Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Toilets  (Read 3438 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Toilets
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2012, 05:50:55 pm »

Why cant we like pay or something for a "Mature" version then? Would gladly pay 10 bucks for dumping a giant load of shit into an incoming goblin invasion.
I think you have your definitions of "mature" and "juvenile" switched up there.
Well it wouldnt get a juvenile rating.
Not mature as in rating, mature as in "not involving toilet 'humor'"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lee72

• Bay Watcher
  • ranting at the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2012, 03:37:02 am »

Why is this even a discussion anymore? Not to be blunt, but Toady says he wants to stay away from that, for the sake of the game.
I guess new people like me, like to discuss old shit!
(Pun intended)

BeenCarl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • American Society for Velociraptor Attack Protection
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2012, 08:55:13 am »

Why is this even a discussion anymore? Not to be blunt, but Toady says he wants to stay away from that, for the sake of the game.
(Pun intended)

The worst part about this whole idea is that there is that one person in every game that suggests this. Why is there such a fascination for all this crap?
It's like fighting goblins with lye, and winning.
Velociraptor season is here.
Are you prepared?
http://www.velociraptors.info/

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2012, 10:57:53 am »

(Pun intended)

The worst part about this whole idea is that there is that one person in every game that suggests this. Why is there such a fascination for all this crap?

Why is there a facination for gutting up malformed human beings(dwarfs)? And using their guts as ammunition
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2012, 01:15:02 pm »

(Pun intended)
Why is there a facination for gutting up malformed human beings(dwarfs)? And using their guts as ammunition
There isn't, except to a few people. It's memorable, but not mainstream by any means.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Revanchist

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you for helping us help you help us all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2012, 11:06:29 pm »

I don't know anyone here that wakes up in the morning and thinks:
Urist McUnlucky is going to get mained by a squad of badgers. Then I'll send his head to the Mrs. And let his ghost haunt the baby.

I cannot name one person that has that as their focus in the game... Sorry.
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds."

People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy.

nicfer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2012, 07:20:09 pm »

Diggy diggy thread I know, but better than creating a duplicate.

First post in the forums, and I thought of this idea, together with a 'necesity' system. Dwarves get loaded with a 'poop' internal value after eating, and 'pee' after drinking. When those values go over a certain value, dwarves will get a 'hurry' status, and they try to get to a bathroom, public or private. Those who don't find one must go outside near a tree and do stuff, with a minor(?) unhappy thought. If still unable to find a spot, they poop/pee on their underwear and get a strong unhappy thought, along with cloth getting one level of wear. Additionally, if they want to poop, after the 'must find a tree' stage they get a random chance of generating miasma at their tile. Yeah, those purple clouds of FUN.

Toilets must be connected to a dump zone, like the caverns or even magma. Both poop and pee are considered liquids, which leave potash after evaporizing, like how water covers tiles with mud. Said potash can be collected for use in fertilization, saving ash use to soapmaking.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Goodbye.
Pages: 1 [2]