Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: [METALFRILLS] NO farming YES mods - Enlist Now!  (Read 14765 times)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [METALFRILLS] NO farming YES mods - Enlist Now!
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2012, 03:42:11 pm »

Done. My turn draws closer!

Just noticed the OP hasn't been updated to include my turn though.

EDIT: Looks like there's three undead for katana to deal with, as well as a couple ghosts. And we seem to have magma forges as well! For, I believe, just a second year, this fort is at least further along production-wise than mine are. Though my guys die less. Can't have both though, and death means FUN.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 03:48:25 pm by Man of Paper »

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2012, 04:37:16 pm »

EDIT: Looks like there's three undead for katana to deal with, as well as a couple ghosts. And we seem to have magma forges as well! For, I believe, just a second year, this fort is at least further along production-wise than mine are. Though my guys die less. Can't have both though, and death means FUN.
Spent the whole year digging with multiple legendary miners (They got very skilled thanks to the tree/wild plant farm in the soil layer. (darn, it trained them fast) After that ll mining happened in a blink of an eye)   ;)

By the way, the there have been quite a few necromancers on this embark. (Dead/missing lists 4 necromancers!)
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2012, 05:25:13 am »

Taking a turn.

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2012, 10:47:09 am »

Ohey I'm up.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 10:49:36 am by katana »
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

katana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2012, 11:31:29 am »

Diary of Katana, Late spring of the year (something+1)

ERMAHGAWDTHISBODYSUCKS (OOC: Didn't mean that literally. :c)

TIMETOFINDANEWONE

HEY YOU YEAH YOU YOU'RE ME NOW

NEW SQUAD

FOOOD.

Like a day or two later

WHAT THE HELL

Yay

Oh there's the entrance.

NEW MEDIC. FIX PEOPLE.

Wait a second. There's evil rain, yet we have a fuckton of fisherdwarves. How does that work?
GUYS WHERE'S THE LEVER TO OPEN THE ENTRANCE WE'VE GOT PEOPLE STUCK OUT THERE BLARGH.
Also, scruffy was trapped insid the morgue.

WHY IS NOBODY MAKING ME STATUES?

God fucking damnit.

Seriously where is the lever to open the front gate? :c
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2012, 11:59:24 am »

Seriously where is the lever to open the front gate? :c
To the next overseer:

Open the gates. The lever is the left topmost one in the dining room.

Also, no iron statues because we don't have iron  ::) only a few bars of pig iron and steel.

By the way, your old dwarf was amazing:

-<something> of Zalkor stood alone against the undead and the necrodorf and held them back until the militia could arrive. <something> truly is a great hero. May his beard grow long and broad.
(He bit and latched on the necromancer and shook it around in the air while having his own arm ripped of by a zombie. A shame that he will most likely die of blood loss soon.)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 12:04:07 pm by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

katana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2012, 12:04:49 pm »

It's all confusing because of that weird tilesets glitch, for a second I thought the dwarves were hauling around dead trees at high speeds (they were wheelbarrows). How do I fix it? (tiles are weird if you go to ascii graphics after using a tileset)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2012, 10:59:13 am »

My charger situation just got hairy. My battery holds 0 charge now and my laptop seems to not acknowledge that the dealy is plugged in.

However, as I am typing this, one must assume that a battery with no charge in a laptop plugged in but not lighting up in acknowledgement must have one of those wrong.

EDIT: As of this moment I'm good to go. But if you guys don't hear from me then you'll know why.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 11:00:46 am by Man of Paper »

katana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2012, 05:21:44 am »

Agh, too busy this week, sorry.

Skip me, maybe I'll take a turn some other time.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2012, 06:44:00 am »

What I don't get is why no one has made javelin throwers and broadhead javelins,those things lop off limbs in one blow(crude javelins suck though,crossbows still better early on)

But I might be willing to get my hands dirty on this save ,sign me up!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2012, 06:47:46 am »

No sacrificial altars from what I can see, for the price of totems, you can get badass weaponry from the gods.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 06:59:24 am by javierpwn »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2012, 07:03:37 am »

Cloth can also be exchange for fireproof buckets/barrels with a chance of armor?

Would need to check that though

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 18, 2012, 12:43:07 pm »

My turn! It are here! I've been putting off playing the new version of LFR until I did this so I wouldn't get all forgetful of what I'm able to do and not do.

Does the first time hurt? (I am, of course, referring to your first succession fort)

Oh, and another important question: I've never uploaded anything ever. Could someone be kind enough to give me a step by step on zipping the file and all that crap? (I have 7-zip)

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2012, 12:52:46 pm »

My turn! It are here! I've been putting off playing the new version of LFR until I did this so I wouldn't get all forgetful of what I'm able to do and not do.

Does the first time hurt? (I am, of course, referring to your first succession fort)

Oh, and another important question: I've never uploaded anything ever. Could someone be kind enough to give me a step by step on zipping the file and all that crap? (I have 7-zip)

1.Go to your save folder, right click on the metalfrills folder, choose 7-zip and compress (i think its called that. I'm explaining from the top of my head)

2.Go to http://dffd.wimbli.com/index.php and create an account. After that choose upload and fill in the required information and choose the file you want to upload. (there seem to have been some server problems lately)

Et tu, Urist

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2012, 02:25:26 pm »

1.Go to your save folder, right click on the metalfrills folder, choose 7-zip and compress (i think its called that. I'm explaining from the top of my head)

Offering an alternate method, because my computer handles compression and uploads differently and Scruffy's method could not be followed exactly on my system:

Left click once on your saved game to select it (like you would if you wanted to rename the folder), then right click on it.  You'll see a list of options:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

select 'add to archive'.  You'll see a couple more choices:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You have the option to rename the compressed file-to-be and choose between a zip or a rar format, and a few other choices that I've never toggled.  The new compressed file is created in the same folder with its parent.

So your system's method might vary, but hopefully similar enough to Scruffy or my comps to help!
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8