Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Using a necromancer army to attack the HFS  (Read 3119 times)

I am Leo

• Bay Watcher
  • Ia ia Oggez Rashaz!
    • View Profile
Re: Using a necromancer army to attack the HFS
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2012, 08:41:18 am »

As an experiment some time ago I embarked on a tower containing 100 or so zombies and 30 or so necromancers. I walled off most of my dwarves and dug down to the fun. The demons had emptied the tower and killed the necromancers in seconds. It turns out that while zombies don't care about fire, necromancers do.
I shall have to try again, but fortify the tower for them.

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2012, 11:28:57 am »

As an experiment some time ago I embarked on a tower containing 100 or so zombies and 30 or so necromancers. I walled off most of my dwarves and dug down to the fun. The demons had emptied the tower and killed the necromancers in seconds. It turns out that while zombies don't care about fire, necromancers do.
I shall have to try again, but fortify the tower for them.

Fortifications should fix that, right? Or failing that, windows behind fortifications?

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2012, 03:11:37 pm »

Success! Over quite a few adventurers, I've managed to get into the tower, kill the resident necromancer, (actually managed this while still normal, but died trying to clear the floors), then my latest adventurer, the first vampire of the bunch, has read the slab, and left it for there for others to follow.

Now, how would I get him into the migrant roulette? And all the future others, of course...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2012, 05:36:28 pm »

Try finding a site you can retire at that belongs to a civilization you can embark as. This is why I play with dwarves building human cities; I can begin adventures, take quests, and retire in them.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2012, 06:08:39 pm »

Wait, what?

Oh no...

Well, I'll check legends, see if I'm lucky...

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2012, 06:30:08 pm »

You could also try embarking close by a tower and try to catch visiting necros in cage traps.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 [2]