 miner to this alligator and now he is waiting on the wagon.

Flying Fortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2012, 10:25:11 am »

Embarked on a very large river, 1 minute later everyone has an alligator chasing them, about another minute later everyone is dead.

Embarked in an evil biome, I immediately got hit with blue rain that killed all my dwarfs before I could even find out what the side affects were.

Before the evil rain/fog, back when evil areas were a walk in the park and kinda boring, I embarked on an evil wetland (iirc) and was instantly overrun with un-dead water buffalo.  :o

Oh, and the yeti's, blizzard men, reindeer, elk, and ice wolfs get me almost every time I embark in a tundra/evil tundra.
Has entire family killed and all friends butchered and raped.
---
It's cool, he saw an awesome sock AND a waterfall, so it's all good now.
it's ‼Super Happy Tantrum Time‼

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2012, 10:49:13 am »

My fastest fort death was when I had just started playing, round about my 5th or 6th fort, having finaly found out how to run a half-decent fort that dosen't doom its founders to die a slow (and more importantly, boring and violence-free) death to starvation. I, like some of the posters above me, had embarked on an evil biome. I had used my miner/mason focused embark, intent on mining out a "safe"(from the outside threats at least) haven to defened against the zombies. Part of this plan was to build a wall around the entrance so I could acess the outside for wood. Unfortunatly, I had decided to try and build the wall first, and a cloud of brown mist flew in and killed all my dwarves at roughly the same time. I never even got to find out what the cloud did to them. I can't remember how long it took, as this was a long time ago, but it couldn't have been more than 2 minutes.
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2012, 10:52:29 am »

The fastest would probably be the Terrifying Glacier when the Giant Frost Spider corpse showed up as soon as I unpaused.

Think Giant Cave Spider, aboveground.  And a zombie.  Webs and death everywhere.
Pages: [1] 2 3