Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 437

Author Topic: LaFotM OOC Thread: Shipping and bosses and madness oh my  (Read 272305 times)

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
Re: LaFotM OOC Thread: Shipping and bosses and madness oh my
« Reply #6360 on: May 11, 2013, 02:13:18 pm »

What's IRC?
A way that peeps chat over the interwebs, very much like what we are doing right now, but faster. :V
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6361 on: May 11, 2013, 02:15:07 pm »

Eh. I'll probably leave myself out of Only War. I just think freeform/semi-freeform is the best way to go with this kind of RP.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6362 on: May 11, 2013, 02:34:10 pm »

Eh. I'll probably leave myself out of Only War. I just think freeform/semi-freeform is the best way to go with this kind of RP.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6363 on: May 18, 2013, 02:12:10 pm »

When V3 finally comes out, I'm thinking we should try to invite more players. Things get boring when there's only five players.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6364 on: May 18, 2013, 02:39:41 pm »

Yeah. Most of the characters in the last one were mine or Twi's, and I don't really think that's particularly a good setup.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6365 on: May 18, 2013, 02:42:53 pm »

Hey Slayer, you should join my game. Then maybe I'll have TWO players. Oh man that would be great!
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6366 on: May 24, 2013, 04:45:10 pm »

I'm still working on SIDEWALC, folks. Just working out items and such.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6367 on: July 13, 2013, 08:21:37 pm »

0n0
I'm sad right now.

I decided to check out Jellycat's profile. She hasn't been on since February. Mid-April for Cassandra. There might be others whose names I don't even remember. Anyways, I just realized that when V3 finally comes out, it isn't gonna be the same. Sure, those of us who still do stuff here will have matured and be to a degree, better at not doing stupid things as often, but we'll be missing a few people who were rather important to the game.

I've thought about this game, a few seconds every day. I've been waiting impatiently for a fix of free-form role-play-game. But I just realized minutes ago that even when this returns, it won't scratch that mental itch that I've had for so many months. Even if I were to just now create some sort of V2.5, and it got players, it wouldn't make that imaginary rat stop clawing at the inside of my brain.

I did just notice that Caellath's been on today, so that's good, I guess. I don't remember if he stopped playing because he got sick of it or just drifted away from B12 for a while, though.

I guess this is my monthly resurrect of this thread.
My tumblr.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6368 on: July 13, 2013, 09:18:58 pm »

I've thought about this game, a few seconds every day. I've been waiting impatiently for a fix of free-form role-play-game. But I just realized minutes ago that even when this returns, it won't scratch that mental itch that I've had for so many months. Even if I were to just now create some sort of V2.5, and it got players, it wouldn't make that imaginary rat stop clawing at the inside of my brain.

Man I know that feeling. Not with this game but other things. It's the worst. Just makes you want to - somehow - start the game up again yourself. But when you do, it's not the same. The original author isn't there. The same enthusiasm built up over months isn't there. The silly flair, the downsides and upsides, the world you've all collectively spent so much time building? Gone.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6369 on: July 13, 2013, 10:29:35 pm »

And then you make a new world. You make it different, interesting, hopefully better.

Don't see despair when you can see hope.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6370 on: July 13, 2013, 10:38:03 pm »

And in this case? We are all the author. Every last one of us. Some may leave, but others will join to replace them, one day.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6371 on: July 13, 2013, 10:56:14 pm »

I'll gladly help when--if?--the time comes. I've heard a lot of good things about this game...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6372 on: July 13, 2013, 11:01:34 pm »

Honestly, I didn't say it before, but I wasn't really a big fan of the LaFotM community and mostly just signed up as Alabaster near the end to troll people. Alabaster was, essentially, a personification of all the bad writing I've seen in freeform RPs over the years. The fact that almost all the characters in some way hated him gave me great joy because that was the point. To create something that would shift the dynamic of the game around a little from super-powered characters who can do lots of cool, oftentimes really cliched stuff and be successful most of the time.

Most people didn't even understand the satire, and someone did say I needed to be less subtle about it. But poking fun at people shouldn't be the same as being negative and ruining their fun.

EDIT: I even forgot my own character's name.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 11:09:22 pm by freeformschooler »

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6373 on: July 13, 2013, 11:13:49 pm »

I regret a good portion of everything I posted.
My tumblr.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6374 on: July 13, 2013, 11:19:04 pm »

Why?
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 437