Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 437

Author Topic: LaFotM OOC Thread: Shipping and bosses and madness oh my  (Read 272941 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: LaFotM OOC Thread: Shipping and bosses and madness oh my
« Reply #6015 on: February 11, 2013, 07:11:45 pm »

Nonsense. You get any cookies I harvest from Twi.

Ragecandybars are what I'll keep.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6016 on: February 11, 2013, 07:51:51 pm »

You can play too, SSG.

So, the Iloail are a race of plant-people split into three castes, the irises, lotuses, and roses. The Irises are the workers, builders, and more caring parents. Most of them are male. The lotuses are the warriors and the majority of them are female. These lotuses tend to make up the majority of Iloial minority populations, as prisoners of war turned into civilians. The roses are the nobility and royalty and are only female.

Externally, the Iloial appear like a flower, as large green leaves cover most of their body and their hair is made of multiple long petals of varying vibrant colors. Their eyes are always a solid pale blue. They're about as big as a human and a slight bit thinner. The deeper you dig into one, the body becomes a mix of plant and animal tissues, with a foul-smelling sap fueling their body yet their hearts being mostly animal tissue. Their bones and teeth are a combination of bone and that wood-like material. Said teeth are sharp and used to eat the dead of any sentient race, including their own. In fact, it's considered better to feed a comrade than to rot outside. They live the healthiest in swamps and forests, where the supply of water, sun, and things to kill and eat are highest. However, a group of exiles called the Icethorns have set up a town called Qialxebia (Kee-all-SAY-bee-uh) in the region of Voshor, one of the three regions of Kestvoshorzhelm, a small, predominantly taiga continent, home to both the first Demonbloods and their language of Kestvoshorik.

Most are naturally aggressive and territorial to those not of their own grounds, Iloial or not. When they work with other races, they usually do dealings with the Demonbloods, who share the same love of combat and traditions of cannibalism. When they have trouble with eachother, though, it's usually about the Iloial religion versus the atheist majority in Demonblood society or the Demonbloods wasting borrowed resources on things the Iloial view useless, like massive artistic projects or trying to sustain good relations with the humans or Nyelrrithics. The Iloial tend to despise the Nyelrrithics.

The primary Iloial religion is called Xolqexicqast (sol-KAY-sick-ast). It has two gods in it, Litexa (lee-TAY-sah), the goddess of the sun and combat, and Mitalxiz (mi-TAL-seeze), goddess of sleep and death. Litexa is responsible for protecting Iloial from harm and keeping the sun from aging to the point of its destruction, while Mitalxiz brings the Iloial that Litexa could not protect to the Mezocq-hoin (mez-OKE-hoin), which is Warspeak for Greenmarsh. Mezocq-hoin is more like Valhalla than Heaven.

Ultim-talst (Ull-tim TALLST), which means "Before Favor" is where the non-Iloial souls go for exactly 32 years. The place is a cold, yet burning system of infinite tunnels where almost everything is made of metal or hard stone in some combination. People will constantly feel the need to eat and drink, leading them to kill other souls, an action that resets the changing of the victim's soul into that of an Iloial. The Iloial see themselves as doing good for the people they forcibly convert, as they believe that if you do not follow the religion, your soul ceases to exist. When they commit genocide, they are preventing those they see as inferior (the Nyelrrithics), from being allowed into Ultim-talst.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6017 on: February 11, 2013, 07:55:25 pm »

So they're flower people that transform the souls of those they kill into flower people? Awesome but Impractical.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6018 on: February 11, 2013, 07:58:48 pm »

How is it impractical?
My tumblr.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6019 on: February 11, 2013, 08:00:05 pm »

How is it impractical?
Because it won't impact the physical plane.
Sig! Onol

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6020 on: February 11, 2013, 08:00:24 pm »

You can play too, SSG.
I was just kidding, man. Good to know, though. :P
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6021 on: February 11, 2013, 08:02:13 pm »

It's religion. It doesn't have to impact the physical realm, as long as it makes its believers feel better about death.
My tumblr.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6022 on: February 11, 2013, 08:02:25 pm »

Soooo...Anyone want to play Only War LaFotM? Anyone? Anyone?!?!

If we do do a third one I'll be Angerus again. He is somehow the least OP charcter in this, probably.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6023 on: February 11, 2013, 08:04:03 pm »

It's religion. It doesn't have to impact the physical realm, as long as it makes its believers feel better about death.
That's why I put the Awesome in there.
Sig! Onol

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6024 on: February 11, 2013, 08:04:49 pm »

If we do do a third one I'll be Angerus again. He is somehow the least OP charcter in this, probably.

Still a notch above Kwyk. :P

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6025 on: February 11, 2013, 08:07:48 pm »

Kwyk has anger superpowers!

Alabaster, on the other hand, has the Elemental Focus of Money. In the SIDEWALC system, all his stats except Charisma would be 1 or 0.

Yes, I'm going to do this.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6026 on: February 11, 2013, 08:09:00 pm »

Onol's not OP!
Unless you consider 'legendary +a lot' in Pick Fighting counts as OP.
Sig! Onol

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6027 on: February 11, 2013, 08:10:09 pm »

Both'll probably be a step or two above my theoretical STALKER character, heavily irradiated artifacts notwithstanding. :P
Alabaster, on the other hand, has the Elemental Focus of Money. In the SIDEWALC system, all his stats except Charisma would be 1 or 0.

Yay. :D
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6028 on: February 11, 2013, 08:18:41 pm »

Kwyk has anger superpowers!

1 is above-average. The whole thing ranges from -5 to +5, after all. :P

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6029 on: February 11, 2013, 08:20:57 pm »

But yeah, Xantalos, the RP I've got has more about Gelduzmorn and its species in it. Of course, the species histories are incomplet in the main post.
My tumblr.
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 437