Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25

Author Topic: Prince's Guard - Blood in the Mists - Game Over!  (Read 40766 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Prince's Guard - Blood in the Mists - Turn 1
« Reply #120 on: October 25, 2012, 04:47:04 pm »

Dariush: Why no attack? Trying to stay under the radar?

Quick clarification: I did not mention attacks on people who were able to block everything sent against them. Only Injuries were noted. For the record, only IronyOwl did not Attack last turn.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 25, 2012, 04:49:59 pm »

Quick clarification: I did not mention attacks on people who were able to block everything sent against them. Only Injuries were noted. For the record, only IronyOwl did not Attack last turn.

Damn, and I flipped through the posts twice trying to see if he did attack. Sorry!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 25, 2012, 04:54:14 pm »

Damn, and I flipped through the posts twice trying to see if he did attack. Sorry!

No worries, I just didn't want people to think that I'd ignored any of the actions.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Prince's Guard - Blood in the Mists - Turn 2
« Reply #123 on: October 25, 2012, 04:56:13 pm »

Dariush:   So do you suspect Toony or Leafsnail more now?
Spoiler: it'll be whoever Dariush regards as the greatest threat to himself.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 25, 2012, 08:46:06 pm »

Tiruin:
And before you tell me that you didn't attack him because he attacked you, let me just say that I don't particularly believe you.   (That should also answer your other question as well.)
Technically, I can say that I am committing such, if we take the meaning out of the proverbial book. However, the attacks - pertaining to the ones against the statements [which also do fall under those lines] - began long before my name was outlined by him in red.

Thus me still asking why it's bullshit.

Could you explain more on that second paragraph? I can't get it: "I didn't attack him because he's attacking me, Toaster doesn't particularly believe me." is how that formed in my mind.

Hrmph.  I suppose it's true you were bugging him before that.

I meant that I expected you to respond with "But I wasn't doing that," which you still did, so I was preemptively responding.

Caz:
Mainly it was you saying he was both trying and trying not to look like town.  (A question to which you didn't answer.)

I said that he was trying to look town while trying not to get noticed. I'm not saying he was trying to look town and trying not to look town at once. That would be stupid.

Oh really?  Let's look again.  (Emphasis mine.)

You seem to spend all your time defending yourself and trying to look town.

Weak answer. How am I looking town? Can you give any examples? And I guess you would love if I completely ignored any and all accusations against me, wouldn't you?

You aren't, but you are trying to stress your innocence and place the blame on people who suspect you to be scum. Have you suspected anyone yet who hasn't already suspected you? Why are you so concerned that people attacking you must be scum?

You are saying both.  Don't try to tell me otherwise.

I am glad you find this interesting.  What conclusion do you draw from it?

He is either a swordmaster/swordsman. He would have more utility to the scum side and is more dangerous to the Prince. It makes it more likely that I would attack him in the future.

This isn't true.  He's equally as dangerous to whatever side he isn't on if he can attack twice.  If he's town, he's twice the threat to any traitors.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 25, 2012, 10:53:03 pm »

Sorry for the lack of activity.

Deathsword:
IO: Turin tried to look Loyal, and when I called him on it, came the loads of fecal matter. I can't help but become angry at this. As to why I brought it up twice (before the post I am answering to, #76), it was because his crap about "me being worried about my survival" was new, while the "too town" part was weak by itself. When I made my first full case on him, I did include his "reaction test".
This is bullshit, though.

He started questioning you, and doing the weird predefend thing, his very first post of the game. You responded normally (along with asking if one of his pregame quips indicated his in-game alignment), he questioned you on your response, and you and he continued exchanging posts until he called you out on a bizarre statement, namely that if all of your fellow traitors were openly attacking the Prince you'd want to go last so nobody noticed you, at which point you exploded in defensive rhetoric. You hadn't exploded before, despite Tiruin talking to you constantly (and, I might add, doing far more scumhunting than you were), so trying to claim a direct Calling Out -> Bullshit -> Angry At Bullshit connection is, quite frankly, bullshit.

Tiruin: Why attack twice instead of attacking and defending?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 25, 2012, 11:14:27 pm »

Deathsword: Suppose you're a Traitor Swordsmaster, how would you go about in using your abilities for your wincon?

I was reading through old posts and found this little chesnut. Could it be that you were asking for advice on how to play your own role?
Chestnut?

Also, no. That was made as an RVS question, just as I asked the rest of my RVS questions. Also, why the bolded part? Why would I ask others for tips on how to play my role? And on that note, efficiently?

Tiruin: Why attack twice instead of attacking and defending?
The only thing that matters is information at this point. We have 8 guardsmen (yeah Toony, I fail at math too, sorry DX), and without any lead we cannot easily discern a more viable path if this drags on, by the looks of it.

Also I'm thinking this: Patterns of attack and looking into people's quality of posts. No roles other than attack//defend, like a total vanilla game, so adding in the patterns of play after flips would give better information than mucking about and defending the self, in my eyes. When you threaten a person's life directly, and as they don't know who they're allied with or not, I believe that it would add a type of tension to their reaction.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 26, 2012, 04:22:04 am »

Dariush:   So do you suspect Toony or Leafsnail more now?
Would I prefer to eliminate swordmaster/swordman traitor over any other kind? Definitely. Are you scum? Double definitely. Your post #109 is made of bullshit, so I'll explain by paragraph because you don't deserve quotes:
1) Direct contradiction. Earlier you said I was 'doing something' in the post you referred to, then you said it was in the next one. Additionally, my posts were several hours apart. In the same vein I can say that your posts #93 and #99 were non-posts, since they consisted of one line each.
2) So... if I'm the only one attacking someone, that attack is 'meaningless and half-hearted'? Even if I have a solid case going, that gets longer with every post? I can't even begin guessing how that's supposed to work.
3) 'You' can be considered one of the 'people'? Huh, I thought you were a walking shit golem. With cherry on top.
In other words, since when is asking a list of suspects an indirect implication of doing nothing?
4) OMGUS without a vote? Well, isn't that new.

So yeah, you're double lying scum, Leafsnail.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 26, 2012, 05:46:02 am »

Dariush: How is Leafsnail lying again? Quotes please, for even if he 'doesn't deserve quotes', I think we do.

Also, request: Could you at least link post #109 to help your case, as you seem apprehensive to use quotes? What does the hours between posts have to do with contradiction and also, what is your definition of bullshit?

Why are you generalizing instead of specifying what you're talking about?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 26, 2012, 05:49:48 am »

So yeah, you're double lying scum, Leafsnail.
Hey guys, I'm fucking psychic.

In response to your questions:
1. You are intentionally misreading me (I invite every non-stupid player to read my post and see if Dariush's bizarre "contradiction" makes any sense).  One line posts are fine, it's the "I am not actually scumhunting and I'm instead just throwing meaningless criticisms around" which is the problem.  All of your posts were non-posts until the attack one, and that one sucked balls.
2. You had no case on ToonyMan and you have no case on me.  Other than WAAAAH HE'S ATTACKING ME
3. Yeah you can't do anything to save this point because it's wrong.
4. Wow that is a really stupid argument.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 26, 2012, 08:59:05 am »

He tries to look town but is failing to look town. I don't know how many more times I have to explain it. Find something else to go on with.

This isn't true.  He's equally as dangerous to whatever side he isn't on if he can attack twice.  If he's town, he's twice the threat to any traitors.

We know he is swordsman. There's a 50% chance that he's scum. Defending is more town-utility because you can use it to protect a known town player (IronyOwl) but attacking can only be used for (maybe) hitting scum or assassination. At the start of the game it is stated that if we get down to 1v1 and a scum swordsman is left, then it's scum win.

Also, no. That was made as an RVS question, just as I asked the rest of my RVS questions. Also, why the bolded part? Why would I ask others for tips on how to play my role? And on that note, efficiently?

Ok, just wondering. If you say it was just a random question I'll believe you. Do you believe that it was a good idea to reveal your role?

Dariush: What's with the counter-attack omgus and nonsensical arguments?

Jim: Last round you attacked me for not believing Deathsword's attempts to scumhunt, and what are you doing? Trying to lurk your way to the finish line so you can shoot the Prince in the neck?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 26, 2012, 11:12:43 am »

Yes, it is.  Attack Dariush.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 26, 2012, 11:18:52 am »

Irony:

You dirty scumbag.

Dariush:
rage

I have no idea what you're trying to say here, especially point 1.  Some quotes and links would help.

Also, do you still suspect Toony?

Caz:
He tries to look town but is failing to look town. I don't know how many more times I have to explain it. Find something else to go on with.

Whatever you say, boss.

We know he is swordsman. There's a 50% chance that he's scum. Defending is more town-utility because you can use it to protect a known town player (IronyOwl) but attacking can only be used for (maybe) hitting scum or assassination. At the start of the game it is stated that if we get down to 1v1 and a scum swordsman is left, then it's scum win.

This is still crap, especially the bold part.  How else are you going to eliminate scum except by attacking them?

I agree that I'd like to hear more from Jim.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 26, 2012, 11:29:19 am »

PPE: Toony and Toaster - I left the reply message open...

Caz

What I think is he's trying to ask you to clarify it in a simple sentence. Also, last sentence here...deflecting attention there?

Swordsman? What led you to that conclusion? Also, how would you find scum then, judging by your reasoning?

ToonyMan

Why is it?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 26, 2012, 03:51:55 pm »

Irony:
You dirty scumbag.
What are you trying to do here, lighten the mood?

Why is it?
Both of his attacks so far have served no purpose and contained no understandable reasoning?  I feel like you're just asking a question to ask one here.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25