Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20

Author Topic: Arena: An Arena RTD in an Arena (Turn 7: Trees)  (Read 21093 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arena: An Arena RTD in an Arena (Round 7: Kings and Caesars)
« Reply #135 on: November 03, 2012, 08:03:33 pm »

Bite! Snarl! Call for pack! Third time's the charm...?

Thing is, all this arena is this time around is a small circular space of sand. I doubt there's any wolves around.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 03, 2012, 08:05:54 pm »

Thing is, all this arena is this time around is a small circular space of sand. I doubt there's any wolves around.
He's a rabid wolf.  Do you expect him to care?

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 03, 2012, 08:15:10 pm »

It's pretty much my only chance, do you think I care?
I could always roll a 5-6...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 05, 2012, 04:06:48 pm »

Aarturius. :3
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 05, 2012, 10:50:01 pm »

Damn

MURDER THE GODDAMN DOG

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 06, 2012, 03:41:06 pm »

Round 8: Not dead yet!

Damian Caesar reloads his Crossbow.

The Rapid howls for his pack!...Nothing happens. It growls and turns to Aarturius. (2 vs. 6) As the wolf pounces Aarutirus, he shoves it back with his Shield. (5 vs. 1+1-1) Aarutirus cracks his shield over the Wolf's head, sending it limp. (-6 HP: Concussion, -1 to all rolls for 2 turns)

Aarturius raises his Shield and swings it down yet again on the wolf, aiming to finish the job. (5 vs. 6+1-1-1) The Rabid's leg convulses and swings out, tripping Aarturius and causing him to miss.

Oneshot meanwhile had just finished viewing the event from afar. "Bloody hell..." He raises his Musket and aims it at Aarturius. (3+2 vs. 4) The bullet rips through Aarturius's ribcage, though misses the most vital of his organs. (-5 HP)

The Fluffy Wambler nibbles on Oneshot's shoe.

Spoiler: Scoreboard (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Participant Statuses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Arena: An Arena RTD in an Arena (Round 8: Not dead yet!)
« Reply #141 on: November 06, 2012, 05:33:53 pm »

RUN INTO CORNER. HIDE.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 06, 2012, 05:50:48 pm »

5v4 against the wolf, and I miss, but the sniper does 4v5 to me, and I lose 5 hp!? And I get a 5v1 on the wolf, and it's only 6? Oh well.

HUNT DOWN THE WOLF. FLAY IT'S HIDE FROM IT'S...uh...skin? Drink the potion as well!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 06, 2012, 06:50:31 pm »

Shoot oneshot. Then charge him, overhand smash if possible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 06, 2012, 07:18:24 pm »

5v4 against the wolf, and I miss, but the sniper does 4v5 to me, and I lose 5 hp!? And I get a 5v1 on the wolf, and it's only 6? Oh well.
[/b]

Sniper got a 5 vs. 4. Wolf gets a +1 bonus to dodge, 5 vs. 4+1 is a cancel out. You did 6 damage and a critical status ailment.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 06, 2012, 07:21:37 pm »

Hm? Yeah, I understand the 5 v 6+1-1-1, but how does he do 5 damage, if he only got 1 higher than me?

I need more caffeine in my system. Bleh.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 06, 2012, 07:24:56 pm »

Hm? Yeah, I understand the 5 v 6+1-1-1, but how does he do 5 damage, if he only got 1 higher than me?

I need more caffeine in my system. Bleh.

Can you give me the two examples, each roll and the results? I'm genuinely interested as this might improve my system.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 06, 2012, 07:27:53 pm »

Uh...Probably not? I just don't understand how the Sniper gets a total of 1 on me and deals 5 damage, while I get a 5 over the wolf, and deal 6 damage + a minor effect.

If he got a 5 and I got a 4, shouldn't he do 2 damage? Though the 6 works for the damage I dealt, and the status effect is nice. I don't really mind though, it just seems odd. Maybe I'll re-read on how combat works.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 06, 2012, 07:32:45 pm »

Shoot oneshot. Then charge him, overhand smash if possible.

One attack per turn please :3

Though, special weapons and items allow for more than one attack per turn, but they come later.

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 06, 2012, 10:31:45 pm »

Rifle=More deadly than shield.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20