Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: You Are Islanders--Day Three, Monsoon!  (Read 7269 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are Islanders--Day Three, Monsoon!
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2012, 05:49:43 pm »

((So i only have 4 kids now?))
Yup, one got washed out to sea.

Oh, and ebbor: What were you making picks out of? I just noticed, you have no stone.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2012, 06:37:34 pm »

10 Men with knives go hunting (MORE MEAT FOR THE MEAT GOD, MORE BONES FOR THE BONE HOUSE!)
4 Men more grass collecting
1 Man make some beds/bandadges
4 Woman make boats
1 Woman + 4 Children Mourn Lost child
1 King Hold funeral
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2012, 07:11:45 pm »

That reminds me, do any of you want to claim titles or name your groups*, landing sites, mines, or whatever?
*Or at least give the group a definition, like tribe or clan or whatever
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2012, 07:17:29 pm »

I Shall be the King of the Crimson Colony from Darkhood Forest!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2012, 12:25:24 am »

Oh, and ebbor: What were you making picks out of? I just noticed, you have no stone.
I was planning to make it out of the stone the men were send out to gather, but they have a tendency to come back with bird nests instead.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2012, 06:33:54 am »

I was planning to make it out of the stone the men were send out to gather, but they have a tendency to come back with bird nests instead.
Yeah, boulders aren't that easy to find. Thankfully, you can make adzes out of shell. Not picks, though.
Sig

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2012, 10:16:49 am »

Yeah, boulders aren't that easy to find. Thankfully, you can make adzes out of shell. Not picks, though.
So I guess those picks weren't made then, and they just spent the rest of their time making spear. (Also, finding semilarge rocks shouldn't be that difficult. I mean, it's just a stone.)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2012, 10:37:02 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((How much light does that shell prier give. Having a flashlight is rather usefull.))
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 10:08:26 am by 10ebbor10 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2012, 05:18:23 pm »

So I guess those picks weren't made then, and they just spent the rest of their time making spear. (Also, finding semilarge rocks shouldn't be that difficult. I mean, it's just a stone.)
I'll take this into consideration.
And the prier gives off only dim light. Once it pried off the shellfish, it glowed just brightly enough to be seen in daylight but faded fast. It might be about as useful as a candle in its brighter moments.

-----

Tribe status will be updated once OP is.

Leader: Heiruphus
Landing Site: Unnamed, surrounded by makatea and a rich forest, near an islet with an obsidian mine
Spoiler: tribe status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)
Bah, forget the color-coding, I'm getting lazy. I like the updates though; - Lots of info, and long, too...Must take a while to write 'em up. Don't worry about rushing, take plenty of breaks and stuff.

3 Men build More Hut(s).
3 Men Hunt for Food. Using the Bow and whatever Spears are available.
3 Men will take an Adze's and gather plenty of Wood.
2 Men will continue to Mine. (Use both Pick's.)
2 Men will Train with any extra Spears, throwing them and stabbing.
1 Man will make Spear(s).
1 Man will make crude practice "Swords" out out of wood.

5 Women will gather MORE GRASSES.
2 Women will watch the children.
1 Woman will get Water.
1 Woman will tend to the Sick Woman/Child
1 Sick Woman will Rest.

4 Children will search for interesting and useful things.
1 Sick Child will Rest.

10 Men with knives go hunting (MORE MEAT FOR THE MEAT GOD, MORE BONES FOR THE BONE HOUSE!)
4 Men more grass collecting
1 Man make some beds/bandadges
4 Woman make boats
1 Woman + 4 Children Mourn Lost child
1 King Hold funeral
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((How much light does that shell prier give. Having a flashlight is rather usefull.))
We need LordSlowpokč's action.

-----

While we wait, I'll do something I've meant to do for two turns: Note important things in the tribes status in the OP!
anailater, you have two major problems. One, your broken-legged people will only get worse if forced to work, a fact I would have thought would be obvious. Also, you seem to be having a food shortage. It's not enough to worry about, short-term, but give it another couple days and it could.
TopHat, ebbor: You have enough food for tomorrow, unless you're trying to build up a surplus.
Slowpoke: Don't expect much from child labor. Before you know it, they could be running away...
ebbor: Congrats on getting both magic items so far.
Sig

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2012, 05:24:24 pm »

Actions are edited. Yay for food surplus!
EDIT- magic items?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 05:28:36 pm by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2012, 05:40:48 pm »

Actions are edited. Yay for food surplus!
EDIT- magic items?
How else would shell priers glow and spears twitch?
Sig

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2012, 08:00:45 pm »

I didn't hear about any magic items.

What? Does that mean I can train Shamans and Druids?

If so,

FUCK YES

If not...Well....Bleh

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2012, 08:13:23 pm »

Probably not, but with "luck" you might be able to get some sort of magic item.
Good tools probably help.
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2012, 09:07:18 pm »

No Slowpoke, so no update until tomorrow evening.
Sig

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2012, 09:20:59 am »

I could have sworn I posted actions here... that, or I messed up the threads again. I'll check later, but for now:

One man: Grab 1x good bone spear and head off to the Hunt

One man: collect wood

Two women: tend wounded

Two women: craft adzes

One woman: start fire

Three men: begin construction of LARGE HUT

Children: collect 15 units fruit, then do whatever
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7