Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

Author Topic: Arena: An Arena RTD in an Arena (Turn 7: Trees)  (Read 21051 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Arena: An Arena RTD in an Arena
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2012, 08:34:48 pm »

So I should change it? 
How about one turn of invulnerability and two of immobility?

I suppose...wondering if I should scrap the ability all together. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2012, 08:47:55 pm »

Reserve. Making a sheet!

Name: Aarturius
Starting Weapon: Shield
Ability:
Shield Warfare
Low Tech
Appearance: Aarturius is tall, 6'2", and well muscled. He has short black hair, with a sharp beard and gray eyes.
Brief Biography: He's fit, agile and powerful, but he's not exactly the smartest, or the most charismatic. Still, he's a loyal and able fighter, well versed in warfare.
Hit Points: 20/20

If his Shield Warfare is too overpowered, just remove the extra +1 to ranged defense. (So it only has +1 defense against melee/ranged in total).

Yeah, the toned down version of +1 overall is better.

Name: 'Oneshot'
Race: Human
Starting Weapon: Musket
Ability: Master of 1: +2 to musket use. Good for nothing else: -1 to all other equipment except unarmed. Patient Hunter: Always goes last.
Appearance: Wears so many rags and ripped cloth that he's positively overdressed. Scarves hide his face and wears goggles. Very messy hair. Standard build.
Brief Biography: Calm and collected Oneshot. What people don't know is why he likes using a musket. He doesn't say. A mercenary by trade, times got a little tough and now, he's in this competition, assured in his own abilities.

Apart from the bayonet, what IS the advantage of the musket? :P

I'll except as long as you count +2 to purely offensive shots or defensive shots. Because rolling a +2 every for every combat is going to make you really OP.

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2012, 10:45:35 pm »

((So am I allowed to keep a spot for this long? I'm a bit bust, but I have some time between 8 and 8:30 to make a sheet. I've always wanted to be in a big arena type big-battle RTD.))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2012, 11:34:53 pm »

((So am I allowed to keep a spot for this long? I'm a bit bust, but I have some time between 8 and 8:30 to make a sheet. I've always wanted to be in a big arena type big-battle RTD.))

Or, you know, you could just whip up a quick one, without too much fluff, and go from there. Got a cellphone? Laptop with wi-fi? Takes naught but a second to open a book-mark, check for an update and type a quick post.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2012, 06:25:46 am »

Yeah sure.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2012, 10:22:23 am »

Name: Edward Mundy
Race: Human
Starting Weapon: Bow & Arrows
Ability: Ranger (+1 to Ranged attacks, -1 to Melee)
Appearance: Being Stereotypically Australian, Edward wears slim jeans, a vest, and 'Cowboy-ish' boots. He has a typically Australian hat that I don't know what to call, and wears a single glove to help his grip on his weapon. He dons a Blue Shirt underneath the vest to signify his Team Alignment.
Brief Biography: (Thanks, TF2 Wiki!) In his former life as a tracker of dangerous game in the unforgiving Australian outback, the Sniper would spend months by himself. Prolonged isolation taught him a valuable lesson: You don't have to rely on other people if you never miss. Hailing from the BLU Team, he wants to win the money to buy better weapons for himself and his team.
Hit Points: 20/20 (Just leave this here.)

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2012, 10:24:03 am »

thar we got. Edited to offensive. Makes more sense to his character anyway. :)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2012, 10:28:18 am »

Or, you know, you could just whip up a quick one, without too much fluff, and go from there. Got a cellphone? Laptop with wi-fi? Takes naught but a second to open a book-mark, check for an update and type a quick post.
...I had a TON of homework, and I could only post every twenty minutes or so for a few minutes. It took Priority.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2012, 10:40:04 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's not hard. I works six hours a day or so, but I can still easily update. I just borrow someone's phone for a minute or two...But, true, everybody has difficulties in life, sorry.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2012, 04:52:11 pm »

Name: Damian Caeser
Race: Male
Starting Weapon: Modern Crossbow
Ability: Fleet Footed
Weak
Appearance: Messy brown hair, with a frame which is not particularly powerful looking. Green eyes.
Brief Biography: (Optional, but helps.)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2012, 05:25:39 pm »

I'm counting 6 players now. I'll leave the sign-ups open for another 24 hours, and the Max cap will be around 10 players.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2012, 06:44:25 pm »

Alrighty then, boss! I'll eagerly await the chance to smash somebodies face in with my shield.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2012, 09:18:29 pm »

Yeah, rawght, like that's ever gonna happen, ya' wanker!

((I've always wanted to RP as the Sniper...))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2012, 06:13:21 pm »

Hey, I need to ask you guys to vote on something. There are two systems which I can use for damage, which one do you all prefer?

Standard: Dice rolls are subtracted to calculate damage. Ex., 5 vs. 3 = 2 Damage, 4 vs. 3 = 1 Damage.

Dynamic: Each higher number is exponentially higher than the lower ones. Ex., 3 vs. 1 = 4 Damage, 5 Vs. 2 = 7 Damage. This mode is also very subjective based on your weapons, position, and other variables.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2012, 06:21:24 pm »

Hey, I need to ask you guys to vote on something. There are two systems which I can use for damage, which one do you all prefer?

Standard: Dice rolls are subtracted to calculate damage. Ex., 5 vs. 3 = 2 Damage, 4 vs. 3 = 1 Damage.

Dynamic: Each higher number is exponentially higher than the lower ones. Ex., 3 vs. 1 = 4 Damage, 5 Vs. 2 = 7 Damage. This mode is also very subjective based on your weapons, position, and other variables.
Dynamic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20