Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: You Are Islanders--Day Three, Monsoon!  (Read 7314 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quick question: how many eggs will be collected (roughly) per egg collector, and how many are produced (per chicken/ day)?
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

A chicken produces 1d6-1 eggs per day if female and 1d3-4 if male.
The egg-collector collects all eggs at once, unless he gets a 3 (half of the eggs) or less (none, possible egg breakage).
An egg is good for, oh, half of a person's daily food. Nor reason to get caught up in the numbers.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah. Just wondering how many collectors I'd need.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

The egg-collector collects all eggs at once, unless he gets a 3 (half of the eggs) or less (none, possible egg breakage).
An egg is good for, oh, half of a person's daily food. Nor reason to get caught up in the numbers.
That means that If I get an egg producing bonus or something, the males will start laying eggs? Or do the males somehow reduce the amount of eggs,?

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile

Name changed, is it o.k.?
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can I add the slightest change to my perks? I've been thinking it over, and I need to adjust a few things.

Otherwise, no questions save one: Do we order all our people to do things?

EX: "5 men picking fruit, 5 men cutting wood, 5 men exploring, 5 women gathering shellfish, 5 women sewing" or something?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That means that If I get an egg producing bonus or something, the males will start laying eggs? Or do the males somehow reduce the amount of eggs,?
It means 4>3.

Can I add the slightest change to my perks? I've been thinking it over, and I need to adjust a few things.
Sure, what is it?

Otherwise, no questions save one: Do we order all our people to do things?

EX: "5 men picking fruit, 5 men cutting wood, 5 men exploring, 5 women gathering shellfish, 5 women sewing" or something?
Yup, although you need a prier for each person gathering shellfish and don't have any grasses or reeds to sew with. And you only have one adze. So, general idea's fine.

Should I start putting how to make these useful tools in the OP?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I changed the perks; - Added chickens, added no canoes. That's fine, right?

And when do we post our turns? And, please do, it'd be nice to have a quick reference. Are you keeping track of our villages/stuff, or do the players?

Plus, how do we "Learn" better technology? I want to set some smart guys on thinking up a prototype spear (Stick + Fibers/Rope + Stabby), and some mining, y'know. To actually catch foods with.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It,s fine. Post your turns now, if you're ready.

You can already make spears and such. Worry about learning more than average Polynesians when you have a village up and running.

Finally, I'll be able to keep track of your villagers, but you can too. If we both do it, there's a lower chance of a screwup.
Sig

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have fun keeping track! Screw the work, I want FUN! Plus I'm already keeping track of 2-3 RTD characters...

# of people = Green.
Men = Teal.
Women = Pink.
Children = Yellow.

Kamehameha will order two of his men to take the adze and fell medium-sized trees, two other men to scout in a roughly one-mile radius around the village, five men to head to the local mines and begin to gather chunks of ores/sturdy rocks, and two men will try and discuss a way to fashion a BOW. Oh, and three men to try and hunt for meat.
The final man will gather water for everybody.

Five women will also hunt for tubers, reeds and etc, while the last five women and children will go out and pick fruit.

Color-coding is fun!

« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 05:11:58 pm by Caerwyn »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

BRILLIANT MASTERPLAN INBOUND

Five women will take a group of 6 children each to the Hunt. One man will acquire shellfish. Ten children get grass and reeds, while the remaining ones research food preservation.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile

5 Men hunting,
1 Man gathering wood
1 woman Egg collecting
1 woman teach 5 children hunting.
9 men + 4 women practice running.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 06:00:04 pm by anailater »
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1 man gets water [no tools]
2 men cut trees [adze]
9 men hunt [no tools]
3 men and 5 women gather plants [no tools]
1 woman collects eggs [no tools]
3 women gather grass / reeds [no tools]
1 woman starts a fire [no tools]
5 kids muck about, or whatever it is kids do.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

10ebbor10:
You have one adze, which requires only one person. Likewise, you have one pick, which five people will probably just fight over. Once you get stone or something, you can make more.
Making a bow requires two units of wood, easily gatherable within a day, and one of grasses or reeds for the string (even more so).
Kids might help, but it's hard to get them to work.
Finally, while everyone can get their own water they won't do as well as if one person got water for all of them.

Slowpoke: You have five men, and children probably won't work. You can make suggestions, but at least half of them will just be children. There's a reason kids are cheap...Thankfully, they eat half as much.
Oh, and having half of your adult population hunt at a -1, with neither weapons nor armor? Do you want a tribe of children?

anailater: You have only one adze, and don't expect a baby for a while. And the kids should learn farming about when you can set it up, which won't be for a while.

TopHat: One adze, kids do pretty much just muck about.

Seriously, why do people try to get multiple people to cut trees with one adze? An adze cannot divide into a swarm of littler adzes!
Sig

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile

Changed.
So how are you today?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7